The Adam Larsson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I don't know how similar the situations were, but I'd like to compare this to Seguin in BOS. Look at him in DAL, sometimes you need a restart button. Hopefully he can find it here in NJ instead of having to leave, but the principle stands.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Hate to speculate on that...but there seems to be some indication of that...

I mean when you hear that the Devils don't want him living in Hoboken, bells and whistles are going off in my head.

Interesting. Pretty surprising since if he has the ability to call a cab he could get there pretty easily from wherever he lives.

I will say, I have seen a lot of Devils out over the years in Hoboken and have never run into Larsson

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't know how similar the situations were, but I'd like to compare this to Seguin in BOS. Look at him in DAL, sometimes you need a restart button. Hopefully he can find it here in NJ instead of having to leave, but the principle stands.

Hmm they're somewhat similar, but not really. Boston has Krejci and Bergeron as their #1 and #2 centers, forcing Seguin playing in his wrong position at Wing. Being that both are still young there was always going to be a problem with at least one very good talent not playing in his position, or forced to the 3rd line. Moving Seguin just made sense.

But I do agree on that principle. I think a change of scenery would do Larsson good, and would probably benefit us as well because it seems he's not in their immediate, and possibly future, plans anyways.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The difference in attitude speaks for itself

Adam Larsson:
“I don’t really want a reason,” Larsson said. “All that matters for me is if I’m in or I’m out. That’s the only thing I know right now.."

“It all depends on how the team plays,” he said. “It’s up to the coaches.”

Jacob Josefson:
“When you don’t have your contract, you always go through your options, but I felt at that time I wasn’t done over here,” “I have some more to prove for myself and a lot of people around me too, I guess. So, when they wanted me back, I felt like I had to come back.”

Josefson knew coming into training camp that he’d face a tough roster situation again, though, with the team stacked with forwards under contract.

“I came into camp with the mindset to grab a spot in the starting lineup,” he said. “I didn’t, obviously, do it, but it’s a really good group of guys with a lot of depth. I knew it was going to be tough, but the only thing I can do is try to make it tough for the coaches not to play me.”

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
The difference in attitude speaks for itself

Adam Larsson:

Jacob Josefson:

One signed a contract after being assured by management that he would be a part of the team this season. The other came into camp knowing there was a lot of competition.

Your overlooking of that fact speaks for itself.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
One signed a contract after being assured by management that he would be a part of the team this season. The other came into camp knowing there was a lot of competition.

Your overlooking of that fact speaks for itself.

Both signed new contracts coming off a season where they were fighting to get in the lineup and played 26 and 27 games respectively. That's not overlooking anything.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Both signed new contracts coming off a season where they were fighting to get in the lineup and played 26 and 27 games respectively. That's not overlooking anything.

According to his agent Larsson was given assurance from management that he would be a part of the team this year. In addition to having the log jam on defense cleared this off season, while creating a log jam on offense for camp. Setting their individual expectations for their season on a different level. Definitely overlooking something there.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
How is he supposed to earn it when he plays 12 minutes a night and then gets yanked out? Was he supposed to score a hat trick the other day?

Put down the Louaid

People assured me he just hade to play an ok game with no major hiccups.

Guess 5-6 goals was the bar mr DeBoer set.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
According to his agent Larsson was given assurance from management that he would be a part of the team this year. In addition to having the log jam on defense cleared this off season, while creating a log jam on offense for camp. Setting their individual expectations for their season on a different level. Definitely overlooking something there.

He is a part of a 23man roster. :sarcasm: /Lou Deboer

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

THen Severson came to camp and beat him out for a spot. Pete was honest that none of the kids were guaranteed spots at the beginning of camp.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
THen Severson came to camp and beat him out for a spot. Pete was honest that none of the kids were guaranteed spots at the beginning of camp.

Well Pete also said "So, if you're good enough to earn a job and you beat someone out, (Lamoriello will) find a way to make room" and that clearly ain't the case (Salvador).

Regardless of what happened at camp, what I'm saying here is presenting their quotes after being scratched in a vacuum as a way to reflect poorly on Larsson's attitude, without taking into account expectations, is dishonest.

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
At this point I hope he gets traded, for his own sake. This is so ****ing ridiculous, the guy plays 12 minutes and that's a good enough sample to say he deserves to sit again.

I have to agree with you at this point.

There's more to this story than any of us know. I sincerly hope that Lou finds it in his heart to clean up this friggin' mess & grow a set & finally make a trade. Its not fair to any of these players who just want a fair shot at playing.

Package up Larsson, JJ & either Hrabarenka or Burlon (you know, another player who will never time on the NJ Devs squad) & get a decent (20 something aged) forward who wants out of where he currently is in the NHL right now & a 2nd or 3rd round pick for 2015.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Well Pete also said "So, if you're good enough to earn a job and you beat someone out, (Lamoriello will) find a way to make room" and that clearly ain't the case (Salvador).

Regardless of what happened at camp, what I'm saying here is presenting their quotes after being scratched in a vacuum as a way to reflect poorly on Larsson's attitude, without taking into account expectations, is dishonest.

Those were Lar's quotes from game 1, and it was stark contrast of what Brunner said the same day and what JJ said today. It doesn't look good either way.

GhostofKenKlee

Zidlicky's give-away against the Rangers should have been his ticket the press-box. What do they expect Larsson to do? He played 12 minutes and made one-mistake that DIDNT end up in the net. Zidlicky's gaff did.

De Beor plays favorites. I don't like that in a coach.

So, no coaches play favorites? Let's not pretend he's the only to do it. The perception that he's keeping Adam is comical.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I thought Larsson had a solid game against Rangers. No glaring mistakes which is what I would take at the moment as opposed to Gelinas and his giveaways and bad positioning against San Jose.

Given the power play worked so well against the Rangers (I thought Brunner did a good job on the point), I really dont see the need to bring Gelinas back into the lineup.

If Larsson cant establish himself as a regular by midseason, a trade needs to be done. Or if the team is failing come midseason, DeBoer needs to go.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown

Seguin was a full time player with a resume.

I thought Larsson had a solid game against Rangers. No glaring mistakes which is what I would take at the moment as opposed to Gelinas and his giveaways and bad positioning against San Jose.

Given the power play worked so well against the Rangers (I thought Brunner did a good job on the point), I really dont see the need to bring Gelinas back into the lineup.

If Larsson cant establish himself as a regular by midseason, a trade needs to be done. Or if the team is failing come midseason, DeBoer needs to go.

Nash out-muscled him for the puck mid-way through the 3rd period. Larsson was too methodical and too weak. Aside from that, he was fine.

Zidlicky and Salvador have been bad but at least Marek has offensive ability. Salvador has to be waived. If not to make room for Larsson then to make room for Hagelson.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

Nor does or has this franchise EVER assured somebody, a young player no less, that they would be given a spot - it's like we just started following this team last week

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Zidlicky's give-away against the Rangers should have been his ticket the press-box. What do they expect Larsson to do? He played 12 minutes and made one-mistake that DIDNT end up in the net. Zidlicky's gaff did.

I don't even blame that as much on Zidlicky as I did that night after seeing it again, sure it was a bad play to throw it out front but Zajac WAS right there, it just got by him somehow.

It's funny even some of the guys who are Larsson's detractors by now think the treatment of him is too weird and there has to be something else going on.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

Zidlicky and Salvador can **** up on a nightly basis but one turnover sends Larsson back to the player suits. Why some people don't see a massive problem in that, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad