The Adam Larsson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
This very thread.

Jim maybe you misunderstood?

"Figured I'd pass on some interesting info. A friend of mine met Larsson and Josefson at a bar in Hoboken this past week. Both said Deboer just doesn't like them and is the reason they don't play". ...

maybe you got confused with that guy who posted in the Larsson thread?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
This very thread.

Isn't Hoboken where all the swedes stayed when we had a bunch? If I remember correctly it was Moose, JJ, Teddy, and Lars all in the same building.

Regardless this stinks off ice issues which we will probably never hear confirmation of at this point, if this stipulation that he can't live in Hoboken is true, as ridiculous as that sounds.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Yeah with Severson, Merrill, and Gelinas, I don't think the "this team hates youth" card is playable.

The people who see Larsson each day don't think he should play every game. They also apparently won't let him live in Hoboken. So it makes me wonder if there are some maturity issues.

Regardless, there are factors at play that the people on this message board aren't privy to.

I don't know what to think. Wish sources were available.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Jim maybe you misunderstood?

"Figured I'd pass on some interesting info. A friend of mine met Larsson and Josefson at a bar in Hoboken this past week. Both said Deboer just doesn't like them and is the reason they don't play". ...

maybe you got confused with that guy who posted in the Larsson thread?

If you remember that Tedenby on his way out basically said it was a play style conflict. I don't think that DeBoer personally dislikes the Swedes but their play style is antithetical to his system. So in turn, they never see the ice.

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/2014/06/11/tedenby-bolts-khl-draft-bust-mishandled-property/

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Isn't Hoboken where all the swedes stayed when we had a bunch? If I remember correctly it was Moose, JJ, Teddy, and Lars all in the same building.

Regardless this stinks off ice issues which we will probably never hear confirmation of at this point, if this stipulation that he can't live in Hoboken is true, as ridiculous as that sounds.

That was Jersey City.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
If you remember that Tedenby on his way out basically said it was a play style conflict. I don't think that DeBoer personally dislikes the Swedes but their play style is antithetical to his system. So in turn, they never see the ice.

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/2014/06/11/tedenby-bolts-khl-draft-bust-mishandled-property/

From that article I read a interesting comment. Had no idea Deboer won the memorial cup. That's a tough tournament to win.

"I disagree with the Debeor assessment.....I'm from Kitchener Ontario where Debeor coached the rangers to a memorial cup. He was an award winning coach in the OHL and turned the rangers franchise into contenders. People say he's not good with young players.....but his junior hockey coaching career says different.he also guided the devils to a cup run....his time in Florida? Florida sucks....regardless of who's coaching. New Jersey just lost parise and kovalchuk also clarkson who credits Debeor for becoming the player he became. With Debeor clarky became a 30 goal nhler (before his ill-fated signing with the Toronto career killers)"

Although this was written in 2013 a year ago.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Some young players on that team are now NHL players.

Nazem Kadri, Mikkel Boedker, Nick Spaling, Steve Mason, Robert Bortuzzo, Yannick Weber.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Tedenby saying Lemaire liked him, inferring Deboer didn't/doesn't, kinda fits in with what someone posted about JJ and Larsson saying Deboer doesn't like them. Maybe Deboer is a Swedehater lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
DeBoer liked Hedberg just fine, it's not a Swede issue per se. Like someone else said their style of play just doesn't mesh with Pete's system.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Tedenby saying Lemaire liked him, inferring Deboer didn't/doesn't, kinda fits in with what someone posted about JJ and Larsson saying Deboer doesn't like them. Maybe Deboer is a Swedehater lol

I think DeBoer probably doesn't like the way they play. Swedish hockey is a lot more free flowing and creative. Pete wants low risk, board predicated puck possession. We're dealing with a cultural impasse.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
At this point I almost hope the Devils go on a long losing streak. Something has to happen to get this ******** coach fired. I just worry the new softy Lou has so much emotionally invested in PDB that nothing will happen until we've missed the playoffs four years in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
DeBoer liked Hedberg just fine, it's not a Swede issue per se. Like someone else said their style of play just doesn't mesh with Pete's system.

DeBoer would do backflips to coach Landeskog...

Larsson aside, lets face it the recent Swedes have been down right terrible.

Let not try and make this something it is not, the failures of Tedenby, Bergfors, Josefeson and Urbom span over 4 coaches...Urbom and Bergfors over two organizations.

They all are NOT NHL players...Nothing at all to do with DeBoer's style of play...They just aren't good(I'll hold judgement on Josefson)

So lets kill the false narrative before it begins.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
At this point I almost hope the Devils go on a long losing streak. Something has to happen to get this sh!+head coach fired. I just worry the new softy Lou has so much emotionally invested in PDB that nothing will happen until we've missed the playoffs four years in a row.

we're on a 3 game losing streak lol

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Don't think there are any Swedes in the OHL to ruin.

One starts to wonder if there was a poisoned locker room that came from the Swedish contingent due to Deboer blundering. The Devils have gotten rid of practically all of them since the Cup run. All have been benched by Deboer since then.

Hedberg bought out. Tallinder shipped out. Tedenby dumped in the AHL and then off to KHL. Josefson relegated to the press box while the likes of Bernier and Gionta play. Larsson sent down to the AHL and now a shadow of his former rookie self and press boxed.

Is this because all of the Swedes suck? or is it possible that Deboer doesn't like them? How do you explain them all getting ****listed?

At this point I almost hope the Devils go on a long losing streak. Something has to happen to get this sh!+head coach fired. I just worry the new softy Lou has so much emotionally invested in PDB that nothing will happen until we've missed the playoffs four years in a row.

I think they will lose either way, no need to hope for it. They are looking worse and worse as the season goes on.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I don't want to dig out the timelines, but I'm guessing something happened when his Grandmother passed. That seemed to be a shifting point.

Personally, I think that hockey players are ill prepared for the real-world, especially guys in SEL who play in a different culture in their teens. Remember Crosby living with Mario when he broke into the NHL? All under-21 or so guys should do something similar. I think even JR guys who billet may be more prepared...

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I don't want to dig out the timelines, but I'm guessing something happened when his Grandmother passed. That seemed to be a shifting point.

Personally, I think that hockey players are ill prepared for the real-world, especially guys in SEL who play in a different culture in their teens. Remember Crosby living with Mario when he broke into the NHL? All under-21 or so guys should do something similar. I think even JR guys who billet may be more prepared...

Idle hands are the devils' playground. Kid gets benched and detached from team. He may have picked up some bad habits.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
Well we got proff now that it is all Larssons fault that he sucks and dont play on the New Jersey Devils. Hey you got your 12min chance. Sat every third shift. AND YOU DIDNT SCORE. So you are DeBENCHED for now on.

I told you all Deboer hates him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Don't think there are any Swedes in the OHL to ruin.

One starts to wonder if there was a poisoned locker room that came from the Swedish contingent due to Deboer blundering. The Devils have gotten rid of practically all of them since the Cup run. All have been benched by Deboer since then.

Hedberg bought out. Tallinder shipped out. Tedenby dumped in the AHL and then off to KHL. Josefson relegated to the press box while the likes of Bernier and Gionta play. Larsson sent down to the AHL and now a shadow of his former rookie self and press boxed.

Is this because all of the Swedes suck? or is it possible that Deboer doesn't like them? How do you explain them all getting ****listed?

I think they will lose either way, no need to hope for it. They are looking worse and worse as the season goes on.

You realize I can play the same game with any country of origin right?

Stop this. It is ridiculous and without merit. Did Bergfors fail in Atalanta because of Deboer? Was Urbom released from Washington because of DeBeor? Did Lemaire scratch Tedenby over and over because of Deboer?

Just stop it!

Besides sounding ridiculous it is almost offensive that you are attacking the coach character for being some kind of ethnocentric ogre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad