The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v4 (Coyotes have #3 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Eveyone down to Cooley, Slafkovsky, Nemec in the 2-4 spots? Jiricek another name that could be in mix (knee injury aside is there enough offense here?)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Eveyone down to Cooley, Slafkovsky, Nemec in the 2-4 spots? Jiricek another name that could be in mix (knee injury aside is there enough offense here?)
I’ve got Slafkovsky cemented at #2, with a bullet. Nemec is in the lead for #3. Jiricek and Cooley and maybe Savoie are in the mix for #4. Then it’s Gauthier at #7 and Geekie at #8.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’ve got Slafkovsky cemented at #2, with a bullet. Nemec is in the lead for #3. Jiricek and Cooley and maybe Savoie are in the mix for #4. Then it’s Gauthier at #7 and Geekie at #8.
Outside of Savoie (who didn’t play yesterday due to injury) we are going to have similar lists.

rt

May 13, 2004
Outside of Savoie (who didn’t play yesterday due to injury) we are going to have similar lists.
I will change this so much in the next couple of months. Guys will move 20 spots up or down on this list. I refuse to be judged by it until June. Haha. But I'm going to post it anyway, even though I hate posting lists.

Rank Name Position League
1 Shane Wright C OHL
2 Juraj Slafkovsky W Liiga
3 Simon Nemec RD SVK
4 Logan Cooley C USHL
5 Matthew Savoie C WHL
6 David Jiricek RD Extraliga
7 Cutter Gauthier C USHL
8 Conor Geekie C WHL
9 Frank Nazar C USHL
10 Denton Mateychuk LD WHL
11 Pavel Mintyukov LD OHL
12 Marco Kasper C SHL
13 Joakim Kemell W Liiga
14 Danila Yurov W MHL
15 Brad Lambert W Liiga
16 Rutger McGroarty W USHL
17 Lian Bichsel LD SHL
18 Ryan Chesley RD USHL
19 Nathan Gaucher C QMJHL
20 Liam Ohgren W SHL
21 Filip Mesar W SVK
22 Mats Lindgren LD WHL
23 Kevin Korchisnki LD WHL
24 Luca Del Bel Belluz C OHL
25 Owen Pickering LD WHL
26 Owen Beck C OHL
27 Ty Nelson RD OHL
28 Jack Hughes C NCAA
29 Jiri Kulich C Extraliga
30 Jonathan Lekkerimaki W SHL
31 Isaac Howard W USHL
32 Matthew Seminoff W WHL
33 Ivan Miroshnichenko W VHL
34 Gleb Trikozov W VHL
35 Alexander Perevalov W MHL
36 Noah Warren RD QMJHL
37 Tristan Luneau RD QMJHL
38 Sam Rinzel RD USHL
39 Filip Bystedt C SHL
40 Matyas Sapovaliv C OHL
41 Calle Odelius LD SHL
42 Danny Zhilkin C OHL
43 Servac Petrovsky C OHL
44 Isaiah George LD OHL
45 Christian Kyrou RD OHL
46 Simon Forsmark LD SHL
47 Elias Salomonsson RD SHL
48 Jagger Firkus W WHL
49 Maveric Lamoureaux RD QMJHL
50 Jake Livanavage LD USHL

rt

May 13, 2004
^ that list is 10 days old and already I want to make 10 changes. Lol.

As minor tweaks, and I’ll make wholesale changes soon, I’d swap Kasper and Kemell, Lindgren and Korchinski, Beck and Kulich, Howard and Beck, Zhilkin with Petrovsky, Kyrou with George, Firkus with Forsmark, and swap in Ostlund for Livanavage.

That’s 8 little tweaks that occur to me. But U18s will change a lot. So will CHL playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

As minor tweaks, and I’ll make wholesale changes soon, I’d swap Kasper and Kemell, Lindgren and Korchinski, Beck and Kulich, Howard and Beck, Zhilkin with Petrovsky, Kyrou with George, Firkus with Forsmark, and swap in Ostlund for Livanavage.

That’s 8 little tweaks that occur to me. But U18s will change a lot. So will CHL playoffs.
Everytime Team USA plays i know i have about 5-6 changes to my top 30 to make.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Issac Howard looks like a steal at 30ish. If Arizona gets him with their 2nd first I would love it. The kid has a scorers mentality. What else other than size is his issue?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Issac Howard looks like a steal at 30ish. If Arizona gets him with their 2nd first I would love it. The kid has a scorers mentality. What else other than size is his issue?
Honestly i have about 30 names i like in that 10-30 range. This strategy of accumulating 2nd rounders could provide the best depth of homegrown talent this organization has ever had.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Honestly i have about 30 names i like in that 10-30 range. This strategy of accumulating 2nd rounders could provide the best depth of homegrown talent this organization has ever had.
I wonder how teams will approach picking Russian kids. It will be a fascinating draft.

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

rt

May 13, 2004
Lack of Shift to shift energy/effort level, lack of inside game, lack of defensive commitment, and lack of stand out quality is what kept him from being higher than that on my list, pre-tournament. But 30 is still REALLY high as he has always struck me as a very talented player. And it’s not like those issues I cited are really bad from him or anything. Some of it is just prospect stuff.

I don’t dislike him. I liked him slightly less than many lists but that had as much to do with liking several other players more than other lists.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hey guys - Habs board did an Early Mock Draft.. I had the pleasure of being the GM for the Coyotes and this is my haul.

1. Shane Wright - C - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
30. Noah Ostlund - C - Djurgarden (SHL)
32. Adam Ingram - C - Youngstown (USHL)
33. Jiri Kulich - C/W - HC Energei Karlovy (Czechia)
37. Sam Rinzel (RD) - Waterloo (USHL)
42. Calle Odelius (LD) - Djurgardens IF (J20)
45. Danny Zhilkin (C) - Guelph (OHL)
65. Michael Fisher (RD) - St. Mark's (USHS-Prep)
129. Quinn Finley (F) - Madison (USHL)
161. Jake Richard (W) - Muskegon (USHL)

Should be a fun day for you guys and imagine you'll trade up in the 1st.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So what teams would be willing to trade a draft pick between 10 and 20 for the 30th and 32nd?

rt

May 13, 2004
Hey guys - Habs board did an Early Mock Draft.. I had the pleasure of being the GM for the Coyotes and this is my haul.

1. Shane Wright - C - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
30. Noah Ostlund - C - Djurgarden (SHL)
32. Adam Ingram - C - Youngstown (USHL)
33. Jiri Kulich - C/W - HC Energei Karlovy (Czechia)
37. Sam Rinzel (RD) - Waterloo (USHL)
42. Calle Odelius (LD) - Djurgardens IF (J20)
45. Danny Zhilkin (C) - Guelph (OHL)
65. Michael Fisher (RD) - St. Mark's (USHS-Prep)
129. Quinn Finley (F) - Madison (USHL)
161. Jake Richard (W) - Muskegon (USHL)

Should be a fun day for you guys and imagine you'll trade up in the 1st.
Love 6 of your first 7 picks. Great job! I don’t care for Ingram, personally.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I think it goes Wright, then Slafkovsky and nemec 2/3. If we get 4th I just don't see BA taking a small center in Cooley and even though I love the player 4th is too high for Jiricek because of his lack of games this season.

God I pray we don't pick 4th..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious if Jiricek makes World's for the mens team and how that would change things? He's a wildcard due to the injury.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I've been preparing all year to draft 3.

I didn't think it was possible that we'd be picking 4. Now, I fully expect to pick 4. haha
4th is still good. Dont really want 3rd as it has not been kind to the franchise (Turris and Strome).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad