GDT: The 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I like the pick of Lambert at 30. But I cant help but think Isaac Howard has almost as much upside without the risk of a season where he face planted. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not sure the Winnipeg market is ready for a player like Howard.

I'm sure there are some factors we are not privy to. You may very well be right.

I dont know shit in the grand scheme. All I'm saying is, on the surface, it looks like we passed on a top six winger for a guy who looks like he could be a Cogliano/Hagelin type by the time he is in his mid twenties.

Hopefully I'm wrong...

I think if we get a Cogliano type out of Lambert that is pretty damn good. Even if hes a late bloomer.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not sure the Winnipeg market is ready for a player like Howard.

I think if we get a Cogliano type out of Lambert that is pretty damn good. Even if hes a late bloomer.
Yeah definitely not familar with Howard as a kid haha, just scouting the box scores and tiering guys. If he is anything like The Natural maybe you are right. Tampa is probably a better fit than we would have been.

Still happy to have Lambert. I just thought it was a bit crazy to see a a few tweets where Lambert was ranked ahead of McGroarty in our own prospect pool.

Great pick, still would prefer Howard, bit imo we took 2nd best F on the bboard.and also, I dont know shit, just love talking hockey sometimes haha

Guys like you putting together a list of your own will always have my respect even when I dont agree

Reactions: ps241

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah definitely not familar with Howard as a kid haha, just scouting the box scores and tiering guys. If he is anything like The Natural maybe you are right. Tampa is probably a better fit than we would have been.

Still happy to have Lambert. I just thought it was a bit crazy to see a a few tweets where Lambert was ranked ahead of McGroarty in our own prospect pool.

Great pick, still would prefer Howard, bit imo we took 2nd best F on the bboard.and also, I dont know shit, just love talking hockey sometimes haha

Guys like you putting together a list of your own will always have my respect even when I dont agree

Yeah most won't agree with my lists but I just find it fun to check out and see where I stack up against the pros getting paid to do it. I had Lambert ranked 9th and some will definitely question that ranking but given what I saw of him I think he had some of the lowest puck luck I've ever seen in a draft year and I'm fairly certain he is going to have a big bounceback season next year.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
1657995605050.png

Reactions: jgimp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad