The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The important question is do any of these prospects have glaring issues they need to take care of before they make it to the NHL. Like Strome's skating and shot, or Gormley's skating.
Wright is the only perfect prospect in the draft. And even he has the misfortune of being seventeen years old. :)

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The important question is do any of these prospects have glaring issues they need to take care of before they make it to the NHL. Like Strome's skating and shot, or Gormley's skating.
Wright is pretty complete but like any prospect, will need to do some work to step into the NHL and be a successful center.

Jiri is probably a year off due to his aggressive style of play and needing to add some bulk to keep up with his game in the NHL. Guys like Carlo can make that quick jump because they have outstanding hockey IQ (plus Carlo had an NHL body like Chych). I REALLY like Jiricek, he's my favorite defenseman in the draft.

If we walked away with Wright, Jiricek and Gaucher/McGroarty than I might die from happiness.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
A quick gaming anecdote:

Last night after work, I loaded up EHM and got to the 2022 Draft.

My Coyotes finished dead last, as we all expected. We won 18 games, which I did not.

Anyway, I had traded a few players at the deadline and had four first-rounders to go with our five second-rounders. I was sitting pretty... and, of course, since the Coyotes have no luck even in a game, I lost the lottery and picked third.

That said, I got the following in the first two rounds of the draft: Nemec, McGroarty, Savoie, Armsby, Slafkovsky, Yurov, Luneau, and Zhilkin.

I was so thrilled, I even picked up Ty Nash with a 7th just to satisfy the Pepperoni Pizza Gods.

Now, the EHM drafting AI is notoriously bad, and the roster pack I have may have undervalued a few of the prospects in the upcoming draft, but still... look at that list. If we even get HALF of that haul in real life, how thrilled are we all going to be?

That's the only thing keeping me going through this tank year, really.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
This one has the potential to be fun.

Hop in!!!

Is it a travesty if Arizona doesn't get 1st overall pick?

Well now I want Wright more than ever! f*** em!

Well that was mildly entertaining until someone mentioned Dawson Mercer was the Hall pick. I was perfectly OK forgetting that!!!

Ugh I know, I've caught a game and been stat watching and he seems to be a sure shot 2C that can slot right up to the top line if needed. Super Dvo. And he is only 20...

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Tankathon …lost count of how many times I pressed the button until the coyotes got first over all. When they did , it was the Colorado pick and we fell to 2nd.. dream scenario grabbing 1 and 2 picks

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tankathon …lost count of how many times I pressed the button until the coyotes got first over all. When they did , it was the Colorado pick and we fell to 2nd.. dream scenario grabbing 1 and 2 picks
Craig Morgan confirmed that the Colorado pick is top 10 protected and that the lack of protection was an error in reporting. It was widely reported incorrectly.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Craig Morgan confirmed that the Colorado pick is top 10 protected and that the lack of protection was an error in reporting. It was widely reported incorrectly.
Shit, I'm assuming the protection means we'd get next years pick?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
They have Nathan Mackinnon. Its November. Why are we discussing this? Do u really think that after 82 games they will be in the top 10 worst teams in the league?
Almost certainly not but shit happens. That's why they bothered to protect the pick.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Guys there is only one outcome to this.

montreal wins the lotto

AZ picks 3rd

the Stanley cup final is Colorado vs Carolina.

This is a mother f***ing guarantee haha

This was something I could joke about before because I knew even for the Yotes it is too ridiculous to happen. And yet, halfway through November and it's really feeling plausible now.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
AZ scouts will be very aware of Jake Livanavage having a good year on Chicago Steel alongside Sam Lipkin. He's from Gilbert, AZ and slated to go to UND next year. I'd put him down for one of our 2nds except he's fairly small.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Let’s talk about it in February
Why February? Let's wait until the end of the year when we all know for sure what our picks will be. Some are getting anxiety attacks talking about this all the time.:) I think Colorado might need a coaching change.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why February? Let's wait until the end of the year when we all know for sure what our picks will be. Some are getting anxiety attacks talking about this all the time.:) I think Colorado might need a coaching change.
I don’t disagree. We need something to talk about during Olympics was my thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad