Speculation: The 2022 Hockey World Championship Thread (Dahlin, Asplund, Cozens, Hayden)

jn

May 12, 2006
Asplund has also accepted to play for Sweden in the World Championships.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Tage wants to make a world cup/olympic roster he needs to pay his dues

He went to the WC's last year and previously while with the Blues prior to the trade. If he's well, it would be great to see him go. I remember him having the back issue a couple of months ago - Don's words that "it locked up on him" - and wondering if that's a contributing factor.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
He went to the WC's last year and previously while with the Blues prior to the trade. If he's well, it would be great to see him go. I remember him having the back issue a couple of months ago - Don's words that "it locked up on him" - and wondering if that's a contributing factor.
Yeah, if he's injured he shouldn't try. I'd say though that it's very easy to accept that offer when you aren't much thought of, and similarly easy to turn it down once you are.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think the implication is that he's going to rest, workout, go to Dev Camp, then join the Nats in Edmonton for the delayed U20's in August prior to heading to the Sabres camp in September.
"Doesn't" was superfluous in my comment.

Abraham de Lacy

Henri Jokiharju is reported to have accepted the Finland team invitation to play the World Championship at home:

Playing in the World Championship in your home town is a unique opportunity. The World Championship is a big event for all Finish people.

Asked about Rasmus Dahlins participation he said with a grin:

The rivalry is already on!

Source: Första NHL-förstärkningen till Lejonen – Henri Jokiharju inspirerad av chansen att spela VM i hemstaden: "Ett unikt tillfälle"

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin, Joki, Asplund and Cozens. Will there be anyone else from Sabres players or is that all?

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
Would have rather seen Cozens stay home and bulk up, but I can't blame him for wanting to experience the Worlds

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It kinda seems this way every year. The American players in general just have never seemed as interested as other countries in participating in this tourney.
The USA and Canada hockey worlds simply do not value this tournament as much as European hockey communities do. I'm not sure Canadian players care any more than American players. Canada just has a much greater depth of decent-to-good players to draw from, so their rosters look better on paper and perform better on the ice.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Asplund played in the pre tourney today, in a weak swedish forward group he was probably the best forward IMO. Though Söderblom and maybe Berggren could’ve been better if they hadn’t been terribly misplaced by the coach (but that’s neither here nor there). My main point is Asplund is better than I expected, especially offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad