Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
They have tremendous skill and had the same question marks during their draft year's. Both 1st rounders? Lots of examples of family lineage being successful , i mean why I Hughes going #1 if there is no possibility of him amounting to anything :dunno:.

I mean come on guys it's not like he's rated in the 4th round. After the top 15 or so this year it's a crapshoot anyway .

I'm sure Hughes' draft status has nothing to do with him breaking records and putting up stellar numbers everywhere he goes, it's simply because he is Quinn Hughes' brother.

Reactions: Meeqs and McMetal

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
They have tremendous skill and had the same question marks during their draft year's. Both 1st rounders? Lots of examples of family lineage being successful , i mean why I Hughes going #1 if there is no possibility of him amounting to anything :dunno:.

I mean come on guys it's not like he's rated in the 4th round. After the top 15 or so this year it's a crapshoot anyway .

Terrific logic. A+ really.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
How about Devon Toews? Reinharts? Ted Drury? Jared Staal? Fedor Fedorov? Marcus Foligno? Steven Gionta? Markus Granlund? Freddie Hamilton? Kevin Hatcher? Marcel Hossa? Countless others?
Hatcher was a star defense man and the other Staal boys are or were pretty good. I mean the Howe's , Stastnys , Hunters and Sutters were pretty good.Brett Hull turned out ok.

Nick I rated in the 1st round , most of the examples you used weren't

Last edited:

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

I think you're missing the point. No ones saying anything about Suzuki. Rather that you can't use his brother's success as a reason to pick him. You have to treat him as an individual.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Um family. genes , Ryan is the best player in junior :dunno:

My bad, you’re right.

They could even break records together.

Screen-Shot-07-28-16-at-07.35-PM-1.png

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
I think you're missing the point. No ones saying anything about Suzuki. Rather that you can't use his brother's success as a reason to pick him. You have to treat him as an individual.
Yes I know , but see I g how good Ryan has be co e should turn some attention to Nick . The same way it did for the Tkhachuk's . Seeing Matthew rise to stardom certainly nullified any concerns about Brady

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
To call Hatcher a plug is so outlandish it boggles the mind. Is that more clear?
That was the meat and potatoes of his game , he wasn't an offensive player by any means . Kevin was and had far more ability .

What boggles my mind is you think Barrie is worth 10 mil and is a #1 d so arguing with you is rather pointless :laugh: What I do know I you're not close to 6' tall bahaha

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
That was the meat and potatoes of his game , he wasn't an offensive player by any means . Kevin was and had far more ability .

What boggles my mind us you think Barrie is worth 10 mil and us a #1 d so arguing with you is rather pointless :laugh: What I do know I you're not close to 6' tall bahaha

What in the actual flying F?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

What boggles my mind is you think Barrie is worth 10 mil and is a #1 d so arguing with you is rather pointless :laugh: What I do know I you're not close to 6' tall bahaha

Now we're making shit up as well? And no, I'm not close to 6'. I'm two inches taller than that. Not that it matters.

Kevin had more ability in the sense that he didn't give a flying toss about giving an ounce of effort defensively and made Housley look like Rod Langway in comparison.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
lol maybe, but Joe has had PR-training...he isn’t just your average schmoe. And answering a hypothetical instead of the question asked of you is a very common technique for sidestepping topics you don’t want to answer specifically; since you make the interviewer feel like you’re engaging & giving them something, rather than combating them with cliches that say absolutely nothing at all.
No, I get that

My point is that you can do that without going as far as Joe did. I say use the cliche for BPA, but you can discuss it without going an extra step further like Joe did and still a hypothetical, more engaging answer

I mean, ultimately even your interpretation is just claiming he didn’t really mean anything more than saying BPA

Which would mean answering it like he did, with that intent, is just misleading

It’s an interpretation of what he said that seems more like you’re starting of an assumption of what he wanted to say and working backwards, rather than taking what he said and working on what it means and why

It’s just way too roundabout to think he did it on purpose to achieve that, imo. Much less compelling of logic to me than he let a little of the truth slip while trying to give that sort of answer, or if he tried to be vague and essentially said whatever

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
https://thehockeywriters.com/ryan-suzuki-2019-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Mckenzie has him 12 :dunno: anyhow apparently not of interest to any on here , no big deal

Ryan is a good player, people are just giving you a hard time. More to the point that just because his brother is playing well, doesn’t mean he will.

It all depends who we take a 4. Aside from Timmins and Meloche, the Avs have shit all for defensemen. If the Avs go Byram at 4, then Suzuki would be fine, but if it’s Turcotte then I’d rather Soderstrom/York if possible.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
https://thehockeywriters.com/ryan-suzuki-2019-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

Mckenzie has him 12 :dunno: anyhow apparently not of interest to any on here , no big deal
He's definitely of interest at our pick. Even more so if we pick Byram at 4 imo. But the reason you got flack earlier wasn't because of supporting Suzuki but you trying to use his brothers success as support.

His brother has developed well but Ryan is a different player and person. His success or failure will have nothing to do with how his brother does.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
He's definitely of interest at our pick. Even more so if we pick Byram at 4 imo. But the reason you got flack earlier wasn't because of supporting Suzuki but you trying to use his brothers success as support.

His brother has developed well but Ryan is a different player and person. His success or failure will have nothing to do with how his brother does.
Yeah my main point was could he move up some spots in the draft based on influence reflected upon his brothers play. I know they aren't the same player but it's might be something to consider at 16:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad