The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Still fantasizing about the avs never getting it together, missing the playoffs and winning the lottery for us, giving us 2 picks in the top 5.

A man can dream.
Even a top 20 pick from the Avs would be awesome.

I keep cheering for Avs to lose and Habs to win.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Been watching a bunch of North Bay games. Ty Nelson might sneak into the very end of the top half of the first round for me. Love the kid.

Really liking Arnsby as a potential 2nd rounder. He hits so hard for his size and he finishes every check. Loves to hurt guys. And he’s a really good defensive/checking center. He’s also always looking for a fight. All While putting up a point per game. He’s a net front presence all the time. Could be a great garbage man in the NHL at some point. He’s already the captain of North Bay at 17 years old.

He’s not going to be a big point producer at the next level but could see him as an Andrew Shaw style NHL player. Maybe a cross between Andrew Shaw and Brad Richardson.

Dalyn Wakely is intriguing as well. Maybe in the 3rd. Tough, skilled winger. Consistency issue but has skills and plays hard.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
What's the comparable for Wright? I kinda get Seguin vibes from being a purely highlight watcher

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Still fantasizing about the avs never getting it together, missing the playoffs and winning the lottery for us, giving us 2 picks in the top 5.

A man can dream.
If the Av's don't get out of their funk in the near future I think you start to hear rumblings of a coaching change.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
If the Av's don't get out of their funk in the near future I think you start to hear rumblings of a coaching change.
There’s some concern over in Avs-land that they still haven’t gotten over the knights series. With how much they’ve pounded on us the last couple years I can’t sympathize at all if they fall on their faces again

rt

May 13, 2004
Really liking the progression I’m seeing from Noah Warren this season already. He’s letting loose more with this skating, and hitting and offense. He’s making a lot more mistakes, but I like seeing the talent peek through. He’s very raw. Especially compared to the very polished Luneau. But I think Warren has real untapped upside. He’s a guy I think media scouts will have ranked in the 50s and be baffled when he goes in the 20s. 6’5 right-shot D that skate like the wind and flash real talent and real physicality are too enticing to pass up late in the 1st, I think.

Reactions: lanky

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Really liking the progression I’m seeing from Noah Warren this season already. He’s letting loose more with this skating, and hitting and offense. He’s making a lot more mistakes, but I like seeing the talent peek through. He’s very raw. Especially compared to the very polished Luneau. But I think Warren has real untapped upside. He’s a guy I think media scouts will have ranked in the 50s and be baffled when he goes in the 20s. 6’5 right-shot D that skate like the wind and flash real talent and real physicality are too enticing to pass up late in the 1st, I think.
This is exactly the type of prospect that I'd love to gamble on.

Big RHD are valued so high in the NHL. It's really hard to trade for one that has already established himself in the big league.

rt

May 13, 2004
My VERY early and COMPLETELY incomplete CHL rankings so far are below. The guys I have ranked and DND I’ve seen at least a handful of games from (let’s say 5 or more) and the guys not ranked I’ve seen only a few times or not at all yet. Some I’ve seen more of and just don’t have an opinion yet.

1. Shane Wright
  2. Matthew Savoie
  3. Conor Geekie
  4. Nathan Gaucher
  5. Denton Mateychuk
  6. Ty Nelson
  7. Tristan Luneau
  8. Noah Warren
  9. Antonin Verreault
  10. Sam Savoie
  11. Liam Arnsby
  12. Danny Zhilkin
  13. Paul Ludwinski
  14. Josh Davies
  15. Dalyn Wakely
DND: David Goyette

Need more viewings: Owen Pickering, Justin Cote, Luke Woodworth, Markus Vidicek, Mats Lindgren, Jordan Dumais, Jordan Gustafson, Matthew Poitras, Keven Korchinski, Hunter Haight, Bryce McConnell-Barker, Pano Fimis, Brandon Lisowsky, Mathew Ward,

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby and Grimes

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
My VERY early and COMPLETELY incomplete CHL rankings so far are below. The guys I have ranked and DND I’ve seen at least a handful of games from (let’s say 5 or more) and the guys not ranked I’ve seen only a few times or not at all yet. Some I’ve seen more of and just don’t have an opinion yet.

1. Shane Wright
  2. Matthew Savoie
  3. Conor Geekie
  4. Denton Mateychuk
  5. Ty Nelson
  6. Tristan Luneau
  7. Noah Warren
  8. Antonin Verreault
  9. Sam Savoie
  10. Liam Arnsby
  11. Danny Zhilkin
  12. Paul Ludwinski
  13. Josh Davies
  14. Dalyn Wakely
DND: David Goyette

Need more viewings: Owen Pickering, Justin Cote, Luke Woodworth, Markus Vidicek, Mats Lindgren, Jordan Dumais, Jordan Gustafson, Matthew Poitras, Keven Korchinski, Hunter Haight, Bryce McConnell-Barker, Pano Fimis, Brandon Lisowsky, Mathew Ward,

Would be curious to hear more on Haight, Fimis, and Poitras.

rt

May 13, 2004
Would be curious to hear more on Haight, Fimis, and Poitras.
First impression upon watching them is they’re tiny. Not just short. Look like middle schoolers. It’s a problem I have loom past but it will take work. Haha.

I’ve only seen a game and a half of Vidicek. I don’t get the hype yet.

EDIT: meant Haight and Fimis were small. Not Poitras. He doesn’t seem small. I was just focused on other players when I saw him and he didn’t make much of an impression. I’ll key in on him soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad