The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I don't know why but I always love taking former players kids. They always seem to have that extra 'it' thing in them. Wouldn't mind taking Marek Hejduk in the 3rd as kind of a draft and stash player. Let him develop at Harvard for a couple years then bring him in.

I feel like we are the professional team that understands the value of taking the kid of a former player, we just consistently choose the ones that never produce.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've been warming to the idea of picking Yurov. I normally have little to no interest in left shooting wingers in the 1st round. I guess what's attractive to me is how well rounded he is. He checks all the boxes. He's this year's version of Guenther. He's not so spectacular at anything that his hype train is running out of control. I think this could make him a slight faller, like it did for Guenther. I wouldn't want him with our own pick but I'd love to get Chicago's pick via trade and use it on Yurov.
I don’t know how anyone could draft Yurov in the first round, at all. He doesn’t play hockey, so far as I can tell. How can you use a 1st rounder on a kid who takes three shifts per game. He might be the next Mark Stone, for all I know. But how could anyone know? He doesn’t play! Lol.

I guess that’s why the scouts get the big bucks. There’s no way I could project a player like this. But then again, I can’t really project any prospect. I just make a list of players I like and find entertaining. Ahah.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Seeing a forward with zero points in a men's league ranked in the top 10 is wild.

So much of development involves touches of the puck in actual games that the KHL continues to sketch me out for forwards and scoring in general. See Petrov vs Fedotov.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I don’t know how anyone could draft Yurov in the first round, at all. He doesn’t play hockey, so far as I can tell. How can you use a 1st rounder on a kid who takes three shifts per game. He might be the next Mark Stone, for all I know. But how could anyone know? He doesn’t play! Lol.

I guess that’s why the scouts get the big bucks. There’s no way I could project a player like this. But then again, I can’t really project any prospect. I just make a list of players I like and find entertaining. Ahah.
I think he's been moved to the MHL recently. It's not the ideal spot for him but he'll get lots of ice time. The scouts will be watching closely.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think he's been moved to the MHL recently. It's not the ideal spot for him but he'll get lots of ice time. The scouts will be watching closely.
That’s a relief. I’m not saying he’s not great. He might be the best player in the draft. I just wouldn’t know. Haha.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wouldn’t be upset if we drafted Cooley 2nd overall and then took two 6’4 Centers with the last two picks in the 1st.

That Chicago pick via Columbus is looking pretty tasty right about now, with about 13 players in the top tier.

rt

May 13, 2004
That Chicago pick via Columbus is looking pretty tasty right about now, with about 13 players in the top tier.
Cutter Gauthier, Corson Ceulemans and Liam Foudy would be an EXCELLENT return for Chychrun, IMO. A 6’3 power center that skates like the wind and has a huge shot, a 6’3 power RHD that skates like the wind and has a huge shot, and a 3LW energy winger with a great motor and elite skating. None will ever be as good as Chychrun but if we have to move Chychrun, that’s a VERY appealing return, IMO.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Cutter Gauthier, Corson Ceulemans and Liam Foudy would be an EXCELLENT return for Chychrun, IMO. A 6’3 power center that skates like the wind and has a huge shot, a 6’3 power RHD that skates like the wind and has a huge shot, and a 3LW energy winger with a great motor and elite skating. None will ever be as good as Chychrun but if we have to move Chychrun, that’s a VERY appealing return, IMO.

I'd be ok w/this

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Are you losing interest in Savoie and Geekie? You seem more detached on those two from a few months ago. Especially Savoie.

rt

May 13, 2004
Are you losing interest in Savoie and Geekie? You seem more detached on those two from a few months ago. Especially Savoie.
Savoie is my 3rd ranked prospect and Geekie is my 5th ranked prospect.

I’m talking about Gauthier with the CBJ pick because it’s likely that the pick is more like 13th overall, and I don’t think Savoie or Geekie will be there. Still, I have Gauthier between 6th and 8th overall. But I fully expect him to be taken between 10th and 14th.

rt

May 13, 2004
I've been warming to the idea of picking Yurov. I normally have little to no interest in left shooting wingers in the 1st round. I guess what's attractive to me is how well rounded he is. He checks all the boxes. He's this year's version of Guenther. He's not so spectacular at anything that his hype train is running out of control. I think this could make him a slight faller, like it did for Guenther. I wouldn't want him with our own pick but I'd love to get Chicago's pick via trade and use it on Yurov.
Shout out to Lanky!

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
It would be great to get a true 1C in this draft. Nothing goes our way so I am not counting on being able to draft Bedard next year. If it does go that way though we will be in an awesome position.
But is there any way we could move up for our 2nd pick to grab Jiricek? Man does he have a nice shot. He could make our PP look real for a change. He actually hits the net too which is odd for a Coyote.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Jiricek is currently ranked 3rd with Bleacher, 6th for Button and 7th for McKenzie. Moving that far up from 31st to say 5th is extremely costly and unlikely. If you want him that much, much easier to simply take him with our 1st pick and then there are a host of forwards they could target with a move to 15-20th.

At this point I do think the Coyotes are considering Nemec/Jiricek strongly. As hbk says, this could be part of the reason why Chychrun became tradeable. Taking a top defenseman this year works well with taking an elite forward next year and then potentially having both in the team by the time Matthews hits FA.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
If we dont get the first or second pick(Wright/Cooley) I would like to trade down to CBJs 2 picks. I feel like Slafkovsky/Lambert/Jiricek/Gauthier/ Geekie will be in those ranges and I like those guys alot. Need to bust out the pick trade calculator to see how that would work.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I really like Jiricek, Nemec and Mintyukov. I just have to remind myself that elite Dmen can be drafted in the late 1st and throughout the 2nd round. The same can't be said about elite forwards. For our top pick, and any others in the top 20, I want future top line forwards. We have 7 other swings to hit a home run on defense. Just one or two swings to hit a home run with forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad