Prospect Info: The 2022/2023 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Pure annihilation tonight by North Bay they are up 7-3 in the 3rd period

Bloom still pointless , North Bay will take the 3-2 series lead

Both Peterbourgh and North Bay are 1 win away from the Lockhart VS Bloom matchup

Reactions: Lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The playoffs in Abbotsford will be critical for kids like Bains, Klimovich, Karlsson, Raty and Silovs. The question is, which guy arrives in NHL first?

My guess it's Silovs first; since he's already gotten into games in Vancouver and might have the inside track on the backup in Vancouver if the Canucks run out of money and can't sign another veteran goaltender.

But I'm guessing that it'll be Bains, Karlsson, Raty and Klimovich in that order in terms of any NHL arrival.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
But I'm guessing that it'll be Bains, Karlsson, Raty and Klimovich in that order in terms of any NHL arrival.
Raty and Karlsson really need to work on their skating if they are going to see any NHL time. Raty, being younger, I think might be able to gain a step. Karlsson is a longer shot.
Bains I think sees some games next year.
Klim is probably still a year or two away... and only if he manages to develop some consistency with his good play. Two years from now he could just as easily be back in Europe.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Raty and Karlsson really need to work on their skating if they are going to see any NHL time. Raty, being younger, I think might be able to gain a step. Karlsson is a longer shot.
Bains I think sees some games next year.
Klim is probably still a year or two away... and only if he manages to develop some consistency with his good play. Two years from now he could just as easily be back in Europe.
This summer will be telling on how the revamped player development under new management is going to go. These young players need to work on specific things and they need to be spending significant time with them over the summer. Raty in particular...he thinks the game well and has the skills to be at the NHL level now but ONLY if he addresses the skating.

I'm hopeful the things they will be asking Boeser to do on the big club will be filtered down through everyone in the organization.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
Is it just me, but shouldn't every single player and prospect in the organization have a summer diet and workout regimen designed and implemented by the management, the team's trainers, their agent and other key (qualified) personnel?
Can your work enforce what to eat and what to do on your time off?
It can be suggested, but in their time off they get to decide what they want to do.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I don't expect they'd have a day-in-day-out meal plan, but strong guidelines to continue to meet nutritional targets. After all, these are professional athletes and million-dollar assets. Not some schmo on a laptop like me.

Something that the player themselves is a partner in developing, so that it would be consistent for them. Along with a customized workout plan (e.g. for a guy like Boeser seems like a must)

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
What they need to work on is communicated to them during exit interviews. Every pro league is basically the same with this. After that its up to them until training camp due to the cba.

Of course if they f*** up enough it can lead to contract termination.. but that takes a lot. ie Richards and his drug smuggling, Domestic Violence from that kings dman etc, Some leagues are a bit stricter with this.. but its their time off and in the cba's

Coming into camp out of shape isnt enough to break a contract, we saw it with chonk Virtanen. It just shows you dont give a shit

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Lockhart and Bloom are back at it tonight with their respective teams . Both the Pete’s and Battalion need just 1 win and the showdown between the two will commence

Reactions: Lindgren

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Connor Lockhart is back ! He scores his 2nd goal in two games and the Pete’s have added an insurance goal . 6 points in 10 playoff games now

2-0 Petes. 40 minutes away from a trip to the Eastern Conference Final

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Connor Lockhart has done it again and scores his 2nd of the game and is catching fire when the Pete’s need him the most and they are also catching fire

4-1 Petes and they are now 26 mins away from a trip to the ECF

1-1 North Bay and Barrie

Bloom finally gets a point in this series with a secondary assist

Last edited:

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Barrie has taken a 2-1 lead in the 2nd period . Looking to force a game 7

The Petes are now up 5-1 with 16 minutes to go in the 3rd and guess who does it again

Connor Lockhart baby!! His magical form continues as he completes the hatrick !!

5-1 Petes

Last edited:

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver
Is it just me, but shouldn't every single player and prospect in the organization have a summer diet and workout regimen designed and implemented by the management, the team's trainers, their agent and other key (qualified) personnel?

This reminds me of what Nathan MacKinnon apparently did in Colorado, diet-wise during the season.
Sounds like a great idea, if everybody buys in.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
The Peterbourgh Petes and Connor Lockhart have done it ! Lockhart’s hatrick goal was the winner . Ottawa scored 3 unanswered goals .

But the Petes hang on and have eliminated the OHL Regular Season Champions 5-4 and win the series 4 games to 2 and are moving on to the Eastern Conference Finals

North Bay and Barrie Dead locked at 2

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
No love for Bloom and his assist on a PP goal?

I explained that in an earlier post how he had an assist and finally got a point in the series

But Lockhart stole the show tonight , a Hatrick and the game winning goal to send the Petes to the ECF

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I explained that in an earlier post how he had an assist and finally got a point in the series

But Lockhart stole the show tonight , a Hatrick and the game winning goal to send the Petes to the ECF
I must have misssed it!

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I also wanna put this out here and kudos to Lockhart for battling through adversity and showing resilience and fighting his emotions .

According to the Toronto Stars Mike Davies Lockhart lost his grandma on Sunday .

We all know how hard it is to play hockey and lose someone close to you . Boeser is an example of that with his dad .

So proud of Lockhart for playing through his devastating situation while grieving the loss of his grandma and showing resilience.

May Janette Lockhart rest in piece

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I also wanna put this out here and kudos to Lockhart for battling through adversity and showing resilience and fighting his emotions .

According to the Toronto Stars Mike Davies Lockhart lost his grandma on Sunday .

We all know how hard it is to play hockey and lose someone close to you . Boeser is an example of that with his dad .

So proud of Lockhart for playing through his devastating situation while grieving the loss of his grandma and showing resilience.

May Janette Lockhart rest in piece
No shade, but are you related to Lockhart by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad