The Adam Larsson Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
First off, no one says it's all about possession. Second, quality of competition, at least in terms of the stat, is widely known to mean very little. Third, I don't know where you're getting "leads the team in relCorsi" but I'm willing to bet it was after...1? Maybe 2 games?

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Larsson is very good, and the stats back it up. Stats only back up Peter Harrold if you cherry pick the meaningless ones and lie about the others. :laugh:

If I'm reading this right, Larsson has a better CA60 rating right now than Chara. Just a little food for thought.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I kind of agree with you(not totally though)...and it is partially why I keep bring up the stats...

Hey did you know.. NOT ONLY has Harrold NOT committed any turnovers this season, He NOT ONLY leads the team in relCorsi, but he ALSO leads the team in Quality of Competition

So if we want to play the small sample possession nonsense, Currently Peter Freaking Harrold is the Devils BEST defenseman... It is all about possession, right?

See, this is why no one takes real time stats seriously. This does not pass the eye test, or the memory test, or the common sense test, or the watch literally any video of him on Youtube test.

And as mentioned before, giveaways are a function of consistently having the puck on your stick, not a function of sucking. I mean, Damon "The Anointed One" Severson is 14th in the LEAGUE in giveaways but I don't see you bringing that up anywhere.

Last edited:

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Our young defensemen: Helgeson, Gelinas, Merrill, Larsson and Severson. Larsson is the second youngest of all of them. That really puts into perspective not only how young that he is but how we really can't judge Larsson yet. Just food for thought.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
When is Larsson coming back? Mars?

“We have no practice time other than the morning skate and the optional (Thursday) and he hadn’t had any battles or competition,†Lamoriello said today. “He and I were speaking yesterday that our minor league team is in Wilkes-Barre and I asked him if he wanted to go down and play a game just to get into that and he said, ‘Absolutely.’ So, he drove down to play tonight and will be coming back.â€

Lamoriello said then "it will be a coach’s decision†whether Larsson plays Saturday against the Capitals.

“But, at least he’s got a game in him playing the way a game is,†Lamoriello said.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Larsson will be back tomorrow

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice · 4h 4 hours ago
Adam Larsson's conditioning assignment to Albany wil be just for tonight's game vs. WB/Scranton. Coming back tomorrow.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You would THINK Larsson's going to play tonight given they only let him stay down for a game.

GhostofKenKlee

I love the rampart speculation about Larrson. I mean what would this place be without it.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
I kind of agree with you(not totally though)...and it is partially why I keep bring up the stats...

Hey did you know.. NOT ONLY has Harrold NOT committed any turnovers this season, He NOT ONLY leads the team in relCorsi, but he ALSO leads the team in Quality of Competition

So if we want to play the small sample possession nonsense, Currently Peter Freaking Harrold is the Devils BEST defenseman... It is all about possession, right?

See, this is why no one takes real time stats seriously. This does not pass the eye test, or the memory test, or the common sense test, or the watch literally any video of him on Youtube test.

And as mentioned before, giveaways are a function of consistently having the puck on your stick, not a function of sucking. I mean, Damon "The Anointed One" Severson is 14th in the LEAGUE in giveaways but I don't see you bringing that up anywhere.

Exactly, plus I'm pretty sure Harrold does have quite a few turnovers. These real time stats are so subjective, they based on a myriad of variables such as if a stat-keeper is eating a hotdog at the time or blinks.

Over a full season the errors tend to smooth out but you still have particular home team stat keeper bias with either inflation or deflation.

Until AI is coded to figure all these stats out objectively they are just as useful/useless as all the other stats. In the end it just boils down to having more goals than the other team.

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010
Seems kinda weird to pull up Larsson for the game today, yet not have him play

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they're trying to win there's 0 reason to have Harrold in for Larsson this game.

Harrold played 20+, Gelinas 14 minutes and Hegelson 10 last night. Even if Larsson played it wouldn't have been for Harrold.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Absolutely mystifying that Larsson was a healthy scratch tonight. Just a completely stupid, clueless, inept move. You can't keep flip flopping this player in and out of the line-up if you want him to reach his ****ing potential. There's a lot invested in Adam, and its disgusting to see how he has been developed in this organization. If he doesn't pan out, A LOT of the blame is going to go to this coach and the way he was handled since day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad