The 2022 Playoff Avatar Discussion Thread

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I made them for everyone. Figured having a selection with each player makes it a bit less boring. In case you didn't see them: Post 68

Can someone give me some steps on how to upload these?

For some reason when I try I get an error message saying that the avatar "must be a valid image".

And now my current avi is gone too :cry:

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006

For some reason when I try I get an error message saying that the avatar "must be a valid image".

Weird. I just tried it and it worked for me.

Save the gif to your computer or phone. Select avatar in account details, select browse, then select the gif you downloaded, press okay. If it says no file found, press okay again and it should show it has changed.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Weird. I just tried it and it worked for me.

Save the gif to your computer or phone. Select avatar in account details, select browse, then select the gif you downloaded, press okay. If it says no file found, press okay again and it should show it has changed.

Finally got it to go. Had to do some end around stuff to get it to save to my phone as a .gif

Thanks a ton!

Reactions: RattsSSV

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I tried editing it in paint to 400x400 and save it as a gif. I only have a still image. How does one edit it and have it animated?

RattsSSV

May 4, 2006
I tried editing it in paint to 400x400 and save it as a gif. I only have a still image. How does one edit it and have it animated?
For the pissy / la bamba gifs I work with them at 500X500 (but it doesn't matter as long as every frame is the same size) and make jpgs of the groups of frames individually. Then I would take all the images and use a program like EZ GIF - GIF Maker to collate and animate them. Then use the resize gif option to make them 196x196 (which is the size that works best on hf).

Here is an example with one of my psds:
Zach.psd & pngs

To open the psd you will need Photoshop. You can use Photopea which is a great free online version.

If you have any questions or need any help let me know.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018

Same thing happened to me lol.

How did you make it work?

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
Same thing happened to me lol.

How did you make it work?

If you're on desktop, right-clicking to save is saving them as a WebP file, not a .gif which is what's causing that problem. If you do it via mobile and save it to your phone, it should do so as a .gif which you should then be able to get HF to accept.

I remember we had a similar issue with Wen's avatars last year, but since they were static images it was easier for people to screenshot and crop than it is to customize these .gifs

Reactions: Llamamoto

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I had an error using Chrome on Mac. I had to right click, open in a new tab and then add to “Photos” for it to work.

RattsSSV

May 4, 2006
Added Archie, Broberg, & Joey
Archie.gif
Bro.gif
Joey.gif

MoreDifferentS

May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
If you could get me a pissy La Bamba Dua Lipa...oh baaaby

DTG2Zal.gif

@RattsSSV any chance you have an Imgur account or something similar to upload these to in order to avoid the WebP issue thats caused by uploading the files to HF? If not, perhaps you could hit me with a link to a Mega with the avatars and I could upload them to Imgur for everyone to more easily use.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I sure hate seeing the Kraken logo in these threads. Feels like a troll has slipped through the hf police. Same for a pic of turtle boy.

When someone looses a bet why do the rest of us need to be punished?

MoreDifferentS

May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
I sure hate seeing the Kraken logo in these threads. Feels like a troll has slipped through the hf police. Same for a pic of turtle boy.

When someone looses a bet why do the rest of us need to be punished?

Man, you need to get the actual f*** over yourself. You're more than welcome to ignore my posts if my avatar is going to get your panties in such a bunch that you need to mention it multiple times.

Reactions: Llamamoto

RattsSSV

May 4, 2006
DTG2Zal.gif

@RattsSSV any chance you have an Imgur account or something similar to upload these to in order to avoid the WebP issue thats caused by uploading the files to HF? If not, perhaps you could hit me with a link to a Mega with the avatars and I could upload them to Imgur for everyone to more easily use.
Yeah I do. Will do. Easier than using HFs gui anyways.

Reactions: MoreDifferentS

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
DTG2Zal.gif

It's beautiful 😍

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad