GDT: The 2019 NHL Entry Draft | Day 2 starts at 1pm EST | TOR holds 53, 84, 115, 124, 146, 204 & 208

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsleafs

Jul 12, 2006
Here
That staring yourself blind on one attribute isn't very valuable, especially not on a draft where we'd be lucky if two of these picks matter at all.

Agree on that.

And two might be pushing it.

Unless Bergman gets the rest of the picks.

Just don’t like the myopic view displayed so far. Sure, there are trades and FA, and let’s hope the Leafs do well there.

Drafting a guy with size once in a while isn’t a bad thing.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander gets paid the same per game over the course of his contract as anyone else who signed a $7.5 contract. His $6.96 cap hit going forward is only because he sat out for a third of this season (not to mention he didn't bother showing up in shape for the remaining 2/3rds). Teravainen is a good deal, Larkin is a good deal, Pastrnak is a good deal, Nylander is a bad deal.

Tavares at $11 would have been a bad deal if he was a RFA.

What a mess.

No point in continuing.

Reactions: Kelly

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Gylander? Feels like they're just making names up this far into the draft.

Actually not a bad prospect. He was apparently attracting interest by multiple teams and I'm surprised he didn't go earlier.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
I'm gonna be surprised if Cole Mackay doesn't find his way to Toronto in the last two picks, assuming he doesn't get picked before.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Detroit got Carter Gylander? Feels like they're just making names up this far into the draft.
That reminds me of the names I used to make up when I was a kid creating my own imaginary hockey teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad