THE 2019-2020 'ADAM GRAVES' 6 IN 5 THREAD

Do we hit our goal of 96-100pts this year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Might be just that I'm used to it but personally I'm a fan of the 3-2-1 system.
3 points for a regulation win, 2 for OT/SO win, 1 point OT/SO loss. Makes a regulation win worth more and also ensures that there's the same amount of points "awarded" each year, which seems like it would matter especially in a division/wildcard system.
I get why it's probably never going to happen for historical reasons, but I like it much better than the current option.

Reactions: PantherboyHTR

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Might be just that I'm used to it but personally I'm a fan of the 3-2-1 system.
3 points for a regulation win, 2 for OT/SO win, 1 point OT/SO loss. Makes a regulation win worth more and also ensures that there's the same amount of points "awarded" each year, which seems like it would matter especially in a division/wildcard system.
I get why it's probably never going to happen for historical reasons, but I like it much better than the current option.

Somehow I missed your post, but I think the exact same thing.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
19-20.jpg

After going 1-2-2, we've gone 3-0-2 than 3-1-1 so it's good to see we don't give up easy points but we need to close out games against good competition more consistently.
With the QOC though, we are making it work and could easily be headed for 10+ "loser points" but I DGAF.
Get in any way you can!

2 games against NYR, even if one is b2b and one against WPG. Need those wins!
We can get another 6-7 pts here and that's another win in the long term.
I believe in them, we need that home stretch to be the focus for the next 6 weeks.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't really have time to do a write-up, but I think this might be a big set for us and Q, win number 900!

Set 4:

At NYI - L
At NYR - W
At BOS - W
Vs WPG - W (#900)
Vs NYR - W

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Don't really have time to do a write-up, but I think this might be a big set for us and Q, win number 900!

Set 4:

At NYI - L
At NYR - W
At BOS - W
Vs WPG - W (#900)
Vs NYR - W

Hopefully my prediction is a right one. :nod:

Tough start to the set, but I could easily see them knocking off four straight W's now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Set 4:

At NYI - L
At NYR - W
At BOS - W
Vs WPG - W (#900)
Vs NYR - W

19-20.jpg

Off to a good start on the predictions amigo.

Well, 8-4-5....it's not pretty but it's workable. If we get to 24-25 pts in the next 3 games, we remain on a 100ish pace
A win against BOS would be ideal as we are better than WPG and NYR but it is BOS.
One more road game and then 4 straight at home, as well as 14 of 16 at home.
And those 6 games after BOS are against "weaker" competition imo. CAR and BUF are sliding right now

So beat BOS and be 9-4-5 and have barely any travel ahead, this needs to be a 5 week stretch where we get 20-24 of those 32 points available.
40-45 pts by game 35 would be awesome, will be difficult though but this team is bi-polar, unpredictable but oh so exciting.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
19-20.jpg

Now have another chance at a 8pt set here but 6-7 should be minimum.
If we do lock up 8 pts, we jump up to a 110 pt pace and that is an achievable goal for this team.
Sooooo damn impressed with that win in BOS. They don't give up outside 2-3 games this year
Let's keep the good times rolling into this home stand.

Hoffman woke up the last couple games, Trocheck has become the SO King
Monty came up big coming in cold and Huberdeau and Yandle have big nights.
That may be one of my fave wins of the last year or two.

To quote Q, HFTABW!! <<-- new for HOLY f*** THAT'S A BIG WIN!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Another successful set

19-20.jpg

We've erased the 4pt set to start the year and remain on a 100+pt pace for two straight sets.
If we can ever figure out this lowering of GAA, we will remain in a top 3 Atlantic spot and happy they got the much needed regulation win to end the set for Q's 900th.
I like the resolve of this group, it's firing on all cylinders offensively but just need to continue to drill in the defensive side.
Bob held it down and needed that win. Great group effort, Huberdeau is reassuring his status as ELITE.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
vs PHI - W
vs ANA - W
@ CAR - L
vs BUF - W
@ WSH - OTL

7pts. Would love to beat CAR, seems to be our kryptonite last few years. Lost 7 of our last 8 against them.
We are better than PHI and ANA.

BUF are sliding but Eichel can light us up. Coin flip but saying gutsy win on a back to back

Expect a tired group vs WSH after 3 games in 4 nights but comeback cats are never out of it. ALWGAP

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Set Five:

Vs Philadelphia W
Vs Anaheim W
At Carolina W
Vs Buffalo W
At Washington L

I think we can put another little streak together here. Philadelphia and Anaheim both look very beatable right now. Carolina isn't playing their best hockey also, and we're due to beat them. I think Q gets the Panthers up and make some importance of winning this game.
Think we eventually run out of Steam and lose to a very good Washington team in their building.

8 point set

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->