Prospect Info: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Then if makar busts, we are set back even further. Were not good enough offensively to pass on clearly better forwards for a dman. We cant just draft a guy that is say 10th on our board just because he is a dman. Thats how you make mistakes in a draft. I without a doubt would prefer to take d with our first pick but cant reach like that. If a dman is say 6th on our board then im ok with using the 4th pick on them but cant say d no matter what. Theres going to be a wide variety of rankings for makar and lilj. It wouldnt shock me at all if they arent top 10 on a majority of boards

There's no real "sure shot" in this draft and Makar is one of the most (if not the most) talented player of this class. IMO he has the highest ceiling of all these guys, including Patrick.

I understand why there are red flags surrounding him and it would be real bad for us to waste the pick resulting of a season like we just had on a bust.

Ideally I'd love to draft Makar with an extra 1st rounder.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
If we end up with too many solid young D, than we trade one off for help up front. But I do not think Makar or Valimaki are worth picking over Vilardi. The top 4 is very clearly defined IMO.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
There's no real "sure shot" in this draft and Makar is one of the most (if not the most) talented player of this class. IMO he has the highest ceiling of all these guys, including Patrick.

I understand why there are red flags surrounding him and it would be real bad for us to waste the pick resulting of a season like we just had on a bust.

Ideally I'd love to draft Makar with an extra 1st rounder.
Id be more than ok taking makar with a second first. He would be worth the risk and we still would have a very solid player with our 4th pick. Just cant see taking that risk at 4. Vilardi is too good a hockey player to pass up for makars risk/reward profile. Ideally for me is heiskanen is there and we take him at 4. I dont know if hes a better player than vilardi but its close enough to take the dman. Its just not close enough with makar or lilj compared to vilardi

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I would also love to somehow get out of this draft with both Vilardi and Valimaki but I would think both BUF and WIN will be going after Valimaki. They both have a strong need for a LHD.

Any combination of Vilardi/Glass and Valimaki/Makar/Foote will be great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad