Speculation: THE 2018-2019 ADAMGRAVES 6 IN 5 THREAD

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
2017-18 6in5 thread_zpsovoyp6ke.jpg

From all green to pretty much all red. I no like. Better get our butts in gear and make this 8 game home-stand worth while.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@CHGoalie27 , it didn't get any better or worse....yet. I'm at the point where we should call up Montembeault for a couple games. 2 goals tonight were tips against Reimer but just a tough loss when you control 65-75% of the game.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
This is the set that makes or breaks the season. No ****.
The season is already done. All there is to it is will Luongo ball out and save Boughner and Tallon's job by playing so well that we barely miss or will he get injured and we get a top 5 pick?

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Jesus Christ have we really only won six games in regulation?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The season is already done. All there is to it is will Luongo ball out and save Boughner and Tallon's job by playing so well that we barely miss or will he get injured and we get a top 5 pick?
I guess that’s the difference between us and penguins. Nobody would say that their season is done. Everyone is saying our season is done.

The records are identical at the moment.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I hope it ain't

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Solid 8pt set to go into the Christmas break!
A couple of us said that those BUF and TOR wins could be the games to turn around the year.
We're ahead of schedule from a year ago, we were 14-16-5 last year. 3 pts ahead as of today but probably could be 7-8 pts ahead without those blown losses earlier on in the season.

Hoping Trocheck isn't too far away, if Lu and Reimer can provide some consistent goaltending, along with Borgstrom and Hawk staying up and getting some of this depth scoring, anything is possible.

Speaking of Christmas, Merry Christmas to all of you, enjoy the holidays and get ready for Friday!
GO CANADA GO!!:neener:
:cheers:

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

1st 20 games: 8-9-3
2nd 20 games: 9-7-4

Been chasing a lot of points literally, opponent has scored first goal of game in 9 of 11 now? Given away a good 10 pts now to mental breakdowns in net or on defense along with bad positional play.
Top 6, Yandle and Reimer are keeping the season alive right now.
The next 20 games are quite the gauntlet, if somehow we can get to 4-5 games over .500 and go into our bye week knowing Trocheck is back for the playoff push.

Reactions: RainingRats

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think we’ll finish with 88-90 points. Only way we get into the playoffs is with a ten game+ winning streak

42 games left, probably need to be 12-13 games over .500 to get a wildcard spot, so your guess will probably come true.
I don't think the month of January will be nice to us, either the guys will step up or give up. Hoping they can tread long enough for Trocheck to come back, as long as he's fully healthy.

Reactions: RainingRats

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
@ThePatientPanther Is it ok for me to talk about asshairs a little bit?

Good.

Asshairs.

Last year, we missed the playoffs by an asshair.

Last year, we picked it up after the all star game ended. Tonight we are 3 asshairs away from the All Star Game and we beat Toronto in a convincing fashion.

So doing the math on asshair, all we'd have to do is as good as last year with pretty much the same older but wiser cast with Hoffman and a few good young guns, and we'll make the playoffs by just a couple asshairs instead of missing by an asshair.

Have hope and update the grid pls.

Reactions: Aksu and 16Skippy

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@ThePatientPanther Is it ok for me to talk about asshairs a little bit?

Good.

Asshairs.

Last year, we missed the playoffs by an asshair.

Last year, we picked it up after the all star game ended. Tonight we are 3 asshairs away from the All Star Game and we beat Toronto in a convincing fashion.

So doing the math on asshair, all we'd have to do is as good as last year with pretty much the same older but wiser cast with Hoffman and a few good young guns, and we'll make the playoffs by just a couple asshairs instead of missing by an asshair.

Have hope and update the grid pls.

Asshair and you will receive. :)

12 of our next 14 games are at home. No excuses to be tired with our bye week coming up from January 21st to Feb 1st. If we can get to 5-6 games over .500 before the end of this big homestand than we will be in decent shape. Need some big efforts like last night as the rest of the month has no easy games. Trocheck could be the spark we needed? Love beating the Leafs, now let's get on a 4-5 game win streak and build some confidence throughout the team.

Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I guess there’s always one team in the big leagues that’s near the bottom and then goes on a run and either just makes the postseason or comes really close.

It could be the Panthers or it could be LA. Panthers have a better chance.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

More green after a ton of red but need another 3-4 in a row now!
Liking the effort of the new guys, hopefully this all around effort can be sustained.
That's 4 wins in 5 games against quality competition.
Reimer has earned the nod going forward.
Hoffman still close to a 40 goal pace

I'm still a believer we can chase down a wildcard spot.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Stl, Pitt, DC, Tampa, Dallas how will the Panthers do? Will there be a trade? Will they tank? Or will they shock everyone by some significant wins?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad