GDT: The 2022/2023 GDT Sign-Up Thread (that only really gets used until November)

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
So.

It is that time again.

The smells (of farts), the sights (of shit), the sounds (of big wet dumps).

Hockey season is right around the corner again and as is tradition around here we will spend 82 days arguing over who is this year's scapegoat, who sucks, and who among us is an idiot for liking player X over player Y for reasons that no-one really cares about. And with that comes GDTs!

Right now, everyone who's seeing my Username and the GDT tag (and knowing my GDT style) are sitting there like
shock-roxy-shock.gif

So, lets cover some rules here.

1. The GDTs are open for posting to anyone, even non-Devils fans.
Yes, even non-Devils fans can post a GDT, but just know we will likely laugh at you, unless the GDT is quite special. If you are popping in for a game, keep it honest and fair; if you're being a loser about it you will likely get kicked and the GDT deleted. I'm no mod, but I suspect I can guess how that will go for you.

2. Make it original.
Your GDT should pop and look pretty. Find your niche and stay to it. Some people stick to more normal things, some people have their known meme, and some... are on drugs. I am in the 3rd category, and I can guess that outside of like 3 people everyone gets scared when I post the GDT, because it is a cacophony of colors and angles that offends even me, and I made it. Find your muse, make your thing, and live up to it.

3. The GDT should be posted a few hours before the game.
We'd like to see it by noon the day of. If there's nothing up by like 2 hours before the game, someone will step in and make it. If you signed up for a specific game and you don't do it... well, I can't really do much but you will be shamed. SHAMED.

4. There is a win-streak system in play*.
So yeah. If you start a GDT and the team wins, you're on the hook for the next GDT. Rinse and repeat until the next loss, unless:
a) you ask to stop your streak, so someone else can GDT it up
b) the next game is a reserved game; that game will be posted by the reserved game-holder, then regardless of outcome of that reserved the next game is yours.

5. Playoffs are special.
The playoffs do not follow the normal structure. The first game of the play-offs are always spoken for regardless of Game 82. Each Round's game 1 is a reserved system. So if there's a sweep someone's making 4 GDTs in a row.

@TrufleShufle always gets the Finals.

Reserved Games:

1. Fri, Jan 13 @ Anaheim - Based Gusev Fan

And Behold, the LAZERHORSE

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm at work but am looking forward to seeing this post in all it's glory when I leave.

I can call the last second, no one wants to make a GDT since it's Thanksgiving and we are already eliminated from the playoffs GDTs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Was planning on making the GDT tonight but dealing with a sick toddler here. Can likely get one together eventually by midday but someone can certainly jump in and take this one if they’re up for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad