GDT: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft [06/23/2017 @ 7 PM ET]

Status
Not open for further replies.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
The mini freak out happening of this board is quite amusing. I believe Sakic when he says the trade offers for Duchene wouldn't help the team more than Duchene himself. Duchene's value fell a lot because of the end of last season. I don't believe Duchene's downward spiral will continue and after his bounce back we'll actually get better value for him at the trade deadline next year rather than this weak draft.

Hard to imagine that polarizing of a difference in the teams performance next season. Either way sprinkling in a few rookies and hoping for magic doesn't seem like a great management strategy.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
You realize Schenn has put up 59 and 55 points the last 2 seasons right?

He probably has more value than Duchene at this point. He's signed longer, on a better cap hit, and is younger while producing very similarly to what Duchene has done in the last few years.

Do you think 2 late 1sts and a cap dump would be a lot for Duchene?

Yeah... Schenn does not have more value for Duchene...

Not even close...

But I really don't want to get into it tonight anymore...

Hope we can get Tolvanen at #32...

Not his biggest fan but at #32 that would be a steal...

Also a few other guys available that would be nice to get...

Really hope they don't trade that pick...

Good night everyone!

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The mini freak out happening on this board is quite amusing. I believe Sakic when he says the trade offers for Duchene wouldn't help the team more than Duchene himself. Duchene's value fell a lot because of the end of last season. I don't believe Duchene's downward spiral will continue and after his bounce back we'll actually get better value for him at the trade deadline next year rather than this weak draft.

Duchene is not going to "bounce back" after 2 years of trade rumours and playing for Jared Bednar

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I want Timmins or Hague at #32. In that order. I'm sure NAS will take one of them because you know...they are Ds.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
The mini freak out happening on this board is quite amusing. I believe Sakic when he says the trade offers for Duchene wouldn't help the team more than Duchene himself. Duchene's value fell a lot because of the end of last season. I don't believe Duchene's downward spiral will continue and after his bounce back we'll actually get better value for him at the trade deadline next year rather than this weak draft.

As long as we have the same HC I fully expect that spiral to continue.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah... Schenn does not have more value for Duchene...

Not even close...

But I really don't want to get into it tonight anymore...

Hope we can get Tolvanen at #32...

Not his biggest fan but at #32 that would be a steal...

Also a few other guys available that would be nice to get...

Really hope they don't trade that pick...

Good night everyone!

You're wrong. But given your bias towards the Avs I'm not surprised.

Schenn has put up 59 and 55 points in each of the last 2 seasons. He's signed for 3 more years and makes just 5M.

Now, I think Duchene has a touch more value. But not a significant amount. If Schenn only returned a late 1st and another likely late 1st, and had to take on a terrible cap dump to do so. Duchene is probably getting only slightly more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad