Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Screenshot_20200210-212355_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
You can tell it is college hockey - I had a feeling BU was about to tie it. Northeastern did not do well in the final moments to clear the puck.

Is the player that scored the one who took one of the stupid 3rd period penalties? Seems he redeemed himself.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
One thing great about the Beanpot is a huge game like this is being played right at the peak of the season. Not in late April like the Frozen Four when the teams alive have had their season that started in September last way too long. And that’s a main aspect of the NHL playoffs of course but yeah.

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
There was absolutely zero need for that kid to try and pass it to the forward inside the blue line, what a hugely dumb play ! All he had to do was chip easily toward the BU end and the game is over. Wow !

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Kesselring just needed to shot the puck out and game was over. Why did he pass? Then he lost his position
in front on the goal. He's feeling the pressure. Madden shouldnt play him in the 5 OT.

I think he was trying to lift it out and misfired.

Reactions: Lo97

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Kesselring just needed to shot the puck out and game was over. Why did he pass? Then he lost his position
in front on the goal. He's feeling the pressure. Madden shouldnt play him in the 5 OT.
I don’t think it was a pass attempt. I think he was just totally blown up and couldn’t get anything behind the flip clear attempt. Northeastern as a whole is beyond gassed

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
I still don't understand why they do OT like this
NCAA games can end in a tie, in order for these games to count for their seasons they have to play out the 5 minute OT according to league rules.

The tournament obviously can't end in a tie soooo..on we go.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
NCAA games can end in a tie, in order for these games to count for their seasons they have to play out the 5 minute OT according to league rules.

The tournament obviously can't end in a tie soooo..on we go.
I guess that makes sense, but it's still weird :laugh:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
You can tell it is college hockey - I had a feeling BU was about to tie it. Northeastern did not do well in the final moments to clear the puck.

Is the player that scored the one who took one of the stupid 3rd period penalties? Seems he redeemed himself.
Looked to me like that northeastern player literally stopped the puck from clearing the zone

like if he didn’t try to play it it would’ve gotten out

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad