GDT: The 2017 NHL Draft (Please read warning before posting. Draft talk only) | Part 2

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Too drunk and lazy to read every thread. Can someone give me a summary on all of our picks?

2nd - Zachary Lauzon - LHD - QMJHL - Defensive dman (won the award for it this year in the Q) who can supposedly pass and skate, massive reach, may have the ability to score more

3rd - Clayton Phillips - LHD - USHL (NCAA commit season after this one coming - Offensive dman, big skating and offensive abilities but yet to put it together (possibly due to converting from forward), not the biggest

5th - Jan Drozg - LW - Swedish Juniors - Slovenian guy who's ripped up Swedish U18s/IIHF U18s and his brief taste of U20s, but not played much of a higher level. Lot of Sprong comparables.

5th - Linus Olund - C - SHL - 20 year old guy with best p/60 of draft eligible players in the SHL. Two way centre with a lot of poise, no stand out qualities mentioned yet. Most Swedes saying he should have gone a lot earlier.

6th - Antti Palojarvi - LHD - Finnish Juniors - Next to nothing known. Supposedly skates and passes well enough.

7th - William Reilly - RHD - One of the College leagues - Was the best prospect in the OJHL two years ago, big bodied offensive dman.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
2nd - Zachary Lauzon - LHD - QMJHL - Defensive dman (won the award for it this year in the Q) who can supposedly pass and skate, massive reach, may have the ability to score more

3rd - Clayton Phillips - LHD - USHL (NCAA commit season after this one coming - Offensive dman, big skating and offensive abilities but yet to put it together (possibly due to converting from forward), not the biggest

5th - Jan Drozg - LW - Swedish Juniors - Slovenian guy who's ripped up Swedish U18s/IIHF U18s and his brief taste of U20s, but not played much of a higher level. Lot of Sprong comparables.

5th - Linus Olund - C - SHL - 20 year old guy with best p/60 of draft eligible players in the SHL. Two way centre with a lot of poise, no stand out qualities mentioned yet. Most Swedes saying he should have gone a lot earlier.

6th - Antti Palojarvi - LHD - Finnish Juniors - Next to nothing known. Supposedly skates and passes well enough.

7th - William Reilly - RHD - One of the College leagues - Was the best prospect in the OJHL two years ago, big bodied offensive dman.

Thanks a lot! :)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Looking over the full draft now, I realized that the players I was hoping the Pens would pick were gone anyway by the time the 51st pick came around. So I can't be too upset since they weren't available.

Just hope some of the guys they took end up being gems. Lauzon, specifically, would be awesome if he turned into the next M.E. Vlasic.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I mean im still sort if pissed about dropping out of the first for a scrub 4th liner, but i like the strategy of this draft... i like going for boom or bust guys and loading up on the weakest prospect areas

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Last year's draft is looking really bad. Hopefully this year's is at least an average draft. If we get one NHL player and a few AHL stalwarts who can provide depth and handle spot duty like a Warsofsky, that's a good draft.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Lauzon compares himself to Vlasic i think it was?

Yes, but I've thrown out the Cole comparison as well. Not based on what I've seen from him (I haven't watched him), but how he describes his play. Likes to play very physically, says he's very aggressive in 1-on-1 battles, supposedly a very strong skater. Sounds a lot like Cole. If he's somewhere in between Cole and Vlasic, and can play top-4 minutes in a shutdown role, that would be a huge success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad