Red Sox/MLB THE AL GONFALON IS OURS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
and so is the regular season

you can't have it both ways.
Its because we are talking ablut track record. The regular season is 162 games.

The 2B idea isnt terrible but hes played 15 career games there. He played 6 innings at 2B this season and then you have to go back ro 2014 for his nexr time playing 2B

The Garden

Oct 6, 2018
Ron Darling saying that David Price pitching 6 shutout innings was "as great a performance that you will ever see in the playoffs" is the most asinine thing I've ever heard, especially since Darling himself pitched 7(!) shutout innings in a World Series game back in 1986.

Why are you being negative right now? Why is anyone?

It was a truly fantastic game for Price when you consider all the storylines going into it. Many people in this thread called it a throwaway game/guaranteed loss. One of the announces said during the game that no one expected Price to go 5 innings, which was true, and he had 6 strong innings. Price won this "throwaway game" for us as much as anyone.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Wow congratulations Boston and Red Sox fans. Ye are going to the World Series!!

What a weekend I picked to go to Boston. I could potentially be there when the Red Sox win the WS on either the Saturday or Sunday night. So long as they don't change the time of the Bruins game on the Saturday then this is shaping up to be an epic weekend!

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow congratulations Boston and Red Sox fans. Ye are going to the World Series!!

What a weekend I picked to go to Boston. I could potentially be there when the Red Sox win the WS on either the Saturday or Sunday night. So long as they don't change the time of the Bruins game on the Saturday then this is shaping up to be an epic weekend!

I *DON'T* think there will be a time change for that game as it will be in the NL city and it causes problems with Canadian TV to change it.

upload_2018-10-19_2-37-42.png

Luckily coming from Ireland you don't have to deal with US Customs at Logan as that is done at Shannon and Dublin.

Preclearance Locations | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I *DON'T* think there will be a time change for that game as it will be in the NL city and it causes problems with Canadian TV to change it.

View attachment 148035

Luckily coming from Ireland you don't have to deal with US Customs at Logan as that is done at Shannon and Dublin.

Preclearance Locations | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

The preclearance is fantastic. I didn't think it would make much difference but when we did it in Shannon last year en route to Boston, the amount of time you save is huge. You land in Logan and straight out the door as if it's a domestic flight. Sweeeeeet.

Fingers crossed the game won't be changed. Its always dodgy flying on the same day as a game but work commitments wouldn't allow us go out on the Friday like we wanted.

Super excited now. Go Bruins. Go Sox.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The preclearance is fantastic. I didn't think it would make much difference but when we did it in Shannon last year en route to Boston, the amount of time you save is huge. You land in Logan and straight out the door as if it's a domestic flight. Sweeeeeet.

Fingers crossed the game won't be changed. Its always dodgy flying on the same day as a game but work commitments wouldn't allow us go out on the Friday like we wanted.

Super excited now. Go Bruins. Go Sox.

What happens at Logan is a crapshoot in the early afternoon as planes are landing from all over Europe at roughly the same time.

My best-educated guess is French TVAS will want the Habs in their traditional 7 PM slot. BUT the Red Sox do have a strong following in Quebec.

upload_2018-10-19_5-2-30.png

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Another trip to the World Series. It's quite amazing what we've witnessed from.the Sox after 2004.

This never gets old!

I’m more of a football and hockey fan, but the Red Sox have a special way of sucking you in that the other teams don’t. Never in my life did I expect the Red Sox to win “a” World Series, never mind having a shot at winning FOUR in 15 years!

In a way, this is more impressive than what the Patriots have done.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This never gets old!

I’m more of a football and hockey fan, but the Red Sox have a special way of sucking you in that the other teams don’t. Never in my life did I expect the Red Sox to win “a” World Series, never mind having a shot at winning FOUR in 15 years!

In a way, this is more impressive than what the Patriots have done.

impressive part for me is the continuity despite change.

the 4 WS appearances (and hopefully 4 wins) have been done with 3 different GMs and 3 different managers

Reactions: rfournier103

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
We won't know until game 3

But considering the hitting JBJ has provided, either Benny or Betts should sit

I too think it's a good idea to sit the likely....:checks notes:......:checks notes again:............:has a shot of whiskey:..............:reevaluates why he spends time on this board:.................:does another shot:.............:decides to give zero f***s:..........league MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad