NFL: The Aaron Rodgers Experience

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is all just a silly dance of both Rodgers and the Packers wanting to make it seem like the other is more responsible for this breakup.
I think it’s more of a dance about the arduous lengths he’s going to to make sure no one breaks it before it’s time, and all the insiders being all pissy about being made the bad guys. But until there’s a trade, there isn’t one.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
As I stated earlier in the thread, If I am the Packers, I would want the trade to happen after June 1st. The cap implications are huge for it to happen before June 1st. I know teams can designate a released player as a June 1st cut. Not sure if that can be done with a trade.

I'm sure the Jets want him ASAP. And I am sure that is the sticking point. Packers are probably saying if the Jets want that then they want the 13th overall pick. And the Jets are saying no.

Pre-June 1st trade cap dead money:
2023: 40.3
2024: 24.5
2025: 16.3
2026: 8.1

Ppost-June 1st trade cap dead money:
2023: 15.8
2024: 8.1
2025: 8.1

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
As I stated earlier in the thread, If I am the Packers, I would want the trade to happen after June 1st. The cap implications are huge for it to happen before June 1st. I know teams can designate a released player as a June 1st cut. Not sure if that can be done with a trade.

I'm sure the Jets want him ASAP. And I am sure that is the sticking point. Packers are probably saying if the Jets want that then they want the 13th overall pick. And the Jets are saying no.

Do the Jets care when they get him? It's not like Rodgers cares about joining the off-season programs at this point. Getting Rodgers now doesn't mean you get a guy eager to be in the building working with his new team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Packers will be rebuilding anyway, I think getting the draft compensation earlier is more important.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I think it’s more of a dance about the arduous lengths he’s going to to make sure no one breaks it before it’s time, and all the insiders being all pissy about being made the bad guys. But until there’s a trade, there isn’t one.
Deals get done all the time even block busters without all the drama.. it's Aaron's MO

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Deals get done all the time even block busters without all the drama.. it's Aaron's MO
But the drama seems to be in the information being put out. Sure he has his own version and the way he wants to present it (or more accurately, not let others do it), but the process he’s taken in doing it isn’t different than mostly anyone else who needs a trade facilitated. There’s just a whole mess of information exacerbated given the personality involved.

The hang up here is the trade not being done. He’s not crying and pouting about it, at least not yet, because he knows it’s business that needs to be done. And until then he can only communicate to the Jets in the manner that’s been allowed, which to we know, are other guys he wants to work with, which isn’t any different than any other QB of his ilk, because his familiarity with some of those guys (he’s never played with Beckham) he thinks gives them the best chance to win, especially given he does not yet have a rapport with the Jets actual top receivers.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
But the drama seems to be in the information being put out. Sure he has his own version and the way he wants to present it (or more accurately, not let others do it), but the process he’s taken in doing it isn’t different than mostly anyone else who needs a trade facilitated. There’s just a whole mess of information exacerbated given the personality involved.

The hang up here is the trade not being done. He’s not crying and pouting about it, at least not yet, because he knows it’s business that needs to be done. And until then he can only communicate to the Jets in the manner that’s been allowed, which to we know, are other guys he wants to work with, which isn’t any different than any other QB of his ilk, because his familiarity with some of those guys (he’s never played with Beckham) he thinks gives them the best chance to win, especially given he does not yet have a rapport with the Jets actual top receivers.
Aaron Rodgers proved during the pandemic that he will lie to serve his own narrative.

He is lying again and being a total attention whore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Aaron Rodgers proved during the pandemic that he will lie to serve his own narrative.

He is lying again and being a total attention whore.
He’s lying about a trade not being done? He’s either traded or he isn’t.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

What you say is true , but Aaron needed time to think about the future..ok.. why tell the world I'm dropping acid and locking myself in a cave for a week. Like the media isn't going to run with that. Everything he says is either cryptic or vague like " my intention it to play for the jets: meaning that can change tomorrow ,or provided he gets what he wants ,or decides to retire .. but today my intentions are to be a jet.. everything said is provoking and he f***ing knows it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What you say is true , but Aaron needed time to think about the future..ok.. why tell the world I'm dropping acid and locking myself in a cave for a week. Like the media isn't going to run with that. Everything he says is either cryptic or vague like " my intention it to play for the jets: meaning that can change tomorrow ,or provided he gets what he wants ,or decides to retire .. but today my intentions are to be a jet.. everything said is provoking and he f***ing knows it.
He’s allowed to do what he’s allowed to do and disclose that. He had already exposed them because they couldn’t even get right when he was going into the darkness.

The Packers gave permission to one team to talk to him and he came back and said that, at the very least, that that one team was good enough for him. He could do what Derek Carr did and make them release him if they want to be done with him.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He’s allowed to do what he’s allowed to do and disclose that. He had already exposed them because they couldn’t even get right when he was going into the darkness.

The Packers gave permission to one team to talk to him and he came back and said that, at the very least, that that one team was good enough for him. He could do what Derek Carr did and make them release him if they want to be done with him.
Can they not just offer him a contract and say take it or retire.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He has a contract that likely has to be reworked, but yeah they could. But if he doesn’t retire and shows up to camp, then what
Then it' a problem because you don't want a player with his contract watching from the bench.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He is playing semantics about asking for players.
It’s what quarterbacks do. It’s a quarterback league. Quarterbacks hold great power for very specific reasons. Brady got Gronk and AB in Tampa. Manning got Emmanuel Sanders and Wes Welker. How often have we seen these legendary quarterbacks struggle when they move because it takes half the season to develop a rapport with their receivers and nail down all the nuances? It’s why you’ve started to see that addressed with young QB’s in the draft. Also why when you get a backup into games, they tend to elevate the reserve receivers they get the most reps with in practice.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
It’s what quarterbacks do. It’s a quarterback league. Quarterbacks hold great power for very specific reasons. Brady got Gronk and AB in Tampa. Manning got Emmanuel Sanders and Wes Welker. How often have we seen these legendary quarterbacks struggle when they move because it takes half the season to develop a rapport with their receivers and nail down all the nuances? It’s why you’ve started to see that addressed with young QB’s in the draft. Also why when you get a backup into games, they tend to elevate the reserve receivers they get the most reps with in practice.
OTAs and training camp help with that.. which seems optional for some. I get not playing preseason is a risk.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Best case scenario for me as a fan of a rival team.

Rodgers no longer wants to play for GB and they no longer want him. He's now putting everything on the team regarding the hold up and will likely be making this as messy as possible on the way out if he doesn't get his way soon. Whatever leverage GB may have had (probably not much) is just further being reduced as well.

Perfection.
Here's a key question, who's more pressured to make a deal? Green Bay because they dont want Rodgers and he wants to leave or the Jets because they basically have to trade for him now with all thats been said publicly, the Lazard move and the lack of QB options left? The trade should be interesting.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I have no problem with him being involved or asking to be involved in personnel decision. As you said, star QBs have that power.

What pisses me off with Rodgers is that he is full of shit. He makes fun of the report saying he asked for specific players and then... he confirms that they talked about players therefore confirming the report. He always does that shit. The attacker on Shefter was also weird. I get that journalists can be annoying, but the guy was clearly just doing his job trying to confirm story.

Aaron Rodgers is an insufferable prick and I hope he fails hard in New York.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have no problem with him being involved or asking to be involved in personnel decision. As you said, star QBs have that power.

What pisses me off with Rodgers is that he is full of shit. He makes fun of the report saying he asked for specific players and then... he confirms that they talked about players therefore confirming the report. He always does that shit. The attacker on Shefter was also weird. I get that journalists can be annoying, but the guy was clearly just doing his job trying to confirm story.

Because the report drops and everyone’s reaction is that he’s demanding these things. Maybe he is. Or more likely, the Jets asked him.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yeah, I checked out on giving a crap about what he says when he started the yearly cycle of:

1. lose in the playoffs
2. rework your deal to get a higher salary and stay the highest paid QB
3. complain you have no help

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad