May 4, 2006
Figured I would play with it a bit.
ezgif.com-gif-maker(18).gif

Last edited:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
It's a cocky connotation, but... make negative avatars about the opposing team and change them every series you say?

Frame 1 - Jim Matheson: Why are you so pissy?

Frame 2 - *Drew Doughty out for the season tweet*

Frame 3 - Play La Bamba!

Bad energy, I diapprove

Reactions: TennisBalls

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Something with a pissy reference has to be it.
The problem with a wrestling theme is it will be tough to top Russelmania, possibly the best GDT this board has ever seen and playoff aviators need to be special.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Some random avatar tips on the new site:
The best size to use 196x196. Our current avatars are 150px but they are shrunk down from 196 so uploading at 196 will get you the best quality.
196px is a stock Xenforo size. If you upload at anything other 196x196 or 96x96 weird stuff might happen.
Try and keep it to 4-6 slides max if a GIF.

How about you just make our playoff GIFs and join our bandwagon Mr. Headmaster of the Web? :)

Reactions: oilers'72

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
ksujB9m.png

With the Oilers clinching a playoff berth, it's time for HFOil to start discussing what theme we'd like to go with for our 2022 playoff avatars. All ideas welcome, all contributions appreciated, and once we've gotten some ideas that people want to get behind, I'll add in a poll pole so we can vote on our decision.
Regardless I hope to not see your kraken avatar.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I'm 61. 70s rock all the way. Had no interest in the 50s dance crap or the 60s hippie era. Rock died around 1980, supplied by punk/new wave and record labels wanting the same formulatic drivel. It was a crime to sound like another group in the 70s and then everyone started to sound the same in the 80s.

Also, not a fan of pro wrestling at all.
Dang I'm even older. 70s were the best. Not that I can remember much, toked my brains away.

Re wrestling, I find it funny some people call it a sport. Of course the way refs manage some hockey games ...

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com

I like these quite a bit, I think we might have a winner here. I do wonder if you'd possibly mind adding a fifth slide with "Play La Bamba" to them, as I think it's a good theme to include since it's been season-long and a tribute to Joey.

Also, which font did you use for the Why Are You So Pissy text? Unfortunately for @fuswald, I plan on making a playoff version of my regular avatar like I did with last year's theme, and I'd like it to look as consistent as possible. Thank you!

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I was contemplating doing it with Play La Bamba as well; so will add it separately.
The font is Bebas Neue. After the game I add Play La Bamba and send you a .psd if you want.

Reactions: MoreDifferentS

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Meant to replace Post 60 but made a new one. These have Pissy and La Bamba in one gif.

2022 SCP Avys on Imgur

Ben.gif
Joey.gif
Archie.gif
Barrie.gif
Bouch.gif
Brassard.gif
Bro.gif
Ceci.gif
Drai.gif
Foegele.gif
Hyman.gif
Kane.gif
Kas.gif
Keith.gif
Kosk.gif
Kulak.gif
McDavid.gif
McLeod.gif
Nuge.gif
Nurse.gif
Pulju.gif
Rusty.gif
Ryan.gif
Shore.gif
Smith.gif
Yams.gif
Woody.gif

Save the gif to your computer or phone. Select avatar in account details, select browse, then select the gif you downloaded, press okay. If it says no file found, press okay again and it should show it has changed.

If you have any questions or want something specific, message me.

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Wrestling avatars sound fun. We need to make sure that unfortunately we can’t include the Hitman cause he’s from Calgary. And also unfortunately we can’t use Benoit, cause he umm you know had that terrible end.

I don’t get how we going to make Pissy a theme… do we paint all our avatars in Urine Yellow?

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com

I see that shiny new Ben one that you added, I'm sure that'll be a popular one. I'm just waiting for tomorrow's game to wrap up so I can put mine on!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was born in the wrong era. I LOVE 50s rock n roll. Buddy Holly, Elvis, Ritchie, Del Shannon, The Everley Brothers, Little Richard. I introduced my 9 year old daughter to Elvis a number of months back. She just loves him too. First time she heard him sing, she said "Who is this? He has a beautiful voice!!". So I told her and she asked if he was still alive. She almost cried when I told her he died a long time ago. I'm taking her to the Elvis biopic when it comes out, as long as it's somewhat kid friendly (no sex scenes/nudity).
Just gonna jump in here because you missed such rockers as Eddie Cochrane, Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Link Wray and the like. I don't directly get into the era too much, but from what are considered rock legends by a lot of the 70's crew. THOSE were the 50's rockers that truly stretched the boundaries. The Ones that rocking 60's and 70's acts followed for direction. Holly as well fits that, he had an edge and was original. Elvis was a manufacture. An inauthentic clone of things he'd seen. Few rock acts were emulating Elvis years later because in rock canon he wasn't seen as a root by many artists. When you see that artists like U2. who became formulaic, have Elvis on a mantel, you know what Elvis, Bono, and U2 were really about.

I'll put it into simplest terms . Teenagers with edge werent' listening to Elvis, their parents were. no parents were fraternizing with the likes of Jerry Lee, Wray, Holly, Cochrane who were more the rebels. Link Wray was considered dangerous. His hit Rumble was banned everywhere. For long periods of time. Elvis was the crooner in comparison and the guy that put the image together. Not to dismiss many solid songs in his catalog. But he's derivative. Music has always featured those artists that are just better at capitalizing on hubris. Its sad for music that everybody like Holly, Cochrane, Richie Valens, etc, died a very early death. Holly would have transformed the music industry himself. Alas we never were able to see the ongoing work of those artists due to tragedy.

But yeah, in music I've always gone for the edgy artists. Those stretching the boundaries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad