The All Encompassing Evander Kane Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
I don't think Chevy should be looking to move Kane for "less than their typical cost" myself.

Chevy hasn't moved Kane to this point, and Kane is under contract. I don't see the pressure on Chevy to move Kane for pennies on the dollar.

Sure. I mean we're pretty much talking about a "this situation has come to a head and needs to be resolved" scenario - if that doesn't correspond with the reality of the situation right now then it's inapplicable.

If the Jets are willing to hold onto Kane indefinitely, I'd guess that a "bidding war" will continue to not materialize.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Kane is a great player, but a hockey team is like an Olympic rowing team. You may have the best rower in the world, but you need to work in concert to achieve success.

Yeah, but when Kane is rowing he also distracts the water so the other rowers on the crew don't need to row as hard.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Anyone else have the feeling Kane's first hat trick will be scored on Pavelec?

Derfel*

Well, he seemed to be nursing a wrist/hand injury. Maybe the reason why he would a tracksuit is because he couldn't do up the buttons on his shirt?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Sure. I mean we're pretty much talking about a "this situation has come to a head and needs to be resolved" scenario - if that doesn't correspond with the reality of the situation right now then it's inapplicable.

If the Jets are willing to hold onto Kane indefinitely, I'd guess that a "bidding war" will continue to not materialize.

I hear ya, I just think if Chevy is going to trade Kane right now, with the injury situation and whatever else, and take a potential loss over what he could probably get in the summer for instance seems like bad asset management to me.

Sure we're in a playoff hunt and this may not help, but a potential Kane trade and the assets returned could affect the Jets for 10 years.

I just don't see why Chevy would decide all of a sudden that he needed to move Kane at a lower price than he has previously wanted.

If Kane decides this is his last straw, I'm guessing his card is then to elect for surgery. In that case, that leaves Chevy with 2 3rd line spots to fill, but I'm guessing that also open's up some cap/budget $ if Kane is on LTIR? And then in the summer, once Kane is healthy and possibly more teams could be in the mix, Chevy can revist a move.

Savardian Spinarama

Grippin' 'n Grinnin'
Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Another loss on PaMo. Huge over reaction if over sweats. Sound technical systems coach but prone to blunders. Like I have said since before the season began, do not underestimate how bad Noel was. That means a better record with the same players does not make PaMo above average. His best moves, Buff to D and Perry on PP were stumbled upon by injury.

How do you know it was just about wearing sweats? Maybe it also had something to do with the (maybe) reaction/push back on being told it was inappropriate to wear sweats. Speculation on my part, but unless you know more about the situation we can't say at this point.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think that if Kane and the Jets are at an impasse and Kane wants out, then Chevy and Maurice should sit down with him and tell him that they'll move him in the off-season, but in the meantime they need him to keep quiet, play hard, and show that he's a good player.

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
I think that if Kane and the Jets are at an impasse and Kane wants out, then Chevy and Maurice should sit down with him and tell him that they'll move him in the off-season, but in the meantime they need him to keep quiet, play hard, and show that he's a good player.

Worst thing they could do at this point. It would be a huge distraction for a team that is trying to make the playoffs and not to mention getting out of this post-All Star break funk.

Derfel*

Step 1: Put Kane on the IR
Step 2: 3 weeks later, send Kane to the AHL on a "reconditioning" stint
Step 3: Laugh at Kane hanging out in St. John's

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I hear ya, I just think if Chevy is going to trade Kane right now, with the injury situation and whatever else, and take a potential loss over what he could probably get in the summer for instance seems like bad asset management to me.

Sure we're in a playoff hunt and this may not help, but a potential Kane trade and the assets returned could affect the Jets for 10 years.

I just don't see why Chevy would decide all of a sudden that he needed to move Kane at a lower price than he has previously wanted.

If Kane decides this is his last straw, I'm guessing his card is then to elect for surgery. In that case, that leaves Chevy with 2 3rd line spots to fill, but I'm guessing that also open's up some cap/budget $ if Kane is on LTIR? And then in the summer, once Kane is healthy and possibly more teams could be in the mix, Chevy can revist a move.

It doesn't work that way. The cap relief only kicks in once the team hits the cap. Then of course the relief ends as soon as the player is fit again. The Jets don't need any cap relief at the moment and won't until long after this situation passes. I suppose if his salary is being paid by insurance it might help the budget a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad