Confirmed with Link: The 2019-2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion: Islanders vs Lightning Round 3

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not a fan of that Sunday Game. I work Next Sunday 8-4 so I will miss the first period.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Caps fan here. Just want to say congrats on the series win against the Flyer and Goodluck against Tampa.
I have to say the Isles dominated the Flyers. No way it should have gone 7 games. It should have been over in 5.
This team is very lucky to have Trotz as their hard coach. Alot of Caps fans disliked his style because it wasn't flashy enough. I love his style of coaching. He has the Isles playing a very structured and disciplined game. It's the way r he game is meant to be played. Everyone thinks of the Islanders as a defensive team but they are proving that they can put the puck in the net as well.
They are a great forechecking team and cycle the puck very well. In these playoffs they have spent a lot of time in the opponents zone.
And for the record I miss Trotz as our coach. Can't believe we let him walk and replaced him with Reirden after winning the Stanley Cup. If only we could turn back the clock.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Excited, but don't know what to make of the series. TBL is an excellent team.

I thought the Isles were going to blow the series against PHI. Their goalie literally kept them in the series.

Reactions: scott99

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This is the series that scares me the most. I was sure we could beat Florida and Washington. I knew the Flyers were going to be tough but beatable. Even though the Bolts fans feel they don't match up well against us their game is currently on another level. They're a machine. If we're able to beat them it's because we continued our style of play. If we start chasing the game the Lightning are able to dictate we're going to be quick work for them. This is going to be the toughest opponent we face.

Since I'm always a believer that good defense stops good offense, Isles in 6.

Reactions: 19 in a row

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
They're not gonna schedule against their own Sunday night game.

Looks like they might be doing just that actually. I just saw that the game is actually scheduled for 8:00 Sunday night.

edit: I’m not sure now, some places are saying 3:00 and a couple others are saying 8:00:help:

Last edited:

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Too much talent and experience on that TB team to lose confidence because they lost the series opener.

It would be great to win game 1 and send the message it will be dangerous to underestimate this nyi team.
Their recent playoff showings say otherwise. They’ve been the “most talented team” for 5 years now and have done nothing.

Reactions: joekono

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Their recent playoff showings say otherwise. They’ve been the “most talented team” for 5 years now and have done nothing.

Hedman always gets hurt for like 5 games which kills them randomly in series. The rest of the D is iffy at times and Vas has his moments for sure. The offense isn’t what has held them back, that’s for sure

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
Super happy to be through to the ECF and so proud of the team.

FLA, WSH, and PHI are good teams, but they are all flawed in one way or another. Tampa Bay has no weaknesses and will be our toughest test thus far.

With that being said, they are definitely beatable. I know Trotz will have the boys ready to go and bringing their best. LGI!!!

Reactions: beach and buud

scott99

May 13, 2005
Tampa has it all, size, speed, offensive firepower with their forwards, a very talented defense that can kill you offensively as well. Great goaltending. Isles in 4.

Just playing. They are a serious challenge for any team. They just crushed the Bruins. I really think they are the toughest team. And they are doing all of this without Stamkos, and their other stars missed games (Kucherov & Hedman). They are just really good.

That being said, the Isles goals scored per game average is the highest of any team in the playoffs. So they are having success offensively. They have a ridiculous record when scoring 3+ goals. If they can play like they did in game 7 against Philly, they are REALLY tough to beat. I think THIS Islander’s team is the most confident team I’ve seen in almost 40 years. And when they face adversity, they have Trotz.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Wow, the ECF!! I was in friggin' high school in 1993!

I want to say it's all gravy from here on out, but that would just be nonsense. I want them to win this round and the next and will probably be gutted if they don't. It won't be easy, but it shouldn't be. It's the ECF!!!

The scary thing is that they made it. They're in the ECF. Still hard to fathom it after all these years. Again, I have no idea where the Isles go from here as TB is really, really good. Just excited to be here.

Reactions: Strummergas

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
TB had 128 pts last season. I thought they peaked too early Also,Hedman's nagging injury carried over from the regular season.A big blow for them.

There is way too much talent and experience among that group for them to crumble because they lose game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad