The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v4 (Coyotes have #3 pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Your top five is the same as mine. PK is an interesting comparison to Jiricek. I hope he turns out to be something closer to Pronger if we land him. Odds are against us getting Wright but I really hope we can land Slafkovsky or Jiricek. I'll only be pissed if we drop to four but even then we have a good chance at the other two. It's anyone's guess who Montreal picks after Wright. I'd bet $$ Armstrong has the same top three as us.

Have to think MTL goes Cooley if they get 2nd. They have Guhle in the pipeline on defense and Romanov is young enough. After losing Katkoneimi you gotta think they are going to be chasing centers.

I'd be thrilled to draft any of the players in my top 5. This wont be like 2018/2019 where you need to be in the top 3-4 to insure you get the no-brainer pick at least. And it's not like we will be 3rd to worst and get bumped to 5th/6th like other years.

It will be really interesting to see where NJ lands after the lotto and if they would be interested in Chychrun.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Well it looks like we will be picking at worst top 4. Would prefer a top 3 pick. Not sure if we can win another but who knows...
I think you've answered my question, BUT is that truly the WORSE case scenario? Finish dead last but get screwed by the lottery, remember- we're the Coyotes, we can't have anything nice.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Current pick placement:

1st (AZ)
30th (CAR) tied with TOR and NYR. Slipping a little without Andersson. Would play BOS if playoffs started
31st (COL) Matched with DAL
33rd (AZ)
36th (PHI, pnt away from 35th)
42nd (SJ with 72 points.)
45th (NYI with 80 points)

Reactions: 0point1

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Current pick placement:

1st (AZ)
30th (CAR) tied with TOR and NYR. Slipping a little without Andersson. Would play BOS if playoffs started
31st (COL) Matched with DAL
33rd (AZ)
36th (PHI, pnt away from 35th)
42nd (SJ with 72 points.)
45th (NYI with 80 points)

I read that as the teams being tied and had to go check. You got me, Grimes! You got me. 😆

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Carolina looking like they are going to lose to NJ. If TOR and NYR get a point today they both jump them. Carolina looking like they could be an early exit candidate

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Cooley having a big day today. Howard too. The whole US team, it sounds like.
I only caught the 3rd period.
Cooley looked dangerous. His assist on Howard's 4th goal was impressive.
Fantilli stood out more than any other Canadian.
Hope to see much more of this tourney.

Reactions: Grimes

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I only caught the 3rd period.
Cooley looked dangerous. His assist on Howard's 4th goal was impressive.
Fantilli stood out more than any other Canadian.
Hope to see much more of this tourney.
He was a bulldog out there, really be happy if we could get him in '23 if we lose out on Bedard

Reactions: Grimes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad