GDT: THE 2023 FREE AGENT FRENZY!!! | Part 2

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Why wouldn’t he sign a big and safe contract now? He has nothing to prove. Unfortunately that’s the reason he won’t sign here. We don’t have the cap space.

Thing is everyone is out of cap space. You're not getting a $7 million payday and winning the Cup. You can go to Chicago and play with Bedard or play in AZ and that's it. If that's what Tank wanted he'd have signed by now

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
So apparently the Canes can offer him 4-5M this year, but one year only. Next year they will be strapped due to all their sweetheart deals coming up.

Sooooo...I guess its possible to offer Tank a long term deal with guaranteed money knowing we're going to eat it on the back end.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
FYI - This was posted minutes BEFORE the agent News broke. Also - he mentions the rumor is Carolina for 1x3-4M?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I wonder if Tank is looking for money or term? Doubt he's getting both.
Andy Strickland would know Tarasenko relatively well as a Blues beat reporter.

Term and money are intertwined, but getting term right now shouldn't be too difficult.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Term and money are intertwined, but getting term right now shouldn't be too difficult.
I think term is exactly his problem. Duchene got 1x, Wheeler got 1x, Bertuzzi got 1x.

Canes can't offer him more than 1x because of all their re-signs next year.

This MAY present and opening for JBB to offer Tank a deal like the rumored Killorn deal knowing we'll buy it out in a few years when he's washed and we're done competing.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Would you sign TARASENKo to a 7 year deal for say 4.5 avv and then just let Jeannot walk ?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Would you sign TARASENKo to a 7 year deal for say 4.5 avv and then just let Jeannot walk ?
I don't know that much about Tarasenko (or Jeannot, honestly) to say.

The Jeannot comment was just that if big contracts start to be given out to forwards, then that may drive Jeannot's price up.

I think term is exactly his problem. Duchene got 1x, Wheeler got 1x, Bertuzzi got 1x.

Canes can't offer him more than 1x because of all their re-signs next year.

This MAY present and opening for JBB to offer Tank a deal like the rumored Killorn deal knowing we'll buy it out in a few years when he's washed and we're done competing.
Maybe not Carolina, but if he wanted to sign a cheap deal for multiple years, he'd find plenty of takers.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't know why professional athletes and their agents are shocked_pikachu.wav because teams don't have 10 million dollars to throw around. It's been 3 straight years of flat cap, every competing team is cap strapped. Ultimately, Tarasenko will have to understand that he should take a bargain deal now with a contender and then cash in next year when the cap goes up and teams are willing to spend.

Why in the f*** would he sign with Ottawa? That's dumb.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I don't know why professional athletes and their agents are shocked_pikachu.wav because teams don't have 10 million dollars to throw around. It's been 3 straight years of flat cap, every competing team is cap strapped. Ultimately, Tarasenko will have to understand that he should take a bargain deal now with a contender and then cash in next year when the cap goes up and teams are willing to spend.

Why in the f*** would he sign with Ottawa? That's dumb.
Cause they're gonna offer him 5+ with term probably

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Looking at some options for a top six winger…

Kane would be cool but he wouldn’t get the PP time I imagine he’d look for here. Would he take a Wheeler deal?

Tatar is interesting. Scratched all playoffs with the Habs a few years ago, but has played well since. Would rather go in with him playing with Stamkos and Cirelli over Sheary. Again, probably could make more somewhere else.

A name not many people have mentioned is Asplund. Younish guy who I think could be put back on track. Definitely more of a risk then the other two but something to look at imo.

Bailey always played us well, seems age is catching up to him faster then others though.

Toews- hard pass

Nolan Patrick is a name. Not sure what his health situation is but maybe someone looking for a cheap deal after not sticking in Nash. Still potential there?
Asplund just signed with Florida:

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
got off the TSN website about free agents and saw tyler motte not signed..

i think hes a good defensively sound winger but i don't know if he fits the tampa's salary cap..

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad