GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We are going to need to be better in a number of areas where we have not been better, specifically:
  • We have to be at least even in special teams
  • We have to be at least even in goaltending
Even with those, it is questionable if we can score enough.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
I'm starting to think that maybe a healthy Klingberg would have been what we needed we just got unlucky with his hip injury.
The last 4 games is all the proof we needed as to why Tre took a flyer on Klingberg.

We came into the season with power puff D that also had zero skill.

The skill fraction is harder to fix.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
its something serious. thats what they arent getting. doctors have to clear him. this isnt the flu lol the guy is pissing blood
As someone who has pissed blood a number of times, you would be surprised at how common it is. The technical term is exercise-induced hematuria. I've had it a few times after long runs (20+ miles) in high heat. Scary as hell the first time you see it, let me tell you.

Reactions: The Masters

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
You bring up these points of other teams and fan bases but fail to realize how "unique" this organization is.

There is not a single organization in the sports industry like us. No other league has a team that makes the playoffs 8 times in a row and is never looked even once as a serious contender league wide.

No team in any other league has had to endure the embarassment that this team provides us

As for when we came back to make it 1-1, you did read the matthews thread right? People, including myself, were talking about how legendary that game was from him, how he willed the team a win, we talked about that game as if we forgot the past 50. This fanbase is reactionary, give us something to cheer for and you won't shut us up, but give us a reason to hate, and you'll never hear the end of it. This team has just not given us anything to cheer for.

Just look at this series. We have:
1.75 GF League Average ->3.12
3.5 GA League Average -> 3.12
50% PK
7% PP
.883 SV%
Leading scorer has 3 points in 4 games
No player has scored twice

We can't score, we can't defend, we can't get saves and we should still find a way to cheer? What the f*** are we supposed to be excited about?
so you prefer a team missing the playoff next 15 year?!?!?! For you it will be better
not its the fans fault again...:facepalm:.. heaven forbid we have expectations on the group that takes up half the cap, and, how much louder and into it do you need? Last game the crowd was about as loud as it gets in Toronto and the boys layed down and curled up like a shamed dog. Yea lets cheer that on. You sound like Keefe and Rielly....yea we played pretty good and tried our hardest....like wtaf?

How do you thing Marner and his teammate/friend was feeling when they came back from Boston after tying serie 1-1 and outplayed Boston on both game?

Came back in his family and read/heard all the bullshit against him... Do you think he really want to go back on the ice fast or just leaving in south where he will hear absolutly nothing? And if you're not happy at your job and you dont have fun, sorry but you will never be as productive than someone who have fun and wqnt to be there.

I dont say its the reason why they lost but thats certainly doesn't help anyone in this locker room to see one of his leader in front page for negative thing in a 1-1 serie. When an advatange becoming an handicap...

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You can cheer for the team and still want change.

When the season is over, I'll revisit what I want next for the team, but no matter how unlikely it is, the cup will still be what I am cheering for, I find it silly to cheer against your team and don't think those are fans.

That's just me though.
Some could argue that cheering for this cast. Is cheering against whats best for the team.

I would not go so far that i think i decide who are real fan or not. Fans cope with pain in different ways. It do not make them less fans.

Expecting this cast as is to bring home the stanley, is just not realistic at all. Do i want a deeper run or change? I think i go with change if there aint a stanley in the end.

Deep inside i always want them to win. But not to the cost of no change no stanley and keeping Keefe.

Torn..

But i would never boo the team. I would cheer them on even if they suck.

Reactions: CelticDruid

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
so you prefer a team missing the playoff next 15 year?!?!?! For you it will be better

How do you thing Marner and his teammate/friend was feeling when they came back from Boston after tying serie 1-1 and outplayed Boston on both game?

Came back in his family and read/heard all the bullshit against him... Do you think he really want to go back on the ice fast or just leaving in south where he will hear absolutly nothing? And if you're not happy at your job and you dont have fun, sorry but you will never be as productive than someone who have fun and wqnt to be there.

I dont say its the reason why they lost but thats certainly doesn't help anyone in this locker room to see one of his leader in front page for negative thing in a 1-1 serie. When an advatange becoming an handicap...

Life is tough.

Money and fame, being catered to your every whim through one form or another is incredible.

He ain't ten years old!!!

• Love
Reactions: mikeyz

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Honour, pride, courage. Those are the 3 things sewn into each leaf jersey. This version of the leafs does not show these, blown it up.

• Haha
Reactions: The Masters

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Honour, pride, courage. Those are the 3 things sewn into each leaf jersey. This version of the leads does not show these, blown it up.
the politician's creation
\
e44a1980-f688-11ed-b5e7-55902baa019c

Last edited:
Reactions: HolyCrap

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Mo has sucked since he signed. But he's never been able to shoot and get it through, to the point that others don't see him as a threat in the pt.

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Can't we just blame Shanahan like the Dubites did ?
That’s what I’m doing, until Tre comes out and says it was all me, a man’s got to cling to some hope in this world. Having said that if it was all Tre, he should be shown the door too imo……

Reactions: egd27

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If Mitch Marner is unwilling to sign a team friendly deal or provide a list of teams he would be willing to be traded to (the only way I see us getting nothing in return) then I am even more convinced that the Leafs need to trade him. The team doesn't need that kind of presence in the room, it would be addition by subtraction.
he has a NTC. He can simply say "no". That being said Utah would be a great fresh start for Mitchy.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Hope he’s feeling like waiving his no move.

Action Jackson

Jul 5, 2010
So i'm hearing on the radio Matthews is unlikely to play....

Can it get any worse for this team... 3 games for Willy... now 2 games for Auston... Marner being typical post-season marner

What a shitshow (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad