The 2018 Panthers off-season thread- Part II

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

It's all in finnish. Barkov visiting some finnish youtuber.
I've never seen Barkov smile so much ;) Also gotta say Barkov loved when Barkov was asked does he believe he can win this kid. My belief in myself is solid as a mountain in my skills (sound better in finnish) ;)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So the decision was made in February to trade Karlsson. He was never part of the plan.

Lol.

Get the Bjeast of Minnesota up to 55-60pts this year and trade him at the draft to OTT for their 2020 1st round pick :laugh:

Everyone was chirping Sakic and now aided by the dumbass that is Dorion, Joe looks like a rockstar. Could very well be a top 3 pick for them.
Gonna be a rough road ahead for Sens and Habs fans. :D

Reactions: Kellyr

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Get the Bjeast of Minnesota up to 55-60pts this year and trade him at the draft to OTT for their 2020 1st round pick :laugh:

Everyone was chirping Sakic and now aided by the dumbass that is Dorion, Joe looks like a rockstar. Could very well be a top 3 pick for them.
Gonna be a rough road ahead for Sens and Habs fans. :D
Just getting started in MTL, they still have some heavy contracts to unload, and the deliusions that its not OTT bad.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

It's all in finnish. Barkov visiting some finnish youtuber.
I've never seen Barkov smile so much ;) Also gotta say Barkov loved when Barkov was asked does he believe he can win this kid. My belief in myself is solid as a mountain in my skills (sound better in finnish) ;)

First thanks for the Video it was really nice and you can see Barkov enjoyed it too.
And when i saw Jokerit Helsinki Hoodie, that Guy had my sympathy. Its still a tradition Club no matter if they play now KHL.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Can we just sign Bill Lindsey to replace Potvin as color commentator? I don't know if I can take another season of the old man droning on endlessly about flat puck hockey while we should be getting play by play.

Bill Lindsay was so bad as some see Dennis Potvin, it doesnt comes from no where. That he went from TV to Radio position, with sometimes appearence in NHL Network.
Bill Lindsay was so bad as Co-Commentator, if they really want a new one. Then they should search for a complete new one, never ever again Lindsay.

It´s only Lindsay or Moller one i can handle two are to much for it. You can choose between staring in the Interview or always try to look better then your guest on the mic.

Reactions: Boothinator

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Why call it a disgrace if you can’t even see ?
Dont take it personal Eddie.

But Olli Jokinen was a true captain, and for some time, sole reason to watch the Panthers. Eddie was decent for 6 months. If there is one person in that photo that deserves a C on the chest its Olli.

Criminally taken for granted around even here.

Third best player in team history.

Reactions: RainingRats

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Dont take it personal Eddie.

But Olli Jokinen was a true captain, and for some time, sole reason to watch the Panthers. Eddie was decent for 6 months. If there is one person in that photo that deserves a C on the chest its Olli.

Criminally taken for granted around even here.

Third best player in team history.

Bure, Luongo, Beezer and Svehla all better/more valuable during their time with the Panthers. In fact, Jokinen's era may be the darkest, most forgettable segment in Panthers history....and that's saying something.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Screenshot_20180915-092659_theScore.jpg

Last edited:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hey there,

i was bored so i was surfing around and ended in the german Version of the NHL Page. What i found there was an Barkov Interview, maybe connected to the upcoming season and World Tour.
There was some nice Answers to find there. But the most interisting word that catched me was.

He was asked about leading Role on the Team and does he must do or think about for some personal changing?
The Answer was like. He will be always a Leader on the Ice, when he get his IceTime. That´s his Game and the Way to do it, to demonstrate and lead by action. He thought about maybe, he could be better by saying something or screaming in the Locker Room, if its needed. But current that is not his natural been and acting. Maybe later in his Carrer, he will be better at this Point but not current.

Does this mean that Barkov more or less said he would pass to be the Captain on the Team. When you heard Boughner and Tallon talking about McK, then they always praise him to be the locker Room Leader and works every shift. But when the Locker Position is a big Factor, then Barkov will not be the Captain.
Maybe a A for his Leadership on the Ice, but definetly not C on Jersey. So will Trocheck get the C then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad