Prospect Info: The 2022/2023 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
raty hasn't shown anything at any level to warrant this kind of optimism. his last promising season was probably his age 16 season. he looks like someone who will be back in europe in two years

that's not to say he couldn't still improve but if you're being objective right now you shouldn't be expecting him to play significant nhl minutes anytime soon (caveat: sheldon dries, jack studnicka and lane pederson played significant nhl minutes for vancouver last season so...)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Better? Or more impactful? Nobody expects Raty to score 30 goals (though, given his age that remains a possibility at least). Horvat has now been a #1/#2 centre on 2 teams because he can score and is good on the draw. Raty will likely top out as a 3C but could be a strong match-up guy and decent PKer. His smarts should allow him to do better at those aspects of the game than Horvat.
We'll see in a couple of years how each case translates to winning. Again it's not probable that Raty is the more impactful player but I think it's a deeper question than scoring and being good on draws.

As above, I highly doubt Raty becomes a high end 2C but, in terms of impact, he could be a really important piece.

Yup, I like him as a prospect. I still think there's a better chance he ends up as a Tanner Pearson-esque heavy, two-way, middle six winger which would be totally fine.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
raty hasn't shown anything at any level to warrant this kind of optimism. his last promising season was probably his age 16 season. he looks like someone who will be back in europe in two years

that's not to say he couldn't still improve but if you're being objective right now you shouldn't be expecting him to play significant nhl minutes anytime soon (caveat: sheldon dries, jack studnicka and lane pederson played significant nhl minutes for vancouver last season so...)
Really you didnt even have the time to google his hockey DB page before making such a ridiculous statment? His +1 year he was a PPG in Liga

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009

Do me a quick favour and google his D+1 year stats.

We have the most powerful tool in the history of civilization called the internet/google, and people still refuse to use if and come up with BS like this. It’s actually mind-boggling.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Lockhart has scored to put the Petes up 3-0 vs North Bay.

At least Bloom hasn't been on the ice for any of the goals against.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Peterborough beat North Bay 3-2.

Lockhart: 1 goal, 1 assist, 6 shots (leading all players), +1. Second star.

Bloom: pointless, 2 shots, Even +/-. (I believe he was not on the ice for any goals, for or against.)

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Very happy with Peterbourgh winning last night and Lockhart continuing to play well . I’m still predicting the Pete’s in 6.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
North Bay spotted them 3 goals in the first then outshot them 30-8 in final two periods. Pete’s goalie was amazing. This looks to be another long series

Reactions: Lindgren

sting101

Feb 8, 2012

I'm gonna enjoy this quote in a couple yrs more than i am already.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

?

He scored almost a point-per-game in a men’s league in his draft+1 and then scored 10 points at last summer’s WJC.

Then was over 0.5 points/game this year as a very young AHL rookie, and was called up for 15 NHL games - the 2nd most of any player in that draft taken after #12 overall.

I have concerns about his skating and his upside but he’s shown considerable promise every year but his unexpectedly poor draft year.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
They're underway in North Bay: scoreless late in the first.

Update: scoreless after one.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Forgot how long ago it was that the Canucks drafted Lockhart.....and appears he needs an ELC by June or he's a UFA.

So what say you.....has he done enough to get signed and maybe land in Abbotsford next season?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
North Bay beats Peterborough 3-1.

Bloom had an assist on NB's first goal, finished +1.

Lockhart was pointless, -2.

The series is tied 1-1.

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Lockhart and Bloom, the two #18s, are underway again. It's the third game of the Peterborough/North Bay series, currently tied 1-1.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Peterborough wins it 3-2.

Both Bloom and Locky pointless but great game .

Petes scores the winning goal with 2:05 left in regulation

Reactions: Grantham

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
North Bay PP basically utilizes the same 5 players for almost the full 2 minutes. Bloom and Wakely both 30+ goal scorers and Romani (hot stick) see no time. Very confusing as it isn’t working and Coach keeps playing the same song every game

Reactions: m9, MS and Lindgren

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Yeah. I don't necessarily agree on his last "promising" season...but i do agree on the premise, and i think that's all framed by "expectations".

If you're more realistic and you adjust your frame of expectations to, "this guy could be a real solid #4C", i think it changes the discussion in a way where optimism makes more sense.

I just don't think a player who skates like that is going to find a lot of NHL success anywhere outside of a 4th line filler role where he might not be a bad player to have. He's got that profile of a guy with offensive ability who is held back by other shortcomings. But he's got size and he's not oblivious to defensive positioning...he could be a very okay 4th like Center for us. On a cheap deal. That's not nothing.

I just don't really see him having the traits or promise to be much more than a 4th line filler role guy. He's still got a long ways to go with his skating to even be at the level of a guy like Lowry, and he just isn't exactly built for the rest of what Lowry brings to the table there as a #3C.

If you get an Adam Lowry, minus some of the size, minus most of the physicality and grit, minus a bunch of the skating, minus all the leadership traits, and minus that superlative level of defensive awareness...Well, that'd be a fine outcome for Raty. That's probably still an NHL caliber 4th liner.

I just question the value of that, when you can get great veteran 4th liners every year for absolute peanuts on the UFA market. PDG is a prime example of that.

Reactions: CanucksMJL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad