Prospect Info: The Abnormal 2021 Draft Thread

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Cosentino says he kind of sees it difficult for a goalie to go in the top 10, just because it hasn’t happened since Price. But also thinks as soon as one goes, the other will be right behind.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I’m not sure forwards left in our range are going to be tantalizing. Almost in trade up territory.

woinf

May 25, 2021
Edmonton
I like the two Russians, Svechkov and Chibrikov. I prefer Cossa, Sillinger, Lysell, and Coronato but it sounds like they'll all be gone by our pick.

Reactions: Pointteen

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I don't like this talk that LA is planning for a goalie.........sigh

Does anyone know anything about the others goalies outside of the top 2 in the later rounds?

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Pinelli is really growing on me after doing some research. He strikes me as someone who could have gone a lot higher if he had a full season in the OHL coming into the draft.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I want to believe that with multiple teams in front of us with two picks, we could be able to swing a deal to move up from 19 and secure a ‘tender.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
What's all this talk about picking goalies in the first round? How often does a goalie pan out after being picked in the first round. Last time we did this was when we picked Dubnyk.

I also recalled this board fuming when we did not pick Blackwood a few years back in the first round. On the other hand Vasilevsky has been one of the best goalies picked in the past decade in the first round (19th overall). It is a hit and miss. Look how long it took until Ilya Samsonov actually played a legit NHL game after being picked in the first round (2015).

If we pick a goalie, that goalie will never get a chance to be the starting goalie during the McDavid era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad