The 2022 Playoff Avatar Discussion Thread

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
ksujB9m.png

With the Oilers clinching a playoff berth, it's time for HFOil to start discussing what theme we'd like to go with for our 2022 playoff avatars. All ideas welcome, all contributions appreciated, and once we've gotten some ideas that people want to get behind, I'll add in a poll pole so we can vote on our decision.

Imgur album with all 2022 Playoff Avatars - courtesy of @RattsSSV

Last edited:

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
ksujB9m.png

With the Oilers clinching a playoff berth, it's time for HFOil to start discussing what theme we'd like to go with for our 2022 playoff avatars. All ideas welcome, all contributions appreciated, and once we've gotten some ideas that people want to get behind, I'll add in a poll pole so we can vote on our decision.
Thank you for volunteering your talents to this.

I respectfully suggest that a GIF Avatar include @Del Preston ’s - Kane mask image

BC410185-515F-4895-AFA1-FFFF11ECCD55.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Smitty as the Ultimate Warrior.
I'd rather Smitty and Koskinen as the Road Warriors. I was a huge UW fan as a kid but he was a pretty awful person so tying him to Smitty would be kind of insulting.

If we go 80s guys it opens up a whole lot of different options. Nature Boy Connor McDavid. Macho Man Leon Draisaitl. Big Boss Kassian. Lol.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Not a great idea but an idea...since La Bamba is their win song this season, how about avatars of 50s rock stars?
Must be showing my age because I could get behind this. I know way more musicians from the 50s than if we go wrestlers, the only ones I know are the ones from Stampede Wrestling in the 1970s, Mahkan Singh, Tiger Joe Tomasso, Tor Kamata, the Stomper, and such. Im not sure where I’m finding photos of those guys! Either way, I know our theme and the avatars this board creates will be world class.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Must be showing my age because I could get behind this. I know way more musicians from the 50s than if we go wrestlers, the only ones I know are the ones from Stampede Wrestling in the 1970s, Mahkan Singh, Tiger Joe Tomasso, Tor Kamata, the Stomper, and such. Im not sure where I’m finding photos of those guys! Either way, I know our theme and the avatars this board creates will be world class.

I was born in the wrong era. I LOVE 50s rock n roll. Buddy Holly, Elvis, Ritchie, Del Shannon, The Everley Brothers, Little Richard. I introduced my 9 year old daughter to Elvis a number of months back. She just loves him too. First time she heard him sing, she said "Who is this? He has a beautiful voice!!". So I told her and she asked if he was still alive. She almost cried when I told her he died a long time ago. I'm taking her to the Elvis biopic when it comes out, as long as it's somewhat kid friendly (no sex scenes/nudity).

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
A wrestling theme gives numerous options for each player, and the "It's Kane!" surprise arrival theme captures a major turning point of the Oilers season (and is familiar to most people).

The "Why are you so pissy?" is perhaps the most appropriate theme of the Oilers season (and playing in Edmonton). That being said, I'd like to see examples of how it would work as unified set of avatars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad