Prospect Info: The 2022/2023 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lekkerimaki with four primary assists in the same period in the Allsvenskan playoffs; and Lockhart with a hat-trick in an elimination game in the OHL playoffs.

A couple of scoring wingers, albeit a little undersized, but lighting it up in the post-season. Doubt either guy gets signed before the end of next season, though.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lekkerimaki with four primary assists in the same period in the Allsvenskan playoffs; and Lockhart with a hat-trick in an elimination game in the OHL playoffs.

A couple of scoring wingers, albeit a little undersized, but lighting it up in the post-season. Doubt either guy gets signed before the end of next season, though.
Lockhart needs to be signed this offseason or we lose his rights.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
If Lockhart continues this level of play and the Petes make the OHL finals or the memorial cup I think he has a shot at an ELC. I didn’t think he would before but if he keeps this play up I believe he has a shot at one especially in an elimination games like the other poster just mentioned

If he goes cold again in the Eastern Conference finals he will be back in junior as an overager and we will lose his rights , how he finishes the playoffs is paramount for him to get a contract

Lek will absolutely be signed by the end of next season and will be here in 2024/2025 or perhaps even the end of next season he gets some games in Abby

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Let the Lockhart vs Bloom commence . This is going to be a lot of fun and I cannot believe it’s actually a reality

Bloom finishes off the series with a disappointing 1 point in 7 games

I’m predicting The Petes in 6 and become the eastern conference champions

Reactions: Lindgren

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Lockhart gas done great in the playoffs and has 8 points but is a plus 1. Bloom on the other hand has one point less (7) but is a plus 5 and has been shutting down top lines to help NB win.

Having said that, I really hope we sign Lockhart. Even though he is undersized he can skate and score. His game is much more one dimensional as compared to Bloom but well worth an ELC

Let the Lockhart vs Bloom commence . This is going to be a lot of fun and I cannot believe it’s actually a reality

Bloom finishes off the series with a disappointing 1 point in 7 games

I’m predicting The Petes in 6 and become the eastern conference champions
Going to go the other direction and say NB in 6.

Their size, depth and goaltending will get it done

Reactions: Grantham

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
This question could probably warrant it's own thread eventually but I think it's a little early yet.

What are the odds that Raty ends up having at least equivalent NHL impact as Horvat?

Some parts of Raty's game are very enticing (shot, defensive awareness, size/strength) while some need a lot of work (skating). I remember a time when it was more hope than a guarantee that Horvat would be more than a bottom 6 centre in the NHL.
It's not a great comparison because Raty may end up having lower point totals but being a better all around centre, kinda what a 3rd line centre should be.

Nevertheless, I am just curious to watch what relative impact Raty will have in the NHL compared to Horvat. If favourable, it will change that trade from decent to a huge win.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
This question could probably warrant it's own thread eventually but I think it's a little early yet.

What are the odds that Raty ends up having at least equivalent NHL impact as Horvat?

Some parts of Raty's game are very enticing (shot, defensive awareness, size/strength) while some need a lot of work (skating). I remember a time when it was more hope than a guarantee that Horvat would be more than a bottom 6 centre in the NHL.
It's not a great comparison because Raty may end up having lower point totals but being a better all around centre, kinda what a 3rd line centre should be.

Nevertheless, I am just curious to watch what relative impact Raty will have in the NHL compared to Horvat. If favourable, it will change that trade from decent to a huge win.
Raty becoming as good of a player as Bo would be a very big longshot at this point.

Bo improved his skating a lot to become the player he ended up being.
It is very rare for a player to be able to improve their skating that much. Possible, but not likely.

But, even if he can only improve his skating a little, his smarts might still allow him to be an effective 3rd line center.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I really love Yultron's man crush on Lockhart. Seems like such a random and unexpected prospect to Stan over, but I'm here for it.
It’s pretty funny as he probably has less than a 1% chance of playing a game for the Canucks but a little positivity is good once in awhile !

Reactions: alternate

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Raty becoming as good of a player as Bo would be a very big longshot at this point.

Bo improved his skating a lot to become the player he ended up being.
It is very rare for a player to be able to improve their skating that much. Possible, but not likely.

But, even if he can only improve his skating a little, his smarts might still allow him to be an effective 3rd line center.
I think this is exactly what we should be projecting for him. I'm not ruling out that he could become as prolific as Horvat but, yeah, unlikely. The fact that he's still very young, and is as strong as he is, gives me some hope that he could exceed these expectations.

Add: It's why I phrased the question using "NHL impact". He might not be the scorer that Horvat is but a very good 3rd line centre can have a huge impact.

Reactions: sting101

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

12%

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Maybe in jest but probably pretty close

It was only half a joke as it's probably the odds I would give it. Horvat was/is a high-end 2C for a long time and it's incredibly unlikely Raty ends up there.. even though I'm a big Raty fan.

Reactions: Vector

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead

He might turn into the guy Bo was supposed to be… a defensively solid 3C who can step up to 2C when necessary.
But that skating will have to improve if he’s going to be an NHL’er at all.

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
We've seen Horvat greatly improving his skating, so sometimes, we may expect another player could make the same level of improvement. I believe Horvat's early struggle with skating was worsened by additional weight he put on (Boeser syndrome) and lack of conditioning. He wasn't a burner but his skating looked okay in juniors.

Raty is already slim so I don't think we can expect as much improvement with his skating.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Horvat was a better NHL player at age 19 than Raty is an AHL player at age 20.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
He might turn into the guy Bo was supposed to be… a defensively solid 3C who can step up to 2C when necessary.
But that skating will have to improve if he’s going to be an NHL’er at all.
It's interesting, Horvat's skating had people slotting him in at the 3C position. There wasn't really anything at the junior level that would project to be solid defensively at the pro level.
In the end Horvat exceeded expectations from an offensive standpoint but never really established himself as a solid defensive player.
Raty is kinda the opposite based on his development path to date. He is solid defensively but doesn't project to be a big offensive contributor at the NHL level. His skating needs to improve and he does have some offeisnve skills. We'll see.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Horvat was a better NHL player at age 19 than Raty is an AHL player at age 20.

Better? Or more impactful? Nobody expects Raty to score 30 goals (though, given his age that remains a possibility at least). Horvat has now been a #1/#2 centre on 2 teams because he can score and is good on the draw. Raty will likely top out as a 3C but could be a strong match-up guy and decent PKer. His smarts should allow him to do better at those aspects of the game than Horvat.
We'll see in a couple of years how each case translates to winning. Again it's not probable that Raty is the more impactful player but I think it's a deeper question than scoring and being good on draws.

It was only half a joke as it's probably the odds I would give it. Horvat was/is a high-end 2C for a long time and it's incredibly unlikely Raty ends up there.. even though I'm a big Raty fan.

As above, I highly doubt Raty becomes a high end 2C but, in terms of impact, he could be a really important piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: alternate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad