GDT: The 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( All General Talk )

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
People will probably disagree with me, but watching Ovechkin was by far the most fun I've ever watched a player in the playoffs. Sure, others have had more productive postseasons, but Ovechkin's emotions as well as going into destiny-tank-man on a mission-mode had to bring a lot of people to root for him last night. NHL needs more players like him in which you can market the game like the NBA has even if NBA's product is trash.

I think I was going for the Caps so Alex's legacy of failure was tarnished, but I really wanted a long serious; possibly even a game 7. However, VGK really deserved to lose the Cup. Allowing the Caps to have that many opportunities without a defender out in front constantly was asking to get scored on, along with the special teams battle where Washington murdered Knights in.

Playoffs were okay though - a real lack of OT throughout the postseason, but especially in the conference finals made it boring. The Finals were great though, if hockey can be played like that for now on it should become the fastest growing sport.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Only got to see the first period before crashing so I'm watching it now. Man seeing Ovi and his raw emotion just gives you goosebumps. Not to mention Oshie, I always liked him as a player but man he got me choked up too.

Just a great year of hockey, straight up.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not that even keel is necessarily a bad approach for certain players and teams, but it's nice to see a team show that you can still play with passion and enthusiasm and let it guide you to the Stanley Cup.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
NHL rules state that a player must have at least 41 games played with the team or appear in at least one Stanley Cup Final game to qualify for name inscription. Bowey played in 51 regular season games for Washington in 2017-18 and Walker played in one game in the postseason.

Nathan ****ing Walker lads!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
People will probably disagree with me, but watching Ovechkin was by far the most fun I've ever watched a player in the playoffs. Sure, others have had more productive postseasons, but Ovechkin's emotions as well as going into destiny-tank-man on a mission-mode had to bring a lot of people to root for him last night. NHL needs more players like him in which you can market the game like the NBA has even if NBA's product is trash.

In my perception I feel like most fanbases esp after this season have fallen in or back in love with Ovi on a personal level more than Sid. I def have. He looks like this crazy bear wrestling Putin loving hockey crazed uncle while Sid could be a preacher's son for all i know.
If im the league's marketing dept im all about Ovi right now

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
NHL rules state that a player must have at least 41 games played with the team or appear in at least one Stanley Cup Final game to qualify for name inscription. Bowey played in 51 regular season games for Washington in 2017-18 and Walker played in one game in the postseason.

Did Walker play in a Cup Final game or just a Playoff game?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

@Sea Eagles will be so proud!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How does everyone rank Backstrom as a passer? I think the only person I’d rank above him from current players in Thornton.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I saw on twitter that no first overall picks in the last 10 years has won the cup up to this date. Pretty surprising. (only active ones are MAF, Crosby, Ovi and Kane)

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I saw on twitter that no first overall picks in the last 10 years has won the cup up to this date. Pretty surprising. (only active ones are MAF, Crosby, Ovi and Kane)

2bwi30.jpg

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well, only five teams have won a cup in the last 10 years.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
So god damn happy for Ovi and the Caps. Glad I got to watch him win it finally. Main thing that sucks is no hockey for a long time :cry:

BTW, who won the bracket challenge? I can't find the link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad