Prospect Info: The 2021 Entry NHL Draft Thread

Which Player Is The Most Interesting Thus Far?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
L'heureux will be a better pick and still Moosehead player

L’heureux would get benched so quickly by Bednar, but he’s a guy that could potentially be a massive homerun if he learns to play on the edge rather than over it.

Also, the scrum that got him his most recent suspension also had Barron try to murder the guy that slashed his goalie, which is great to see.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Reactions: McMetal

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
L’heureux would get benched so quickly by Bednar, but he’s a guy that could potentially be a massive homerun if he learns to play on the edge rather than over it.

Also, the scrum that got him his most recent suspension also had Barron try to murder the guy that slashed his goalie, which is great to see.
With the years he will increase in maturity and his game can become Tkachukuest.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The OHL is going to shutdown the season today. That will make for an even wilder 1st round... and there are going to be some mid round picks from the OHL that are huge risers.

IE whatever team selects Connor Lockhart is going to look like a complete genius in 2024 when he's a 60+ point player.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I watched the Bob McKenzie mid-ranking show and it felt like I was at Parliament in Canada, way over the top for some reason in this episode. Also, I don't get NHL scouts at all because I would love to know what Guenther has that Johnson or Eklund doesn't. It might be shiny new toy syndrome since WHL just recently started, but Eklund's talent level is closer to Guenther than it is to 10th overall or a mid-1st rounder.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Dammit...when they were born I was hoping they’d be the Czech/American Sedins. Alas, one of them is a defenseman so it wouldn’t happen anyway.
Yeah no chance of that... but on the good side Marek has NHL potential. He's more of a late to mid guy in 2022 right now, but somebody is likely to take a shot on him.

Behrens for the US last night showed every bit the good and the bad in his game. He's an electric player, but has some huge downsides. Pastujov was as advertised and if he plays that well this whole tournament, he's going to claw up to the top 10. Same with Chibrikov... he was actually probably the best overall player on day 1. So damn good. Lysell was also amazing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pastujov was as advertised and if he plays that well this whole tournament, he's going to claw up to the top 10. Same with Chibrikov... he was actually probably the best overall player on day 1. So damn good
Really? There is absolutely nothing that interest me about these Pastujov bros. Though I couldn't watch the game last night because nobody has it on the television.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah no chance of that... but on the good side Marek has NHL potential. He's more of a late to mid guy in 2022 right now, but somebody is likely to take a shot on him.

Behrens for the US last night showed every bit the good and the bad in his game. He's an electric player, but has some huge downsides. Pastujov was as advertised and if he plays that well this whole tournament, he's going to claw up to the top 10. Same with Chibrikov... he was actually probably the best overall player on day 1. So damn good. Lysell was also amazing.
Definitely agree Lysell was damn good yesterday but was surprisingly impressed with Danila Klimovich for Belarus the most. Big body who skates well and pulled off some high skill moves.

Other than Lysell liked Olsson and Rosen who are expected to be in the Avs range. Was pretty disappointed by Edvinsson though.

For Russia really liked Chibrikov and Svechkov, wouldn't mind them with the 1st. Pastujov is ok but reminds me of Jost especially the skating and being a Notre Dame commit don't see it improving like with Morrison.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Bob has Zach Dean ranked 32nd which is where we all hope the Avs are picking. Newhook + Dean? Yes b’y.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Really? There is absolutely nothing that interest me about these Pastujov bros. Though I couldn't watch the game last night because nobody has it on the television.
Watch Sasha... his hands and vision are great, but can mix it up with a plus shot. Solid all around play and motor (neither high end). He's sneaky physical too. That part of his game might mature a lot as he builds up strength.
Definitely agree Lysell was damn good yesterday but was surprisingly impressed with Danila Klimovich for Belarus the most. Big body who skates well and pulled off some high skill moves.

Other than Lysell liked Olsson and Rosen who are expected to be in the Avs range. Was pretty disappointed by Edvinsson though.

For Russia really liked Chibrikov and Svechkov, wouldn't mind them with the 1st. Pastujov is ok but reminds me of Jost especially the skating and being a Notre Dame commit don't see it improving like with Morrison.

Edvinsson didn't have a good game. He's an all the tools sort of guy and projection. Maybe the most raw high end defensive prospect in the draft.

Notre Dame has produced great skaters before and actually improved a number of them. Bryan Rust is a clear example. Just because Morrison didn't take a leap doesn't mean that is a flaw at Notre Dame. That said, Sasha will never be an elite skater... NHL average with a 6'1" 195-200lbs frame. His strengths lie more in his hands and IQ than anything else in his game. He's got the ability to dominate this tournament offensively and that will shoot him up the boards.

Last edited:

ndmd99

Apr 9, 2018
Watch Sasha... his hands and vision are great, but can mix it up with a plus shot. Solid all around play and motor (neither high end). He's sneaky physical too. That part of his game might mature a lot as he builds up strength.

Edvinsson didn't have a good game. He's an all the tools sort of guy and projection. Maybe the most raw high end defensive prospect in the draft.

Notre Dame has produced great skaters before and actually improved a number of them. Bryan Rust is a clear example. Just because Morrison didn't take a leap doesn't mean that is a flaw at Notre Dame. That said, Sasha will never be an elite skater... NHL average with a 6'1" 195-200lbs frame. His strengths lie more in his hands and IQ than anything else in his game. He's got the ability to dominate this tournament offensively and that will shoot him up the boards.

Think your Pastujov assessment is spot on. His main strengths are hands/IQ. Skating is average but never gonna be elite. He's got a good shot and can score goals from anywhere on the ice. Watching him on the PP, he looks like a Rantanen clone (albeit smaller and he doesn't topple over on Bambi legs as often).

Thought this was one of his best highlights this year. In this scenario (under a minute left down a goal) most players that get the puck where he does will fire it on net. He has the IQ to note the G pushing out aggressively to cut down the angle, vision to see Lucius coming open, patience to wait for the right moment, and hands to get it aver the D's stick to Lucius for the easy tap in.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Klimovich looking good again today. His shot has a lot of power behind it and he can change angles on the release. He's showing some skills that will get him drafted.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Brad Lambert is going to be a beast when he makes it back across the pond.
That's why I don't buy all the Wright hype at 1st overall. He's a poorer skater than Lambert, while both have - at this point in time - similar-ish talent level. Lambert is a better playmaker, Wright is a better scorer and I think Shane can overtake him if he increases his ability to dominate in the goal column.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That's why I don't buy all the Wright hype at 1st overall. He's a poorer skater than Lambert, while both have - at this point in time - similar-ish talent level. Lambert is a better playmaker, Wright is a better scorer and I think Shane can overtake him if he increases his ability to dominate in the goal column.

I think in many ways, the team at 1 and their style will determine who goes #1. Lambert and Wright are going to have different strengths in the NHL and how a team wants to build or is already built will have a lot to do with it. Excited to see how Wright has progressed this year, even if he is going to be a bit rusty.

Lambert will be so good and electric.

Yup... see everybit franchise center in him. Whatever team snags him will be very happy.

Reactions: S E P H and Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Klimovich completes the hat trick... goals 2 and 3 were basically the same exact play and terrible PKing by the Swiss. Still credit where credit is due... he found soft spots and dove down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad