Prospect Info: The 2019 Entry NHL Draft Thread - Part IV

Avs are currently 42nd overall in the second as of 3/12, who you got?

• Jamieson Rees, C [Sarnia Sting, OHL]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I love me some Cozens, but I think it would be hard to say no top another 2/3 defender with the potential to be more after grabbing Hughes (even if I have Cozens over Byram). Likewise with Turcotte, he just has the impact to break a game a bit more than Cozens has. But don't get me wrong, I have had days where I drool over the thoughts of a 2nd line involving Hughes passing the puck to Kaliyev or another top calibre winger in this draft including potentially Cozens. I actually love the idea of a 2nd line pair involving Landeskog - Cozens as well.

I totally get it. I'd love to pair Byram and Makar because the concerns about Byram's lack of a dynamic quality is offset by Makar's. I do really like how Byram can be a workhorse that plays with consistency and is already pretty good defensively. That could be a pairing that plays nearly half the game, and that would take a huge load off the rest of this team.

There's a lot of possiblities out there, and I'd love to be in a position to be making it.

Would also just be downright amazing if we lucked into the 1 and 2. Kakko and Hughes would compliment each other really nicely, they'd just need a aggressive forechecker that can shoot.

Reactions: S E P H

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I totally get it. I'd love to pair Byram and Makar because the concerns about Byram's lack of a dynamic quality is offset by Makar's. I do really like how Byram can be a workhorse that plays with consistency and is already pretty good defensively. That could be a pairing that plays nearly half the game, and that would take a huge load off the rest of this team.

There's a lot of possiblities out there, and I'd love to be in a position to be making it.

Would also just be downright amazing if we lucked into the 1 and 2. Kakko and Hughes would compliment each other really nicely, they'd just need a aggressive forechecker that can shoot.

...so someone like Zucker :naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Honestly, I think Zucker would like fantastic with MacK and Rants. That frees up Landeskog for Hughes and Kakko.

Him & Spurgeon may be the two Wild that I'd most want to add now that Haula's gone. Here's to hoping that Fenton overplays his hand with Calgary this offseason & we can swoop in with Kerfoot's rights+2nd+ when they walk away from negotiations :crossfing

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
No doubt you get Hughes or Kakko and either Podkolzin, Turcotte, or Byram. It becomes really interesting if Avs select Kakko since he's a winger and if that's the case I would probably value Turcotte over Byram. If we get Hughes, I would probably put Byram over another forward.

But BPA

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Im just hoping we dont get pick three. Top 2 are franchise guys. Dont think theres a consensus who we would pick at 3 and we wouldnt be able to piss and moan about getting screwed with best odds and worst pick. We need to be really happy or really pissed. No inbetween
The third pick will be a a real test for whatever scouting staff has that pick. It's the best of the rest and there are several good options in that spot.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Adding Makar, this pick and one quality FA to the Avs will make some a huge difference. A team that is basically low level playoffs will begin competing next year. The usual doom and gloom of Avs HF is misplaced.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wonder what Consentino is referring to when he states "there is some background noise surrounding this player," in reference to Dach?
Probably injuries I think? Consentino is really breaking my heart, not that he has Hughes 2nd overall, but every time he keeps speaking he keeps turning to be wrong. His coverage on the 2018 draft in particular was atrocious where he will be wrong on many, many things.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Stupid question #Frankly, I’ve lost count:

How do scouts identify a Kucherov or Point, or Mark Messier in rd 2, Drury in rd 3, Hejduk rd 4, etc? Are they close, but have 1 or 2 areas to shore up? If so, how do they slip so far in the draft? Is it development? Is it dumb luck? Combination of everything?

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
If everyone in front of us continues winning and we end up out of the POs who are we rooting for in the 8-13 range?

Whoever drops? Knight? Any personal favourites?

Boldy seems like a guy that could slot into a productive role sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad