GDT: The 2019 NHL Entry Draft | June 21st - 22nd | 8:00 p.m. EDT (NBCSN, SN, TVAS)

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is Canada turning less and less into a hockey loving country?

More NBA 1st rounders were Canadian this year than ever before.

Less Canadians are going in the first round of the NHL draft.

Raptors finals games had monster ratings throughout Canada.

More minority births in Canada.
The increased push to organize sports and keep everybody safe with all of the equipment (due to the injury risk) has made hockey incredibly expensive. Canada does a much better job of limiting those costs for parents, but the game's popularity is likely going to run into some trouble in the coming years.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
All my friends are messaging me going WTF who is this guy?

I live in Vancouver. I am trying to tell him Podkolzin is a few years out but will be a good top 6.

Reactions: DFC

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
The increased push to organize sports and keep everybody safe with all of the equipment (due to the injury risk) has made hockey incredibly expensive. Canada does a much better job of limiting those costs for parents, but the game's popularity is likely going to run into some trouble in the coming years.
Dont you think this has a lot to do with an increase in the minority population and their gravitation towards baseketball as opposed to hockey? Basketball just seems to be entrenched in the youthful ("hip-hop") culture.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Is Canada turning less and less into a hockey loving country?

More NBA 1st rounders were Canadian this year than ever before.

Less Canadians are going in the first round of the NHL draft.

Raptors finals games had monster ratings throughout Canada.

More minority births in Canada.
It's not crazy to think R.J. Barrett is probably the sports story of the weekend in Canada.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Looks like he'd be a solid #4

Yeah that’s possible but unless they can really develop him offensively that’s about the best case for him. With some good players still left it’s such a weird pick.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yeah that’s possible but unless they can really develop him offensively that’s about the best case for him. With some good players still left it’s such a weird pick.

Yeah, I don't think Arizona should be making the safe selection

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad