Red Sox/MLB THE AL GONFALON IS OURS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yeah no.

He had 3 hits. Granted all 3 were monster hits, but let's not go overboard here.

This says HI

Dp18QA3VYAItaz-.jpg:large

You don't SIT the ALCS mvp.... Cora will just have to find another way to make it all work. Even if it means playing Betts at 2nd

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This says HI

Dp18QA3VYAItaz-.jpg:large

You don't SIT the ALCS mvp.... Cora will just have to find another way to make it all work. Even if it means playing Betts at 2nd

A lot will probably ride on how he plays his first two games in boston. If he goes 0-9 or 1-10 he may have to sit

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DAN SHAUGHNESSY
David Price redeemed himself in Game 5

HOUSTON — The relentless Red Sox won the American League pennant on Thursday night, beating the defending world champion Houston Astros, 4-1, in Game 5 of the American League Championship Series. The Sox open the 114th World Series Tuesday at Fenway Park vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers or Milwaukee Brewers.

Winners of 115 games, the Sox are trying to become the first team of the 21st century to win four World Series. In October of 2018, they’ve erased the 100-win Yankees and the 103-win Astros, winning seven of nine playoff games, including five straight on the road.
And here are the words you thought you’d never read . . .

The Sox clinched the pennant on the strength of six innings of stellar, pressure-packed pitching from the much-maligned David Price.

That’s right. On three days’ rest, filling in for ace Chris Sale, matched up against the best postseason pitcher of this generation (Justin Verlander), Price hurled six shutout innings, giving up three hits, striking out nine, and walking none. In the most important game of his Red Sox career, Price finally won a postseason start. It was his first scoreless outing in 12 playoff starts and he did it after warming up feverishly in the eighth and ninth innings of Wednesday’s epic Game 4 Red Sox victory.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They're great. The hats are too...but I can't bring myself to buy non Title swag. It's different than it was in the early 2000's...Titles are king. :p
I just bought it online. Not cheap but I couldn’t resist.

If they win the World Series, I’ll buy a hoodie like I did in 2013

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
A lot will probably ride on how he plays his first two games in boston. If he goes 0-9 or 1-10 he may have to sit

What if Benny and Betts go 0-9? Because they each hit poorly overall vs the Astros. Betts has been very inconsistent playoff performer. Defense by all is great. But as per hitting without JBJ we don't get past the Astros

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Astros were dominated on both ends....such pleasure to watch

Redsox outpowered them on offense and pitching was less brutal . Today lights out

Redsox secondary, really was the difference in this series

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
What if Benny and Betts go 0-9? Because they each hit poorly overall vs the Astros. Betts has been very inconsistent playoff performer. Defense by all is great. But as per hitting without JBJ we don't get past the Astros
The Astros series in the past.

Benintendi and Betts have a much better track record than Bradley. Betts mighy be the MVP of the league

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The Astros series in the past.

Benintendi and Betts have a much better track record than Bradley. Betts mighy be the MVP of the league

Regular season track record. Not in the playoffs.

Look at the end of the day , JBJ doesn't need to be benched. Play Betts as the 2b. He has played there before and is pretty decent. What is wrong with this idea?

IF JBJ struggles the 1st two games, fine....but if he does not, you can't leave him out the lineup

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I won't miss tbs's announcers at all

But I will miss Lauren Shehadi

Ron Darling saying that David Price pitching 6 shutout innings was "as great a performance that you will ever see in the playoffs" is the most asinine thing I've ever heard, especially since Darling himself pitched 7(!) shutout innings in a World Series game back in 1986.

Reactions: McGarnagle

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Regular season track record. Not in the playoffs.

Look at the end of the day , JBJ doesn't need to be benched. Play Betts as the 2b. He has played there before and is pretty decent. What is wrong with this idea?

IF JBJ struggles the 1st two games, fine....but if he does not, you can't leave him out the lineup
Because he's played a grand total of 15 games in his MLB career at 2B? I get he was a 2B prospect, but...no.

I'm sorry but the WS isn't a time you experiment with that stuff.

Reactions: McGarnagle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad