GDT: THE 2023 FREE AGENT FRENZY!!! | Part 2

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Tony D would have been the perfect fit next to Mac Truck, but i dont see a fit now unless he sits next to someone like De Haan on the 3rd pairing. we also have Raddysh who has a very good offensive instinct to his game and likely takes that bottom pairing spot

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
There is a reason he has been with so many organizations after Tampa drafted him in the first round and his offensive ability is not it. We do not need him back in the organization, unless we are throwing all hopes of making another run to the Finals out the window in favor of ABSOLUTELY destroying the locker room chemistry we have to bring back one of the well known "cancers" in the sport today.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Tony D would have been the perfect fit next to Mac Truck, but i dont see a fit now unless he sits next to someone like De Haan on the 3rd pairing. we also have Raddysh who has a very good offensive instinct to his game and likely takes that bottom pairing spot
You guys are crazy I’d absolutely take Tony D for 1 year 1 million bucks . If he doesn’t workout out you waive him to the ahl and then he won’t report and contract termination happens

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't think we are above giving players with questionable characters a chance here. Being able to sign players for the league minimum and then just bury them in the minors puts guys like DeAngelo on the radar for me. There is too much leadership/integrity in the locker room for an outsider to be able to come in and disrupt that, first little bit of friction and off to Syracuse he goes.

This team already has a zero defense, offensive weapon at RD in Raddysh, so it's unnecessary risk. However an example of a guy I would have brought in would be like Evander Kane

You guys are crazy I’d absolutely take Tony D for 1 year 1 million bucks . If he doesn’t workout out you waive him to the ahl and then he won’t report and contract termination happens
yep I agree, if he needed help at RD. I don't think we do

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Syracuse says thank you but heck no, we do not need his headaches and immaturity again. With a brand new coaching staff coming in, the last thing they need to do is take care of a known locker room cancer simply because someone assumes he is the best option out there.

Reactions: Zwui21 and aylib

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Kuznetsov asking for a trade after one of his worst seasons, any interest in him at 50% retention?
Nah

iu

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Can we re-sign Jeannot already? Lol
Really wonder what number JBB is willing to offer, and what's the ask from Jeannot's camp.

Reactions: Crunchrulz

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Can we re-sign Jeannot already? Lol
Really wonder what number JBB is willing to offer, and what's the ask from Jeannot's camp.
I hope JBB doesn't cave on the aav on this deal, unless it's for max term. If it's a 2 year deal or something, it shouldn't be much more than 2 aav. At that aav, the team could still make another ufa acquisition or even make a trade. If they vastly overpay Jeannot on a short term deal, they won't have that flexibility and then just have to roll the dice that perhaps a Syracuse promotion can help replace what was lost offensively(since it's very questionable Jeannot is more than a 10-15 goal scorer, but I guess we'll see which of his two full NHL seasons was more of the norm soon enough).

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If he's smart he will go shorter I think than longer unless jbb gets it enough for him to agree to. I just think he might be able to rack up some points here if he has that capability. Cash out later. Feel like we couldn't see enough to know what would be appropriate since he got hurt.

Reactions: Master P

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
If he's smart he will go shorter I think than longer unless jbb gets it low but enough for him to agree to. I just think he might be able to rack up some points here if he has that capability. Cash out later. Feel like we couldn't see enough to know what would be appropriate since he got hurt.
2 years at 2 mill per.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I really hope we move enough cap and bring in Maxime Comtois. only 24 years old and hes a big body that could be a pest with Jeannot

Reactions: Outl4w

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They will probably try again next year depending on what happens this year but if he has a really good season he would be smart to go to ufa so it will be interesting to see. However Jeannot also has to consider if he does have a good season next year how much of that is because he's on a better offensive system in Tampa and what that's like elsewhere. Tampa is betting on him doing well and enjoying Tampa where maybe grass isn't always greener elsewhere. Maybe he likes it here that much. I think thats kind of been the motto right? We kinda are hoping that with Hagel already for his next deal.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Even after the overpay, the team should still be able to run a 21 man roster with 12F/7D and have enough space to try and make an offer for Tatar, or possibly negotiate a trade for a top 6 F with a year left such as Niederreiter or someone similar perhaps. With a couple of moves, Tampa should be able to max out around 2.4 million(or 2.1x if Myers is just waived and unclaimed), so a trade w/retention for a player.making 4-4.5 is not necessarily off the table. Other players like Comtois or Suter could also be an option for an additional and affordable middle 6 player that would then allow the team to run 22, but seeing if a true top 6 replacement for Killorn is available should still be a priority imo, even if it means starting 21 instead of 22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outl4w

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
JBB should really consider using Seabrook's contract as a bait to get a "cap dump" at 50% off

Reactions: Rschmitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad