The all-encompassing fantasy hockey inquiries thread

habsfanwpg27*

Just a quick question, just picked him up over waivers, 10g's 5a's and a +8 not bad numbers at all. Just curious do you guys think he can continue that pace? what do you guys think of him a player in terms of where he fits on your roster? Thanks guy!

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Right now he is on the 1st line with Stastny. He has the ability to continue that pace however his biggest obstacle will be health. Past injuries, bad luck or not, history isn't comforting.

If he is healthy season long I could see 25 - 20 or 30 - 20 (around 50ish points or more).

Punished ROR

a hero denied by hortons
Jul 3, 2006
FANTASY HOCKEY.

Can we sticky a thread at the top of the board for fantasy questions? These threads clutter up the board.

Adama0905

Dec 25, 2007
Boulder, CO
Definitely. He's staying on a line with Stastny. If he is healthy for the rest of the season, he will break thirty goals.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I'm not an aves fan but David Jones is kind of a weird player. At times he looks like he's a budding powerforward and at other times he looks like a regular 3rd liner. He'll likely break out big offensively at some point but I see him as a bit of a streaky player.

Adama0905

Dec 25, 2007
Boulder, CO
I'm not an aves fan but David Jones is kind of a weird player. At times he looks like he's a budding powerforward and at other times he looks like a regular 3rd liner. He'll likely break out big offensively at some point but I see him as a bit of a streaky player.

Not really. Look at his game log, he's about as consistent as any other developing powerforward, and twenty goals in his last forty-three games (he only played twenty-three last year) is nothing to scoff at, that's almost a forty goal pace.

The only problem he has is injuries, he's glass.

GravelTheOne

Jun 5, 2007
Alma, Québec
Shattenkirk

Hi guys,

I saw that Shattenkirk has cooled off and I would like to have your opinion on him. What's your expectations offensively this year ?

Thanks

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
He should break 30, I'd hope. However most believe that he is playing safe hockey and not roaming enough in the offensive end since he has no one that can cover for him. Until someone who is defensively responsible is paired with Shattenkirk I don't think he'll break 40.

GravelTheOne

Jun 5, 2007
Alma, Québec
He should break 30, I'd hope. However most believe that he is playing safe hockey and not roaming enough in the offensive end since he has no one that can cover for him. Until someone who is defensively responsible is paired with Shattenkirk I don't think he'll break 40.

But, does he run the first PP unit ? With that offensive squad, how can't he put up some great points ?

NHL33*

But, does he run the first PP unit ? With that offensive squad, how can't he put up some great points ?

Yes, he's on the 1st PP unit with Liles. The PP has been inconsistent all season but he should be anywhere between 30-40 points easily by the end of this season barring injuries, etc.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!

Thats why I can see him breaking 30. Once Stewart comes back that should help him boost up his stats. However, the offense and PP has been wildly inconsistent. One week you could see them being top 5 in PP the other they'll go 2 for 20 at be one of the league's worst; same with offense.

In the future I can see him getting 40+ consistently if not higher however this season don't bet on it.

FlyLife

Nuthin but a G Thang
May 23, 2008
Livin the High Life
Galiardi

Hey Avs fans, just wondering what you all think of Galiardi as a fantasy option, now and in the future. I am in a pretty deep keeper league and was curious as to what his offensive potential is. I read that he is on the 4th line, but has gotten time on some of the top lines...any truth to this, and will he have a chance to move back up?

Thanks a lot

PS: Any of you prospect guru's have an outlook on Elliot? Point potential and ETA? Thanks again!

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Hey Avs fans, just wondering what you all think of Galiardi as a fantasy option, now and in the future. I am in a pretty deep keeper league and was curious as to what his offensive potential is. I read that he is on the 4th line, but has gotten time on some of the top lines...any truth to this, and will he have a chance to move back up?

Thanks a lot

PS: Any of you prospect guru's have an outlook on Elliot? Point potential and ETA? Thanks again!
Elliot is at least a couple years off.

I think galliardi is a decent pick up late. he is on the fourth line right now, but he has scoring line potential.

Let his record stand for itself. Over a full year he should be in the 40-50 range, at least.

He regularly plays on the first line with Stastny. Usually as the guy who goes and gets dump ins.

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
I, and few others, believe that TJ has top 6 potential. However the safest bet right now, barring a breakout, is that he'll be a 3rd line player who'll get top 6 minutes when injuries arise or lines-changes. He looks to have 20/20 potential.

As for Elliot you gotta ask RS for that. He follows Elliot, and the Blades, like a Hawk.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Elliott could and should see time with the Avs as early as next year.

He will be in his 20 year old season and will not be returning to Saskatoon next year. He will be seeing top pairing minutes in the AHL, and will likely even get a few games in the NHL later in the year next season, depending on how his transition goes.

Once he is up full time, I would expect him to be a regular 50 point defender who plays full time minutes on the PP and as a top 4 defender.

If he is still a free agent in your keeper league, then GRAB HIM.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Elliott could and should see time with the Avs as early as next year.

He will be in his 20 year old season and will not be returning to Saskatoon next year. He will be seeing top pairing minutes in the AHL, and will likely even get a few games in the NHL later in the year next season, depending on how his transition goes.

Once he is up full time, I would expect him to be a regular 50 point defender who plays full time minutes on the PP and as a top 4 defender.

If he is still a free agent in your keeper league, then GRAB HIM.

Do you see Saskatoon going to deep with the goalers they have? I know both are pretty solid, but not all-star caliber.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Do you see Saskatoon going to deep with the goalers they have? I know both are pretty solid, but not all-star caliber.

I think they have the best "tandem" in the league.

Not many teams have the benefit of having a 20 year old starter with a 19 year old backup.

And to be fair, Stanford is "all-star" calibre. He is 18-3 this season and is top 5 in the league in GAA and SV%.

But yes, it's one of the teams strengths and I think it will serve them well down the stretch this year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think they have the best "tandem" in the league.

Not many teams have the benefit of having a 20 year old starter with a 19 year old backup.

And to be fair, Stanford is "all-star" calibre. He is 18-3 this season and is top 5 in the league in GAA and SV%.

But yes, it's one of the teams strengths and I think it will serve them well down the stretch this year.

I was just wondering because beast teams (like Saskatoon) can make average goalers stats into Roy-levels.

Definitely a strength having two reliable. I would say the only team that is close Kootenay and Tri-City before they traded the Russia kid.

FlyLife

Nuthin but a G Thang
May 23, 2008
Livin the High Life
Thanks to all of you guys for the info.

RS, I picked up Elliot, its a 12 team league with 10 player farm systems, so I'm happy with the pickup. I'd like to think that a potential 50 point dman is atleast a top 120 talent outside the NHL.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Thanks to all of you guys for the info.

RS, I picked up Elliot, its a 12 team league with 10 player farm systems, so I'm happy with the pickup. I'd like to think that a potential 50 point dman is atleast a top 120 talent outside the NHL.

Nice move and i would agree with you.

RoyDekesGretzky

The Factor is in
Jul 10, 2011
starting a keeper league this year, with about 10 of my pals

Just wondering which round you may pick landeskog. I would like to get him, just dont wanna take him too early, if he'd be there a little later on

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
I have a pretty tough proposal on my hands, as I am currently persuing Duchene. I am a big fan of his amd want to see what devout Avs fans think.

There will likely be some tinkering, but do you think something Based around the following would be worth it for a team looking to win in year 2013 on?

Duchene, top 10 draft pick in 2012 and Spurgeon

For

Patrice Bergeron, Derek Stepan and EJ?

I feel like the later is giving up too much, but am not sure of Duchene's ceiling. I love him and Landeskog being future 1st line linemates, but as a rebuilding team, giving up and #1 Center, a #2 center (potentially #1) and a top 2-4 defenceman seems like much.

Thoughts?

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
I have a pretty tough proposal on my hands, as I am currently persuing Duchene. I am a big fan of his amd want to see what devout Avs fans think.

There will likely be some tinkering, but do you think something Based around the following would be worth it for a team looking to win in year 2013 on?

For

I feel like the later is giving up too much, but am not sure of Duchene's ceiling. I love him and Landeskog being future 1st line linemates, but as a rebuilding team, giving up and #1 Center, a #2 center (potentially #1) and a top 2-4 defenceman seems like much.

Thoughts?

I wouldnt do that trade if I were you.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

For

Thoughts?

I think it's a pretty fair trade but I'm just always weary of Bergeron's health. I kinda like this deal though because Duchene's success depends on EJ's, which balances out the trade (i.e. if Duchene really breaks out, I would say it's a safe bet EJ's production goes up)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad