The Adam Larsson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL Fanatik*

Just throwing this out there, but apparently Larsson asked for a trade.

Just the word from the vineyard.

As for the game, can't be happier with 11 goals in two games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wouldn't trade Larsson unless it gets closer to the deadline and he still isn't playing. No reason to cash out 'this' early and he's probably worth more to us as depth for the first few months than in any trade.

NHL Fanatik*

I wouldn't trade Larsson unless it gets closer to the deadline and he still isn't playing. No reason to cash out 'this' early and he's probably worth more to us as depth for the first few months than in any trade.

Agreed, but if Severson proves to be the real deal and not just a flash of stardom; than I don't see how you can't. Get a nice prospect/young forward out of him, maybe a prospect in his same situation.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Agreed, but if Severson proves to be the real deal and not just a flash of stardom; than I don't see how you can't. Get a nice prospect/young forward out of him, maybe a prospect in his same situation.

That's fine, but let Larsson sit tight in the meantime and he'll probably get 'some' chances at least. He really can't complain about sitting if the team's winning. Dano had a pretty good perspective on the situation during the game and Steve acknowledged Larsson was playing well when he got hurt last year.

NHL Fanatik*

Which vinery did this come from? Hockeybuzz Valley?

Through Family and family friend's who have their little connections with Prudential and the Devils

So technically no source, but it wouldn't be the first time we heard about a trade or move early. Not often by any means, but the occasional leak or two.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Through Family and family friend's who have their little connections with Prudential and the Devils

So technically no source, but it wouldn't be the first time we heard about a trade or move early. Not often by any means, but the occasional leak or two.
Larsson asking for a trade doesn't mean he'll be traded. Scott Stevens asked for a trade once too, remember.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Severson keeps his play at or near this level i have no idea what to do with Larrson, whom i dont want to trade and want in the future of the Devils.

I'm not really that worried about it. Even if Larsson doesn't pan out, it looks like we've still got three pretty good kids in Merrill, Gelinas, and Severson. Plus we've got Santini, and maybe more if Helgeson or Jacobs can become NHL regulars in the future. It would suck for a top 5 pick to not work out for us, but at least we have other players there. It would be a different situation if Larsson was our only top defensive prospect.

NHL Fanatik*

Larsson asking for a trade doesn't mean he'll be traded. Scott Stevens asked for a trade once too, remember.

This is true!

Hopefully he can pan out to be a Steven's clone :sarcasm:

If Severson pans out it really leaves us looking pretty.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Obviously he or his agent is going to ask to be moved whether it happened already or in the near future. Pete doesn't want him, but doesn't mean Lou trades him.

goawaygary*

Our defense going forward is going to be fine with guys like Santini and Jacobs waiting in the wings. Severson and Merrill are the cornerstones and hopefully Gelinas comes around defensively (and certainly he showed what he can do offensively tonight)

if Larsson doesn't want to be here, I gotta be honest I'm not going to shed a tear getting rid of him. The skating is just not there and he hasn't shown much offensively

I mean MAYBE if Gelinas has some piss poor games Larsson will get in there...but if not who are you sitting for him? Salvador? Sure you could but Salvador is Pete's boy, he's not getting in the lineup

Barring major injury (god forbid) our D is pretty much set. Larsson is not breaking into the rotation anytime soon.

His skating is just not good enough. He hasn't improved enough.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So that's that.

I mean were are getting close to that point. When it is at the point of being a topic on Hockey Night's hot stove segment his agent is obviously stoking the fire. It is sending a warning shot to the Devils that if things don't change a request will be made.

Also in the report was that he turned down several KHL offers. So it is coming from the agent. Things are bad.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
What report?

It was discusses on Hockey night's hot stove segment. Damien Cox reported that Larsson's camp is mad about being a healthy scratch the last two games. That he turned down several KHL offers to re-sign with the Devils. "That he has NOT asked for a trade....yet"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It was discusses on Hockey night's hot stove segment. Damien Cox reported that Larsson's camp is mad about being a healthy scratch the last two games. That he turned down several KHL offers to re-sign with the Devils. "That he has NOT asked for a trade....yet"

That's the first I've heard about the KHL thing. They'd probably offer him more money than Sweden but I don't know how a 21-year old kid who doesn't speak Russian would get along in that environment.

goawaygary*

At this point I agree :laugh:

We went through a lot of trouble to get Larsson too :sarcasm:

I'm really wishing it was Strome now.

Tough to gauge what Larsson's value is around the league. I wouldn't mind accepting a similar sort of young disillusioned defensive project in return and hoping he'd turn it around here.

goawaygary*

That's the first I've heard about the KHL thing. They'd probably offer him more money than Sweden but I don't know how a 21-year old kid who doesn't speak Russian would get along in that environment.

The KHL is still very much a "wild west" type environment. Travel is unsafe. Russia in general is unsafe. A 21 year old who grew up in quiet, peaceful milquetoast Sweden may not enjoy it very much

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I can't wait for this whole overblown situation to be a thing of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad