College Hockey The 68th Annual Beanpot Tournament - Northeastern Threepeat

Who wins the beans?

• Total voters

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don't know what's worse -- O'Connell's attitude or Madigan's using the word "signify" in place of "dignify".

Lol.
And I ask you, just what the hell is the dignification of that comment?!?!?!?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Seriously doubt you can say that. Shea as likely just
lost his balance leaning in on the much smaller
Harper. Looked like he was starting to fall
before he even made contact.

Its a bad call by the ref, but just because you hate
a bad call doesn't mean you should be throwing shade
at Shea. That kid played hard both games I saw.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
O'Connell is on thin ice at BU as the program is now third in the city. If they had won the Beanpot he would have been safe for another year.

I haven't been watching BU or college hockey like I used
to but BU have lost McAvoy, Fabbro, Keller, Tkachuk, Greenway, Farabee, Bellows and Bowers early to the NHL/AHL. All except McAvoy, Greenway and Bellows would
still be on BU if they hadn't left early. That's pretty unfair to point a finger at O'Connell given that loss
of talent. Even Parker and Quinn would struggle.

In fact Parker had back to back losing seasons after the
1979 season as he lost Dave Silk for the 79-80 team.
He had back to back losing seasons in 87-88 and 88-89
as he lost Scott Young and Clark Donatelli to the US Olympic Team and David Quinn
to a medical condition.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
They're not firing Albie. I have my doubts about him but BU has had massive roster turnover with lots of early departures. He'll get more time.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
O'Connell is on thin ice at BU as the program is now third in the city. If they had won the Beanpot he would have been safe for another year.
He'll get another year,he's got some killer recruits coming in,though would love to see what Mark Dennehy could do with that roster

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

He should have done better. His players taking penalties trailing by 1 in the 3rd was terrible.

Might be sending the wrong messages.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I have literally only seen this angle. If anyone can find a different angle, it's you. I can't say it's a dive at all though. Looks like Shea was losing his balance, but it also looks like Harper used his left hand to possibly pull Shea down. But without another angle, it's impossible to tell. Either way, it's hard to definitively say if it was even a bad call. Considering that is also looked like Shea might have already been losing an edge, it's even harder to say it was a dive.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Cant can him though when the lack of success is too many future NHLers who are all playing on their draft year. Not USHL 20 year old freshmen.

It’s why HE has such great parity because that age vs talent trade off is real.

BU has awful goalies. So does PC one game I went to this year between the two I think both starters got pulled and one reinserted.

Just when you can be a hockey version of Kentucky basketball how do you not? BC has dealt with it for a decade and it was ugly for them first month of the season this year.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
It was an iffy call, but BU got those for 65+ years. Always seemed like BU would get a power play against NU whenever it was needed. Good to see the shoe on the other foot this time.

As an alum, very happy to see Northeastern's success the past few years. Never thought I'd see it after more than 25 years of misery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad