The Advanced Stats Thread Episode VII: An Ode to the Sanity of Silverfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Many detractors have said "sure, team corsi matters but individual corsi is garbage" and I'm starting to wonder if it isn't the opposite.

In 2015, 2017, and 2018, we saw meh possession teams employing some truly horrendous players suddenly win the Cup when their stars are playing half the game.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Many detractors have said "sure, team corsi matters but individual corsi is garbage" and I'm starting to wonder if it isn't the opposite.

In 2015, 2017, and 2018, we saw meh possession teams employing some truly horrendous players suddenly win the Cup when their stars are playing half the game.
Thanks Rinne

Reactions: Machinehead

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I'll try to dive into it later, but if anyone knows, how is "skating" being quantified and ranked here?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Hoffman is really great, and I almost never take off-ice crap into account, but you almost have to there.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think by “off ice crap” he meant a teenager missing curfew, ADA, or Duclair’s issues. Not wife beater, but I don’t speak for the man.

Perhaps. But he's also the guy who dismisses intangibles almost entirely, so not sure why bringing in a wife beater would be an issue. All that matters is you can play or you can't.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Perhaps. But he's also the guy who dismisses intangibles almost entirely, so not sure why bringing in a wife beater would be an issue. All that matters is you can play or you can't.
There's a certain line you don't cross. Your girlfriend bullying teammates crosses it.

As for Voynov, that would be more embarrassing for the organization than a problem in the room or on the ice.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
i wouldn't go near voynov but you know someone will give him a shot...what are his advanced stats from before he left the nhl and the comparable dmen?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
If Kravtsov was rated low here y'all would be like: "Oh this **** don't matter, anyway" and you know it.

Would you prefer Wahlstrom to be ranked 2nd and Kravtsov to be outside the top 50?

Who cares if people are wishy-washy concerning something you prescribe to with dedication; something that you prescribe to with dedication is saying that Kravtsov outscored all but the generational guy last year.

Just enjoy it.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Would you prefer Wahlstrom to be ranked 2nd and Kravtsov to be outside the top 50?

Who cares if people are wishy-washy concerning something you prescribe to with dedication; something that you prescribe to with dedication is saying that Kravtsov outscored all but the generational guy last year.

Just enjoy it.
Oh I'm ecstatic. But the constant hypocrisy on a daily basis regarding "advanced" methodologies on here is crap.

Stop using them only when it suits your narrative and completely disregarding them when it doesn't :dunno:

e: Not saying you personally do this, but it's rampant on the forum as a whole.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Oh I'm ecstatic. But the constant hypocrisy on a daily basis regarding "advanced" methodologies on here is crap.

Stop using them only when it suits your narrative and completely disregarding them when it doesn't :dunno:

e: Not saying you personally do this, but it's rampant on the forum as a whole.

Yeah, I hear ya.

I misunderstood your intention. I was expecting you to cross the aisle a little and try to find an argument for why that stat wasn't an indication of excellent draft strategy; was being preemptive.

In retrospect, you're one of the last posters that I should of expected to do that. Worst case, you'd say, "Gorton fluked into getting one right." haha.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad