THE 2019-2020 'ADAM GRAVES' 6 IN 5 THREAD

Do we hit our goal of 96-100pts this year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
19-20.jpg

Not the start we all hoped for. 4 pts and a 1-2-2 start is the exact same as last year.
Goaltending looks solid, love both Bob and Montembeault.
The defense is a serious work in progress (Weegar - Ekblad, Matheson - Stralman is looking better each period). Yandle has been horrible, scares me everytime he's one on one in our end.

But...

The offense has been even worse imo, they have no control and look laboured. Hoping this is the rust coming off but giving them 10 games to sort out Q's plans but we could use a BIG game in NJ to breed any bit of confidence. Acciari has been great!
Barkov, Yandle and Vatrano need to get their shit together.

The next 5 aren't easy. We should beat NJ but COL, NSH, PIT and CGY with some travel and one away-home-away-home-away is a tough go and a weird rhythm, so we need our Captain to be the player we all know he can be. When he struggles, the whole team does. Good to see Hoffman and Dadonov doing their part, they wanna get paid.

LET'S GO KITTENS! WAKE THE f*** UP AND PLAY WITH SOME EMOTION!!

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
True, not the start we were hoping for. but thankfully, it's still very early.

Totally agree about the goaltending. It looked like our strong point beginning the season, and it's totally lived up to the hype.

I agree about the defense. They've look sloppy at times, but the 4 you mentioned above are looking better and better. Something has to be figured out with Yands. He is not looking like he used to. Brown has been disappointing as well. Maybe Pysyk should get more of an opportunity.

Are for the forwards, they have been disappointing this year, especially our top forwards coming into the year. I will give it to Daddy though, after his awful game against Carolina, and slow start in Buffalo, he's played like a totally different player. The fourth line has been dominating all year. IMO our best player has been Hunt. If he had a little more Puck luck, everyone here would be talking about him all the time. Malgin has been a pleasant surprise this year as well. I think he fits Q's mold as in north-south type player very well. I would like to see Borgy in for Hawk next game. No sense talking about line combos, as Q has the blender going full speed right now trying to get a hit. Unless you're part of the fourth line, then you're not safe.

I know they'll find their Rhythm here sooner rather than later. Stats and math don't lie, and that says they're doing a lot right. I can see a big game coming offensively in the near future. Hopefully that game comes before their trip out West.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Set two:

@ NJ - W - feel like we are due to Breakout, and this is the point to do it again. Big win tomorrow afternoon.

COL - W - going to be confidence Riding High after the big win on Monday in NJ, and follow up with a nice Victory against a good team.

@ NSH - OTL - follow that up by going on the road and playing a good team in Nashville. Have a good game but ultimately lose in their Barn in extra-time. If that's the case, hopefully before the SO again. Would suck to lose another one of those.

PIT - W- after strong game in Nashville that we ultimately lose, come back home and beat a team Riding High right now, but they hopefully cooled off in a week.

@ CGY - L - after a good week, start a Western Road Trip. Ultimately fail and lose our first game against a good Western team.

7 Pts

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Set two:

@ NJ - W - feel like we are due to Breakout, and this is the point to do it again. Big win tomorrow afternoon.

COL - W - going to be confidence Riding High after the big win on Monday in NJ, and follow up with a nice Victory against a good team.

@ NSH - OTL - follow that up by going on the road and playing a good team in Nashville. Have a good game but ultimately lose in their Barn in extra-time. If that's the case, hopefully before the SO again. Would suck to lose another one of those.

PIT - W- after strong game in Nashville that we ultimately lose, come back home and beat a team Riding High right now, but they hopefully cooled off in a week.

@ CGY - L - after a good week, start a Western Road Trip. Ultimately fail and lose our first game against a good Western team.

7 Pts

W @ NJ
OTL vs COL
W @ NSH
W vs PIT
L vs CGY

Kind of happy I may go 4 for 5 on my last set there.
I'll even take a ALWGAP against CGY.
We needed this 5 game set to pay off and boy did it ever!
Let's go streaking and get 9 pts here! Would put us around 100pt pace!

Cheers to you on your perfect set so far. I wasn't far off, just had an OTL in the wrong spot. I hope we're both wrong for game number 5.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Cheers to you on your perfect set so far. I wasn't far off, just had an OTL in the wrong spot. I hope we're both wrong for game number 5.

I did notice when I first posted the set.
Atta boy, still got the amount of points right so far! We always play iffy IN CGY for some reason but would be happy to be proven otherwise.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
19-20.jpg

Awesome set here against some really good teams.
Don't know why we can never play defense in CGY.
ALWGAP though and now back on track.
Loser points do count after all.

EDM just had a big comeback win, should be a good game Sunday afternoon. Better be ready for them, not an easy set ahead but 6-7 pts minimum is needed.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Oilers - W (my biggest hot take but I feel like Oilers are more due for a loss)
Canucks - W (Montembeault stands strong and carries us to a win)
Avalanche - L (exhausted team gets blown out as we're just waiting to get back home)
Detroit - W (Detroit a mess, can't afford to lose this one)
Capitals - L (might be a close one, might not be, might be an OTL, might be an OTW, might be an L, might be a W, I really don't know so I went conservative)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1