The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I believe it's probably cheaper roster players. I can't wait for Dorion to be fired/retired so we can know what kind of pressure Melnyk was putting on him.

Could be. They still need to unload Duch and Stone in order to take the team to the cellar for good, no misconceptions what kind of a season the Sens are going to have. I wouldn't be surprised if they rack up sub 60pts in the next season.

Edit: Melnyk probably meant by "putting a winning team together" that the profit margins are going to increase by tenfold, making him a winner at the bank when they ship out their best players...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Supposedly Dallas refused to trade Heiskanen or Dellandrea.

Pathetic is the one word to describe Ottawa and we’re Panthers fans...
You got to feel for the Ottawa fans. Last year, they made the conference finals - a year later, the team is completely destroyed. And to make the disaster complete they don't even have their first round pick. I mean could anyone have imagined that things would have turned out this horrible? Unbelievable.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

You got to feel for the Ottawa fans. Last year, they made the conference finals - a year later, the team is completely destroyed. And to make the disaster complete they don't even have their first round pick. I mean could anyone have imagined that things would have turned out this horrible? Unbelievable.
I wouldn’t have traded Heiskanen either. I’m fully confident in him becoming a #1 D. Yeah the worst part is not having a first round pick in a year they are almost certainly guaranteed last place. And you know Duchene and Stone are bolting too.

Reactions: klabob

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Tallon needs to move on Stone. He would complete our top six!

By far the wort trade since the lockout. Im not a Sens fan, and Im pissed that things like this happen. Subban got Weber, Hall got Larsson, and Ottawa got taken to the shed, again, by Wilson.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Even after the Hoffman trade, they potentially still had a good team but Melnyk wanted scorched earth. The GM is so impotent or controlled by Melnyk that Boro is interviewing the owner instead of the GM. That org needs a new owner but this guy is just living in his own world inside of his head. He probably thinks that all of these trades are just a small bump on the way to greatness whereas that team looks like a 10 year rebuild even with Duchene and Stone on board.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I really need to question that whole Hoffman Karlsson saga now to be honest.

If they tore it that because of THAT, if the "problem" was already addressed, then why trade Karlsson? And trade him for absolute scraps?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it didnt happen. I am just saying all this sounds fishy as hell. If that crap didnt happen/come out, would the players in question still be traded?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Adding 15pts by switching up Bjugs with Stone while reducing two first rounders? Not worth the price.

The difference between Stone and Bjugs isnt just points though. If they ever gave Selkes to winger, it would be him.

Barkov and Stone on the same line would rarely ever get scored on.

Or put them on two different lines and you have to offensively and defensively sound lines.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

By far the wort trade since the lockout. Im not a Sens fan, and Im pissed that things like this happen. Subban got Weber, Hall got Larsson, and Ottawa got taken to the shed, again, by Wilson.

Dorion will trade him to Wilson for future considerations before trading any player to the East it seems.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Very famous lopsided trade as well.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The difference between Stone and Bjugs isnt just points though. If they ever gave Selkes to winger, it would be him.

Barkov and Stone on the same line would rarely ever get scored on.

Or put them on two different lines and you have to offensively and defensively sound lines.

OK. Still not going to happen.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
This season the team has to run the table on 3 division teams. Between the Wings, Habs, and Sens that’s like 30 points free for the taking

Reactions: Kellyr

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
You have to really question Dorian with a move like this, considering one of the conditional draft picks. One of the two conditionals would become a 1st rounder if EK is traded to an Eastern Conference team. I mean cmon, talk about taking things a bit too personal. That is ridiculous IMO.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Adding 15pts by switching up Bjugs with Stone while reducing two first rounders? Not worth the price.

That line would not only score, but they would shut other teams down. Stone is a very good defensive winger. I would absolutely give up our 1st rounder this year for Stone, two 1st rounders, not so much. I doubt it cost he would cost that much anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad