The 2022 NHL Draft Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hey wait a minute. Before we start comparing anyone to Phil Kessel we need to know... how many hot dogs can Savoie eat in 5 minutes?
It’s such a bad comparison. Savoie is a tank. I’ve seen him explode dudes with body checks. Savoie works his ass off in all three zones and has a motor that doesn’t quit. You want a comp on him? It’s a Brayden Point & Bryan Little hybrid.

I see Shane Wright as half Tavares and half Horvat. I see Savoie as half Point and half Little.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It’s such a bad comparison. Savoie is a tank. I’ve seen him explode dudes with body checks. Savoie works his ass off in all three zones and has a motor that doesn’t quit. You want a comp on him? It’s a Brayden Point & Bryan Little hybrid.

I see Shane Wright as half Tavares and half Horvat. I see Savoie as half Point and half Little.

So you're saying Savoie will score at a Little over a Point per game?

rt

May 13, 2004
Mats Lindgren is an interesting one. He is a huge growth spurt recently, going from 5’7 to 6’0 and he’s apparently got amazing skating ability, particularly his agility (Quinn Hughes style). He’s still a bean-pole but his dad was a big 6’2 rugged Swedish winger. So I wonder if maybe there’s so physics upside yet to manifest itself. Maybe he ends up just as big as dad but retains that Hughes style agility. Would be something.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
My VERY early and COMPLETELY incomplete CHL rankings so far are below. The guys I have ranked and DND I’ve seen at least a handful of games from (let’s say 5 or more) and the guys not ranked I’ve seen only a few times or not at all yet. Some I’ve seen more of and just don’t have an opinion yet.

1. Shane Wright
  2. Matthew Savoie
  3. Conor Geekie
  4. Denton Mateychuk
  5. Ty Nelson
  6. Tristan Luneau
  7. Noah Warren
  8. Antonin Verreault
  9. Sam Savoie
  10. Liam Arnsby
  11. Danny Zhilkin
  12. Paul Ludwinski
  13. Josh Davies
  14. Dalyn Wakely
DND: David Goyette

Need more viewings: Owen Pickering, Justin Cote, Luke Woodworth, Markus Vidicek, Mats Lindgren, Jordan Dumais, Jordan Gustafson, Matthew Poitras, Keven Korchinski, Hunter Haight, Bryce McConnell-Barker, Pano Fimis, Brandon Lisowsky, Mathew Ward,

Love seeing Ty Nelson rising up your list. Love that the few things I've seen from him

rt

May 13, 2004
My VERY early and COMPLETELY incomplete CHL rankings so far are below. The guys I have ranked and DND I’ve seen at least a handful of games from (let’s say 5 or more) and the guys not ranked I’ve seen only a few times or not at all yet. Some I’ve seen more of and just don’t have an opinion yet.

1. Shane Wright
  2. Matthew Savoie
  3. Conor Geekie
  4. Denton Mateychuk
  5. Ty Nelson
  6. Tristan Luneau
  7. Noah Warren
  8. Antonin Verreault
  9. Sam Savoie
  10. Liam Arnsby
  11. Danny Zhilkin
  12. Paul Ludwinski
  13. Josh Davies
  14. Dalyn Wakely
DND: David Goyette

Need more viewings: Owen Pickering, Justin Cote, Luke Woodworth, Markus Vidicek, Mats Lindgren, Jordan Dumais, Jordan Gustafson, Matthew Poitras, Keven Korchinski, Hunter Haight, Bryce McConnell-Barker, Pano Fimis, Brandon Lisowsky, Mathew Ward,
Can’t believe I left out my favorite prospect in the draft!!! Nathan Gaucher!!! He’s #4 on this list above.

rt

May 13, 2004
He just turned 18 a few days ago. You have to be 18 on or before September 15 of the upcoming season. That’s how we missed out on Matthews by two days.
I shouldve read the thread before replying to my quote alert. Lol.

He’s less than two months older than the two top rated CHLers in the draft; Wright and Savoie.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Do we really want to relive how snakebit the Yotes have been with the draft? Even with so many bad seasons, the highest we've ever picked is 3rd, and those yielded Turris and Strome. :cry:

rt

May 13, 2004
Those are REALLY fun rankings. Very interesting to see someone like Ryan Kennedy have Cooley 2nd and Slafkovsky 3rd. While having Kemmel 6th and Savoie 9th. Meanwhile, I’d probably flip-flop all of that myself. Kemmel 2nd and Cooley 6th with Savoie 3rd and Slafkovsky 9th.

I wonder if we’d be able to get our 2nd ranked guy at #3 and then trade our other two firsts for 9th overall and still end up with the guy we have rated 3rd. Lol. At this VERY early stage it Seems entirely possible for this team to walk away with their 2nd and 3rd rated players in the whole draft. With a little luck and a little boldness.

rt

May 13, 2004
So given the 10 spot move-up maximum and the fact that there’s only two lottery drawings, there’s suddenly a HUGE advantage to being the 32nd ranked team rather than the 31st ranked team. Because there’s a set of odds for WINNING 1st (16.6%) and another set of odds for RETAINING 1st (9.1%), which is functionally the same outcome.

If you’re ranked 32nd, you have what ends up being a 25.7% chance of either winning or simply retaining 1st overall. Meanwhile, the 31st ranked team can’t retain, and can only win. That team has a 12.1% chance at 1st overall. The 32nd team has better than double the chance that the 31st team does.

Does anyone recall a time since multiple drawings were introduced that a team had better odds at 1st than 25.7% ? And further can anyone recall a bigger odds for 1st gap between the worst and second worst team than 13.6% ?

It’s really no wonder the Yotes have gone for the the most egregious tank in NHL history. No team has ever been this mathematically incentivized to do so.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Just did my first go on the tankaton site. We won, but with Colorado's pick.

1 Wright
3 Lambert
32 Verreault

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
Those are REALLY fun rankings. Very interesting to see someone like Ryan Kennedy have Cooley 2nd and Slafkovsky 3rd. While having Kemmel 6th and Savoie 9th. Meanwhile, I’d probably flip-flop all of that myself. Kemmel 2nd and Cooley 6th with Savoie 3rd and Slafkovsky 9th.

I wonder if we’d be able to get our 2nd ranked guy at #3 and then trade our other two firsts for 9th overall and still end up with the guy we have rated 3rd. Lol. At this VERY early stage it Seems entirely possible for this team to walk away with their 2nd and 3rd rated players in the whole draft. With a little luck and a little boldness.

Exactly what I'm hoping for. Imagine with a little trade creativity, walking away with Wright, Kemmel/Savoie, Jiricek/Nemec

But,I'm not even going to expect wright, Much less all the other fun...

rt

May 13, 2004
Just did my first go on the tankaton site. We won, but with Colorado's pick.

1 Wright
3 Lambert
32 Verreault
I just did my first spin. We won with our pick.

1 Wright
9 Jiricek
32 Verreault

I like Jiricek better than Lambert anyway. Haha.

And I know you and I both like Verreault a lot better than 32nd. So this great!

Reactions: Mosby

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I just did my first spin. We won with our pick.

1 Wright
9 Jiricek
32 Verreault

I like Jiricek better than Lambert anyway. Haha.

And I know you and I both like Verreault a lot better than 32nd. So this great!

The important question is do any of these prospects have glaring issues they need to take care of before they make it to the NHL. Like Strome's skating and shot, or Gormley's skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad