GDT: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft [06/23/2017 @ 7 PM ET]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Hard to imagine that polarizing of a difference in the teams performance next season. Either way sprinkling in a few rookies and hoping for magic doesn't seem like a great management strategy.
I don't think Duchene is mentally weak like many on here do. I also believe what ever winger plays with Duchene, be it Jost, Ghetto, Compher or Geer, will be better than Rene.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'd be all for Hague or Timmins, draft all the D

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

bravo-gif-455.gif

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
You're wrong. But given your bias towards the Avs I'm not surprised.

Schenn has put up 59 and 55 points in each of the last 2 seasons. He's signed for 3 more years and makes just 5M.

Now, I think Duchene has a touch more value. But not a significant amount. If Schenn only returned a late 1st and another likely late 1st, and had to take on a terrible cap dump to do so. Duchene is probably getting only slightly more than that.

Hard to say what the discrepancy is between them.

But schenn isn't known to be a great center. Not to mention, all his points are on the PP.

Isn't he a dreadful ES point producer?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I could understand if Chicago was picking in the top 5 so you could say "picking the future", but the 3rd last pick in the 1st round?

Pointless theatrics and pandering.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I didn't mind that? It beats a bunch of old men thanking the host city, thanking the Cup champs, and saying hi to their fans back home. At least it brought a bit of personality.

Then again, this is the no fun league

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Man, Hextall really didn't want to take on that Lehtera cap. Not that I blame him, but good on him for getting so much to do so.

Schenn's a pretty good player. Nowhere near the #1C the Blues need; but he'll help them if they can acquire that C some other way. So that's a pretty good return for a cap dump trade.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That might have been the most self absorbed production ever by a team at the draft.

It's about the prospects not the All Stars. Kid's moment got totally overshadowed.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hard to say what the discrepancy is between them.

But screen isn't known to be a great center. Not to mention, all his points are on the PP.

Isn't he a dreadful ES point producer?

He is. Pierce is just looking at the rudimentary stats. Schenn's production is in large part due to Philly's powerplay. He's a completely different player than Duchene, doesn't really have the ability to drive a line at all. I don't see how they are really at all comparable.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hate Kane and Toews but I'd rather see those two up on the stage since they're actually key contributors to the organization than a bunch of Children who happen to have Dads who work for the team.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Why is everyone so riled up over that. It's not like they did it in another teams building lol. Let the Fans enjoy their teams selection.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I hate Kane and Toews but I'd rather see those two up on the stage since they're actually key contributors to the organization than a bunch of Children who happen to have Dads who work for the team.

I've never understood why organizations drag kids out there. I mean...yeah, it's probably cool for the kids, but this is the draft for a professional team. Not an on-stage family event. Chicago took it to a whole new level of course.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't consider myself an "Asset Management at all costs" type of guy (the Stastny debate I would think made that very clear), but not trading Duchene is a mistake. I do not believe there's repairing this relationship, and I won't be surprised if he's already privately asked for a trade (and could potentially turn that into a public request).

He's walking in 2 years, or the Avs are going to sell him for even less in a deadline deal before then. Regardless of how it ends, Joe Sakic has been an unmitigated disaster as a GM here. Love the player, but it would be so great for Sakic to just get a ceremonial title in the Front Office (with no real power), and then basically just show up to games and be something of a "fan ambassador".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad