Prospect Info: The Abnormal 2021 Draft Thread

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
All I know is I don't really care about this years draft, I want Wright in 2022 along with a Stanley Cup. Make it happen Holland!

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
They got Max Savoie skating for them as well.
Is Max a nickname for Matthew?

Over in Sweden, goaltender Jesper Wallstedt is suspected to have a concussion. Really unfortunate given the start he was having to the season. But hey, if it means he drops to 31st where we'll be picking, I'm all for it. :sarcasm:

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Over in Sweden, goaltender Jesper Wallstedt is suspected to have a concussion. Really unfortunate given the start he was having to the season. But hey, if it means he drops to 31st where we'll be picking, I'm all for it. :sarcasm:

So we lose in the Finals this year?

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Nope, still 31 picks in the 1st round next year. Seattle would make it 32 but Arizona has forfeited their 2021 1st.

(I had forgotten about Seattle, but the Arizona scandal conveniently saved me. :))

If you want to get technical pick 32 will still go to the Stanley Cup winner, and 31 to the runner up. The Arizona pick will just show up as Void. So the 31st player would be picked at 32 but there would still be 32 draft slots assigned to the 1st Round.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Not the first time I've called him that either lol.

Top prospect going to play overseas.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The top-end of this draft is even more defensemen-heavy than 2018. From the little I've seen at this point, I'd have 5 defensemen in my top-6: Owen Power, Brandt Clarke, Carson Lambos, Luke Hughes, and Simon Edvinsson (in no particular order) with Kent Johnson as the lone forward.

Then you get a bunch of high-end forwards in the 5-15 range in Guenther, Raty, Sillinger, Lucius, Lysell, L’Heureux, and Beniers.

Overall it seems like a very deep draft class that is lacking a surefire 1st overall talent.

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Btw, on HP's early 2021 list they have Brandt Clarke #15, Lysell #20, Eklund #22 and Wallstedt #28. Some potential Oilers targets.

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
Raty at 6? I thought he was projected to be a consensus 1st overall

Räty had a promising preseason but for some reason he's got to play just three games with very limited ice-time (just over 10 minutes per game). I don't like the way my FEL team has handled him so far, but then again Räty hasn't been at his best either. He's got a lot of potential so hopefully things will change soon enough.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'm not gonna pretend I know much about Räty but apparently he hasn't even scored a point in Liiga since he turned 17 almost a year ago, and his production in juniors actually regressed (and quite significantly in terms of number of goals scored) last year. Just based off of that it would seem he has stagnated as a prospect, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him drop quite a lot in rankings. This draft is too deep for players to maintain their stock if they're not performing at a high level.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Who do you guys have as #1 right now? I haven't seen everyone but I think it's gotta be Owen Power or Carson Lambos for me at the moment.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Oilers should be looking to move Tullio (I think this is the Oilers only OHL prospect) to a different league for the year. Such an incredibly pointless and stupid decision that has repercussions far beyond what the idiot running this ministry is likely to understand.

Reactions: oilers'72

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
All I know is I don't really care about this years draft, I want Wright in 2022 along with a Stanley Cup. Make it happen Holland!

f*** wright.

Hope Savoie drops and we pick him. A legit Edmonton Alberta boy ,

injured after 20 or so games just as he was really starting to come into his own and would have had a much better second half in his 15/16 year old WHL season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad