GDT: The 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs ( All General Talk )

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't know if you guys are following the Caps stories at all, but this has to be GOAT celebration I've ever seen.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ovie-and-the-caps’-epic-unceasing-celly.2501647/
Capitals party at Georgetown Waterfront, Alex Ovechkin does a keg stand with Stanley Cup and jumps in fountain shirtless
Alex Ovechkin, Capitals players take photo with Ivanka Trump after interrupting her Cafe Milano dinner date with Jared Kushner

Lol, partying with fun Russians might be most epic thing in the universe. Some of the people responses have been just as good though. :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I remember when Ovi first started how much fun he made the NHL, and how some people embraced a big personality. Then Pitt kept beating them, and it died down some.

Same reason why Subban is so popular. Ovi will catch shit I'm sure, but a lot more love I'd imagine.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
"Gentlemen, we have just won the Stanley Cup. Let us all dress in our finest suits and celebrate by sitting calmly in a circle around it while we each take turns sipping fine brandy out of it with our pinkies in the air. Anything else would be a disgrace to the proud, dignified sport of hockey."

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Can't get enough of the moment Ovi hoisting the cup. That might be one of the best cup hoists of all time (if that even exists lol) bourque had the better story line but I haven't seen anyone look this happy winning the cup and the sheer emotion is just great.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I don't know if you guys are following the Caps stories at all, but this has to be GOAT celebration I've ever seen.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ovie-and-the-caps’-epic-unceasing-celly.2501647/
Capitals party at Georgetown Waterfront, Alex Ovechkin does a keg stand with Stanley Cup and jumps in fountain shirtless
Alex Ovechkin, Capitals players take photo with Ivanka Trump after interrupting her Cafe Milano dinner date with Jared Kushner

Lol, partying with fun Russians might be most epic thing in the universe. Some of the people responses have been just as good though. :laugh:

We did not have as much phone and recording technology when Avs won their 1st cup, we were running around with beepers and such. During the 1st Avs cup, I bet we had a few players acting as wild as this too, not only after winning the cup, but a few beer drinkers during our 96 SC run. We did have some players favoring alcohol back when. Ovie does look pretty drunk with some other Cap players in those videos, its obvious.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Just wait until the season starts and Don Cherry dedicates an entire Coaches Corner segment to ripping Ovie for disrespecting the cup.
:laugh: I sent my uncle, who's a massive caps fan, an email the other day with a bunch of the videos and photos captioned 'somewhere in Ontario Don Cherry is grumbling about how Ovenchicken's hotdogging is ruining the sport'

Reactions: McMetal and Murzu

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If you're not watching the highlights from the Caps parade right now you're missing out. So many awesome moments. But unfortunately I don't think I can post many of them here :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad