GDT: The 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I've really liked what I've seen from Savoie at the summer showcase. Terrific skater with very good hands, smarts, vision and shooting.

I'd love to get him in the draft next year.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Not sure where the Jets will end up on the draft board but just for now let’s say around 20.

who are some prospects to watch around the 20 range now?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Not sure where the Jets will end up on the draft board but just for now let’s say around 20.

who are some prospects to watch around the 20 range now?
The Hockey News had us taking RHD Ryan Chesley of the United States National Development program at #23 in their latest mock draft.

Last edited:

Peter Tagli Eddie

All 3 of them?
Apr 14, 2009
With our recent slide in the standings, I'm starting to think about the draft a bit more (coping mechanism).

Looking like a real possibility of a lotto pick (although still hopeful for some playoff hockey).

What does our wish list look like? BPA obviously, but there are some pretty good looking RHD prospects this year.

2022 NHL Mock Draft | 2022 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

Reactions: SM

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
With our recent slide in the standings, I'm starting to think about the draft a bit more (coping mechanism).

Looking like a real possibility of a lotto pick (although still hopeful for some playoff hockey).

What does our wish list look like? BPA obviously, but there are some pretty good looking RHD prospects this year.

2022 NHL Mock Draft | 2022 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
Given position and handedness, I don’t think either Nemec or Jiricek would slide into our range (thinking 10-13).

At that point, I think we need to go for BPA, with a slight lean to right-handed shots. Hopefully some of Yurov, Geekie, Lambert, Lekkerimaki, Nazar are still available at that range.

I would target a D with a 2nd first round pick should we get one for Copp. Salomonsson, Chesley, Nelson are all RHD who might be available in the early 20s.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Jiricek or Nemec would be the dream. I think Lambert is going to be great but his shenanigans lately are bothering me.

Reactions: Romang67

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Given where we are now and if the present slide continues... what range of pick in first will we be picking at... ?

12th... 11th... 10th... ?

Geekie could be available...

Reactions: surixon

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
For those who have seen Geekie play what can anybody share?

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
To expand on this, if Geekie wasn't from down the road from Winnipeg, would we be looking at him as a top 10 option?

This is just from looking at his numbers, and a genuine question.
I’ve only seen him play three times. From what I seen he’s got all around skill (not elite) uses his body well and a little mean streak (at times). Not sure of a comparable

Reactions: Romang67

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jiricek or Nemec would be the dream. I think Lambert is going to be great but his shenanigans lately are bothering me.

Can you provide a brief summary 9f the types of games Nemec and Jiricek play. I'm not familiar with either. I'm pretty familiar with Lambert. I like his game but he seems to only perform at the WJC which is a bit concerning.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Can you provide a brief summary 9f the types of games Nemec and Jiricek play. I'm not familiar with either. I'm pretty familiar with Lambert. I like his game but he seems to only perform at the WJC which is a bit concerning.

Nemec is a more offensive player then Jiricek. A real good skater with really good offensive instincts. Decent size but not physical. A good comparison I have seen made is a at the high end Roman Josi and at the low end a Rasmus Andersson.

Jiricek is a throwback defender. Very physical, hard hitting. Mobile and skates well. More of a Nurse type of D man.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
To expand on this, if Geekie wasn't from down the road from Winnipeg, would we be looking at him as a top 10 option?

This is just from looking at his numbers, and a genuine question.

I think he suffers from playing on an elite team. He doesn't play top line and as many minutes as most top prospects who are I junior play.

From the games I've seen he is still a pretty raw player much like Scheifele. He's tall but lanky and hasn't filled out his frame yet. His skating is solid bit needs some refinement.

As far as his skill set, he has really soft hands and great puck skills, he has a hard shot and above average vision and passing. He is nit afraid to go to the front of the net or take the puck hard to the slot.

He is someone that you could project as a number 1 center if he can fill out his frame and put his tools together.

I'd be very happy taking him, but he would need some time to season like Mark imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad